HOL Reloaded#91(IO) Main waari jaawa

Posted: 12 years ago
To Old CCs and New Beginnings! 😃
#90 of HOL = # 1 of HOL reloaded

yeah yeah its HOL reloaded 😆 Thats FYI if any of our dear old stalkers have survived the tough years and bad shows 😆

Rules (sort of love making these up)

1. Invites ONLY 😆 
2. Friends first, everything else next!
3. Any show, any topic, any time :)
4. Respect each other, bash no IF member

and other such stuff..

Edited by myownarea - 11 years ago
Posted: 11 years ago
Congozzz folks 🤗

Glad we made it to the 2nd CC of the return of the HOL gang 😆

Though I prefer reloaded 'cos it reminds me of Matrix Reloaded..😆
Hey everyone!!!!!!!!!

Me here as usual i am not here on the weekends... :)

I had a good weekend... Went to chilis to eat good mexican lunch... TDP dekhne ka plan tha. lekin they cancelled it so i ended up watching 3 idiots and jo jeeta wahi super star... The only two singers i like in that show are Sreeram and Anvesha...

Saw Ajay devgan on Isi ka naam zindagi... Ajay and Kajol make a beautiful pair...best part is they are their own self they dont pretend to be anything else...

Thanks to Divya i think i am liking EHM now ( virat-Maanvi only). The track getting interesting ... so lets see where it heads to...

After a long time i went to the libraray and ghet my self some Nancy Drew... Oh i used to love reading them so much when i was growing up that when i saw some new ones i just picked them up... :). Loving them :)
Hey deepti 🤗 Glad u decided to take a look at EHM 😃 *yay* CC mein one more!!

@Rinky..Hello 🤗 ab tho batao...kya kiya flurrys mein? 😆
congo shongo on new  revised cc 2
flurys? woh dastaan purana hai ji...no 1 interested but you...meine pics bhi nahi liye so i cant even show u...u shud see i was looking like a pink teddy bear next to the dubli girls...😆
arrey, ye kya baat hui..I'm interested.. Pics nahi liye 😲 Kyun...but why!!!

Plus I read ur post in the HD forum, makes sense :) Wish we thought like that during MJHT.. bohot kuch avoid kar sakthe the..sigh..

@Tanu..congo shongo to u 22 jii ..was just dl'g DEK 😆

When driver turned Arjun's best friend in Lucknow

Monday, April 23, 2012 | 1:01:07 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     When driver turned Arjun's best friend in Lucknow

Debutant Arjun Kapoor befriended a driver named Avneesh Yadav while shooting near Lucknow for "Ishaqzaade". The driver became a reference point for the actor's character of a Uttar Pradesh-based boy for the film.

arjun kapoor

Debutant Arjun Kapoor befriended a driver named Avneesh Yadav while shooting near Lucknow for "Ishaqzaade". The driver became a reference point for the actor's character of a Uttar Pradesh-based boy for the film.

"Ishaqzaade" was shot in a small town called Hardoi near Lucknow.

Yadav has been bragging that he had actually turned Arjun from "Bombaiyya" to a "UP ka chhokra (UP-based boy)", and that he taught Arjun the local dialect, the way to walk, and conduct himself like a local, not from Lucknow, but from the state's interiors.

And one of Arjun's close friends confirms that Yadav is indeed telling the truth.

"Avneesh became Arjun's best friend in UP. Avneesh is a taxi driver whom Arjun met at the Lucknow airport," said the friend.

"On the journey from the airport to the hotel, Arjun got around talking with his driver and soon they hit it off. Before Avneesh dropped Arjun at his hotel, they had become buddies. Arjun suggested that Avneesh drive him all around Lucknow and Hardoi throughout his shooting," the friend added.

From that point till the shooting was over, Avneesh and Arjun were nearly inseparable.

The actor's friend added: "Avneesh, in fact, became a reference point for Arjun's character in 'Ishaqzaade'. Director Habib Faisal told Arjun to use Avneesh's mannerisms, body language and spoken language."

"In fact, Arjun's performance is finally modelled on Avneesh. You see Arjun had all the personality traits of a Juhu boy. Avneesh helped Arjun transform into a 'UP ka chhokra'."

