Magical_KaSh thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

TV is stuck with saas-bahu sagas: Sucheeta Trivedi

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Apr 25, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read more:Sucheeta Trivedi|Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka.|Baa Bahoo Aur Baby
Tweet
TV is stuck with saas-bahu sagas: Sucheeta Trivedi
Sucheeta Trivedi
TV actress Sucheeta Trivedi on her break from the small screen, her future plans and more

She was the firebrand Meenu in the show Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka. Actor Sucheeta Trivedi carved a niche for herself in the tellyland with her role of Meenakshi in Baa Bahoo Aur Baby and Shilpa in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki. After impressing the telly viewer with her commendable yet subtle small screen presence in Baa Bahoo Aur Baby, Sucheeta took a decsion to opt for a long break. The actor, after the hiatus, is back in her new avatar (as a mom-in-law) on the small screen with the upcoming soap Ek Doosre Se Karte Hain Pyaar Hum.

Quiz her about her long break and she tells you the reason in a rather complaining tone, "Post Baa Bahoo... I got various acting offers and that too from good production houses, but all of them were somewhat the same as the character of Meenakshi. I didn't want to get typecast as a character and so I kept away from acting. As an actor, repeating similar character was no challenge for me at all. So, I simply waited for the right role to come my way."

Sucheeta, who is a wonderful dancer and a strong theatre-personality, finds it a bit strange playing mother to those who are merely few years younger to her. She says, "It is so funny, in Kahaani... I was playing mother to someone who's elder to me!" She shares jokingly, "In Ek Doosre Se..., post pack up, we all catch up to play Frisbee or just simply chat. My co-stars make fun of me and even pull my leg. But, as an actor, it is challenging to play an older character."

So what kept Sucheeta busy during this break? "I'd gained weight and so I hit the gym, went on a diet to get back in shape. That apart I enjoyed spending quality time with my family specially with my mother. Also, I was addicted to watching TV and films," shares Sucheeta. And she kept her future plans coming up during the break. She says, "I feel sorry about the way our TV industry is stuck with the typical saas-bahu and family dramas. I had almost made up my mind to produce a show inspired by a medical thriller. But I have put it on rest for some financial issues right now. This is one dream and I'll definitely fulfill it sometime," says this pretty Gujarati girl with a confident smile.

In real life, Sucheeta is an "absolute fun loving person" who enjoys being with family. Ask her about any plans to tying the knot and pat comes the reply, "I'm single and happy. And no, I'm not waiting for Mr Right. If marriage is destined, it'll happen. But, even if it doesn't, I'll be equally happy."