Phir Subah Hogi

PSH: What's unique about Zee TV's new show?

daffodil81 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

PHIR SUBAH HOGI: What's unique about Zee TV's new show?

Actors Narayani Shastri and Varun Badola vouch for the show's unique quotient. But is it really that hatke?

Phir Subah Hogi is a new show that premiered on Zee TV on April 17, 2012 at 9.30pm. It revolves around free-spirited Sugni who wants to live life on her own terms and not according to the rules and rituals laid down by her community – the Bedia tribe. Relationships in her tribe are need based and sans any emotions. But Sugni dreams of a relation that's love based. She wants a partner for life, an idea that's not accepted with open hearts and minds in the tribe. The show is about Sugni's quest for freedom.

Returning to television after a long sabbatical through Phir Subah Hogi is actor Varun Badola who will play the role of a powerful thakur. Badola, who didn't want to come back to TV with another saas-bahu saga found his role in this show so interesting that he agreed at once to do it. "I was shocked when I got to know that in a country like India, which has come a long way, such things still exist. But I quite liked my character and that is why I agreed for the show," he said in an interview.

Phir Subah Hogi also features Narayani Shastri who plays the role of a 'Rai' dancer, Gulabia in this serial. "After doing an amazing project like Namak Haraam, I just could not make myself do a saas-bahu show. But I liked my character; the storyline is good and moreover, the project challenged me in every possible way – the language is different, the character is also very strange, the look is so different," Shastri said, somewhat echoing Varun's words. Other characters in this serial are essayed by Gulki Joshi, Anushree Bathla, Anuj Sachdeva, Nimai Bali and Sikander Kharbanda. Let's wait and watch if this show really turns out to be as different as Varun and Narayani expect it to be.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FastFuriousgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
it is really unique and different 
-Naresh- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
PR, PV after i like PSH.. it iz diiferent from other shows unique concept... well done zee.. i like Phir subah hogi..