Second Episode - First impressions

-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
If I was disappointed yesterday - today's episode more than made up for it. The movement from high peak to another was simply superb. Yet the eternal doubting thomas in me whispers, how long can such high treat continue.

The confrontation between the siblings, the women standing to protect a young girl, the exposure in front of the entire society, and the crowning glory - "I forgive you". Wooohhh!!

I loved the expressions on the Thakurain's face when the truth is revealed. Narayani seems to have been wasted so far. All I could see were those atrociously dangling jhumkas of hers. They just kept me from watching her, funny what little things can do. I forget the name of the actor who plays the Thakur, he's a veteran actor and his prowess cannot be doubted, but today even he didn't stand out so much. Today's day belonged to the two youngsters.

Ankit Arora was fantastic in the way his character transitioned from anger and arrogance in the beginning to shock when he discovers the truth and then again bravado and desperation to turn the tables yet again in his own favor. Superbly played.

In contrast, I found Gulki to be quite insipid. Could be because she is yet a newcomer. But somehow I'm unable to see the change in her whether she is excited or scared or defiant. Her body language, expressions, tone all remains the same. But maybe I should wait and watch.

So what was it that captivated me - it was that final line. "I understand your limitations and I too forgive you". There was defiance in that statement, a calm self-respect, an indomitable spirit, and yet it worked like charm, because of the same handicap that I observed earlier. Gulki's expression or voice didn't change, it remained as subdued as it was when she was begging for her payment. But that sameness invested her with a humility that lifted the scene above the mundane.

... and then the precap had Varun making his entry - very cliched and SRK like. Varun seems to have worked on himslef since his GilliGilli Gappa days - the flab was missing and all Varun fans can thank whatever stars for this transformation.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Hi chitra(If I may call you so.😳.)Well I have been lurking the forum since its inception and I read yor impressions yesterday too.Well the show was much more gripping in terms of the pace and narrative today with each and every second peaking towards the crescendo and BAM!! I too was zapped at the last scene where Suguni(Please correct that the name is suguni and not gulki....I guess-which means that she is guni-talented su- stands for good ..So Suguni means someone who is talented or has good qualities) 

Well as for a newcomer the lead is doing a fairly decent job but I so totally agree that Narayani who is a powerhouse of talent has been wasted..Though I did loved her introduction yesterday but today she did not seem to connect...Somehow the eagerness and pathos for her daughter was missing.And I am so looking forward to the entry of Varun who is also a very potential actor...

I lubbed the great twist of the Bhai-Behen track😲..Much UNEXPECTED!!SHOCKING!!⭐️

And ofc the final high point being Suguni forgiving the thakur.So far so Good!! GRIPPING!!

P.S-Nice meeting you.Hope to meet some wonderful ppl in this forum

-Piu

Edited by manzilmukul - 12 years ago
sweetbibi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
loved the episode didn't get the chance to watch it but I read the written update and it is a power packed episode
-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for your feedback Piu. I usually use the actual names of actors when I'm talking of acting prowess, screen presence etc. rather than using their character names. It simply helps me to differentiate between what an actor brings to the table and how the CVs have visualized the character.

Gulki Joshi is the actor who is playing the role of Sulgi or Suguni (I'm not exactly sure of the character name).
Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Ooops Chitra..Lol My mishtake..😆..I never knew that the actress name was Gulki😆I made a complete bakra😆