The friendship also came as a golden opportunity for Avneesh, who ended up with a role in the film.

"Avneesh could've never imagined he would actually be sharing frames with the hero of the film. He was just happy mingling with the unit. Now he claims to his friends he is a Yashraj discovery. And he isn't wrong. Avneesh has given a very confident performance in his cameo."

Yadav and Arjun have remained in contact even after the actor returned to Mumbai.

Yadav can't wait for the film to open. He has decided to book an entire theatre for his family and friends.

I read an interview of Arjun Kapoor's/// very grounded!!

Indiatimes|The Times of India|The Economic Times|

Unreal people rule prime time
A still from Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam

Cardboard cutouts and screen perfect characters define the way the lead protagonists are in daily soaps. Whatever happened to real characters like us?

In the 80s and 90s Indian telly soaps almost seemed real. The lead characters were not larger than life figures, or they holier than thou, pristine souls, too perfect to be true, but flesh and blood human beings who made mistakes, and were people like us. Cut to the 21 stcentury and the advent (and success) of saas-bahu sagas brought in the unexpected - pious and long suffering bahus who spent an inordinate amount of time using their lachryimal glands, while the men got reduced to being props. Entertainment television shows now take pride in being OTT caricatures. And surprise, surprise, sometimes it even works. At least the TRPs of these shows are indicative of how the audiences' taste has changed over the years and caricatures and unreal characters are now acceptable.

In the technicolour world of daily soaps, you encounter only caricatures - heroines who are painfully passive people, pooja thali in hand, they are draped in mile long ghunghatsthat never slip off their heads (Gopi Bahu in Saath NibhanaSaathiya, Akshara in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Saroj of Shubh Vivaah, the bahu brigade of Mrs Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein,Aartiof Punar Vivah,Jeevika of Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai,Radhikaof Chhoti Bahu), the ambitious young girl who wants to carve out a career for herself (Krishna in Afsar Bitiya, Sanchi in Ruk Jana Nahin, Megha in Naa Bole Tum Na Maine KuchKaha, Sandhya of Diya Aur Baati Hum). Somewhere tucked in between are a handful of perky young women who are not quite towing the typical bahu line and are self-respecting middle-class girl married to a rich and arrogant men who have to educate the hero to her ways of right and wrong (Khushi in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Pratigyaof MannKe Awaaz Pratigya, Indira of Hitler Didi, Priya of Bade Achche Lagte Hain, Manyata of Dekha Ek Khwab,Manviof Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai)

And the heroes? Well, they are almost conveniently carved out too. He could either be supportive (Suraj of Diya Aur Baati Hum, Mohan of Naa Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Dev of Chhoti Bahu, Naitik of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hain, Viren of Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai,LuckySinghAhluwalia of Parvarish - Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi), or the plain arrogant, insufferable tycoon who will be eventually tamed and reformed by the lady he unwittingly and unwillingly falls in love (Ram of Bade AchcheLagte Hai, Arnav of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Yash of Punar Vivaah, Virat of Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai). There's a third type too! The cheating and adulterous spouses, (Pradeep of Kya HuaTera Wada, Amrit of Shubh Vivaah, Jagya of BalikaVadhu).

Is it any wonder then that cardboard cutouts such as these don't get to experience real lives? The protagonists even go through the same situations, irrespective of the soaps, and channels. Almost all marriages of the couples are forced, very few are consummated until weeks and months of airtime and keeping the audience on tenterhooks, romantic scenes are restricted to heroines falling in the hero's waiting and strong arms, followed by an intense eyelock and flying dupattas that always end on the hero's hand or gets attached to his shirt buttons. In a 20-minute episode, interspersed with TV commercials, the protagonists of the daily soaps have no choice but to be mere puppets whose characters undergo changes as and when the TRPs demands. No wonder than TV dramas symbolise the suspension of disbelief mode. For the non-believers who question the verity of these characters, the remote's a pretty handy device!

---------------------------------

i had to say writer added all protagnist male or female just to make in short but last para is very much right 😆

Edited by pyaar_ka_panchi - 11 years ago