2nd episode was great

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Okay so phir subah hogi is the story of Sugni who is born into a world of Bednis. the whole ritual is just disgusting. It's so ironic. In other parts of India a girl's respect is everything for her, but here is you don't do such acts then you are considered bad for your family. 

the second episode.It was very good. I really enjoyed it especially the end. It shows clearly her struggle without her complying to what is immoral and wrong. Her mother wishes the best for her but can't seem to find a middle ground for Sugni. To dance or not to dance... the question of her life.

great episode.
waiting for tomorrow to see how cvs will develop Sugni's last dialogue.
Sugni's last dialogue was like a knock out punch...the girl has spunk! LOL...I'm liking that about her character...in the entire Bedni community, she seems to be the only woman who dares to open her mouth in front of the Thakurs who rule with an iron fist and treat the women like they are nothing.

The actress playing Sugni is doing a very good job...

The relationships in this show are very complicated given the premise of the show...they are in an alternate sort of universe where morality seems to be up for debate in general...today's episode, especially the confrontation at the mandir where it is revealed that the guy was actually leching after his half-sister was enough to give an idea of the ramifications of these kind of customs being followed.

It remains to be seen how things move forward...I hope Narayani's character has a stronger role in the future...she seems to be quite a helpless mom at this point...
I watched the two episodes, and indeed I am in like with show. That guy he was leaching behind his half sister, was enough to make my head reel, but indeed I should salute the directors for their research on a tradition and family like this.There are many groups in india who face situations like this. I am liking Narayani character more than sugni's one.

waiting for today
loved the dialogue I too have forgiven you that was a powerful line by Sugni
Originally posted by AreYaar

Sugni's last dialogue was like a knock out punch...the girl has spunk! LOL...I'm liking that about her character...in the entire Bedni community, she seems to be the only woman who dares to open her mouth in front of the Thakurs who rule with an iron fist and treat the women like they are nothing.

The actress playing Sugni is doing a very good job...

The relationships in this show are very complicated given the premise of the show...they are in an alternate sort of universe where morality seems to be up for debate in general...today's episode, especially the confrontation at the mandir where it is revealed that the guy was actually leching after his half-sister was enough to give an idea of the ramifications of these kind of customs being followed.

It remains to be seen how things move forward...I hope Narayani's character has a stronger role in the future...she seems to be quite a helpless mom at this point...

So true, knock out punch, I felt like clapping, it was sudden and intense, it's like verbal slap to the 'thakur' who is unfotunately her father. It was as powerful as the tagline of the show ' main nahi nachungi'.

And yes relationship in this show are complex in nature, No doubt this show is going to be raw in nature.With Narayani , i would like to see how thakur jawalasingh character has been shaped up, though he was not good , he isn't bad either, i wanted to see the conflict between father and the thakur when sugni's story preceeds😊
Edited by -Fragrance-- - 12 years ago
That last dialogue. I burst out laughing at the spunk of this girl and had an immediate liking for the character.