•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

WELCOME TO THE APPRECIATION THREAD#1 OF SUGNI WHO IS PLAYED BY GULKI JOSHI

Sugni is a girl who has the courage to dream and make her dreams come true, she is the type of girl who is brave enough to fight for her right , to fight for dreams, to stand against the wrong doings.

Article credit to naresh123

Injustice towards women is rampant all over the world and one such reality is prevalent in the 'Bedia' community of Bundelkhand region, Madhya Pradesh.

They are a tribe known for their beautiful 'Raai Dance'. But over the years, the tradition of Raai dance has become exploitative in nature forcing women to undergo the ritual of 'Sar Dhakaai'; in the garb of which women are exploited and abused. Against such a heart-rending backdrop, Zee TV's brand new offering, Phir Subah Hogi traces the journey of 'Sugni', a bedni by birth who wants to break free from this social evil and lead a dignified life. Theatre artist, Gulki Joshi has been roped in to play the pivotal role of Sugni.

This is Gulki's television debut but she is already in the news for her acting prowess and diligence. During a recent shoot she earned those well-deserved brownie points when she performed the phenomenal task of chauffeuring Varun Badola on a rustic cycle rickshaw that literally put her strength and stamina to test. Lugging a rickety cycle rickshaw on an undulated terrain under the scorching sun deserves a pat on the back. It's a different story that after this feat of bravery Gulki was left nursing the bruises on her feet for a few days but the commendable point is that she is unfazed after such a draining task and is ready for more such challenges.

Gulki's eyes twinkled when asked about her journey so far, "My mother says that ever since I have gained consciousness, I have wanted to become an actor. Apparently the acting bug bit me big time when I saw Shushmita Sen being crowned Miss Universe on television and since then there has been no looking back. I was too young to remember this but my family keeps reminding me of the incident. My friends were shocked when they came to know that I had bagged the lead role of a primetime show as I was never too keen to do daily soaps, which involved the rona-dhona rigmarole. But the Eureka moment in my life happened when I read the script; heard the character sketch and auditioned for the role. After that I was clear in my head that Sugni of Phir Subah Hogi will be my launch pad as this is exactly the kind of role I was waiting for."

"One interesting story of my life is that I don't have to go to the gym these days as Sugni has to keep running around from pillar to post in the literal sense of the word throughout the show. When I had first started shooting I was a little plump, but with all the bhagambhag in the show I have shed those extra pounds. Trust me for a woman nothing beats the feeling of staying in shape without making extra efforts for it," adds Gulki.

Edited by mjht_one - 11 years ago

mjht_one
nariy
OmaRamdass
Siramad
shanak.hot

if you would like to be added to the members list PM me or hit the like button
Edited by mjht_one - 11 years ago
guyz have done editing the post do join