Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Priya vrs Ram - My Analysis

mem1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
I am sorry. I just wanted to use a sensational title to attract attention! Let me start by saying It is not Priya Vrs Ram. It is Ram-Priya vrs the world (as in the sharmas and the rest of the Kapoors) 

Now I am going to put forth my POV on some of the major events in BALH that caused major warfare on IF. 

1. HM and Post HM leading up to Divorce papers

Priya was very trusting and never questioned Ram even after Apeksha talked ot her. She only asked him after she saw him hugging A. Now which woman wouldn't? Then when he refused to tell her, she quit asking. She didn't accuse him, blame him or get mad at him for not answering. 

Ram was afraid he would lose Priya if he told her the story of his past, It is a little hard to  digest, but anyway, it was a big deal for him. I can understand that. He wanted to keep her at bay so she wouldn't be tempted to ask more questions. Fine. He was a little more rude than required. He said stuff like "Hak jamaana chahti ho" and "closet pe Kabza" , and I felt offended with that behaviour. But Priya considered his character , his previous actions (Karva Chauth, Ashwin etc. ) and gave him the benefit of doubt. She was not upset at him for being mean to her, she was upset that he was hurting. When the divorce papers happened, and he didn't apologise, she didn't care. That is what true love is. not about who won and who lost, but about forgiving each other and understanding why they did it, rahter than blaming them for doing it. 

2. Confession
That was just a series of MUs created on purpose to give us a dhamaakedaar confession. no one wanted a candlelit dinnertable sweet talking confession. There are diabetics among us too...
This was the only way to give us the whole " i love your paseena, your smiles, your frown" confession.
She was justified in screaming and calling him a big man with ego, because he left her and went off to the party, and when she got there, he ignored her. 
He was justiified ,because he was planning a surprise and she started flirting with others.
He was justified in getting angry because she made him feel insecure about his wt. so he said the 'suite' thing. Not nice at all, but just shows his frustration. 
She was justified in screaming, because her husband just called her a prostitute. Who wouldn't be angry. but in her anger, she didnt call him names. she was just telling him how much she loved him, and said he had a big ego, so wouldn't admit that he loved her. 
He was justified in not replying, cause he was shocked
she was justified in walking away, cause he didn't reply

He was not mad at her for walking away. he understood her situation, and tried to rectify it. 
She was not mad at him for not responding. she just thought he didn't love her as much, and didn't want to force him into saying something he didnt mean.

3. Ayesha-Sid fiasco 

Priya was concerned about Sid's behavior, because she knew his character. She didn't call the police, go to the newspapers or anything. she simply confronted him and told him to stay away form A. He ignored her. Then when his own sister came and told her she needed to do something and then Neha told her the Holi episode, then what choice did she have? Yes, she could have gone to her parents. but in my opinion, keeping it within the family was a more sensible thing to do. instead of talking to her dad about her brother-in-law, she talked to her husband about his brother. 

Ram listened to her and wanted to question Sid. which again was the right thing to do. it wasn't just her, it was also his sis and Neha. He got upset because Nih put up a show about how scared Sid was. He didn't scream, he told Priya to talk to Ayesha. Again, what was wrong with that? Priya's silent treatment , which seemed like a big crime to most, seemed very natural to me. People get upset. they want to be silent. that is the advantage you have with family. with colleagues at work, you have to talk, even if you are upset.
She was not mad at him, or saying mean things to him, she was simply frustrated that she felt this was an important issue and he was not helping her. she didn't want him to blindly follow her. she wanted him to listen to Nuts and Neha and use his judgement about Sid. he didn't do that, and she was frustrated. When he solved the issue, she was back to being happy again. 
Here, it really doesn't matter who was at fault. She knew Ayesha was to blame also, and she tried talking to Ayesha. but if one is a known criminal and the other is your little sister, then you are not going to sit and wait for something to happen. you will do all you can to prevent it, even if you know your sister is not perfect.

Ram too was blameless in this matter. and just human. a brother in law getting a contract for you  is nothing out of this world. 

4. Nuts

Ram is seeing what is shown to him .and if you see a beaten up sister claiming Kartik beat her you will be mad. 
When Priya saw the police,she was right in assuming that Ram sent them. He was furious, just left after trying to strangle her brother. and she was upset. just like Nuts was beaten up, her dad too was sick and sent to Jail. Just as serious. She was also mad just like Ram was. he accused Kartik  without giving him a chance to speak. She accused Ram. the only difference is she didn't try to strangle him, or say "I will show you who I am".
When he refused to bail Kartik out, she told him that she would. whether he helped her or not. Again, frustration and anger speaking. 

She was all along begging him to talk to Kartik. she didn't say "Withdraw the charges or I will leave you" she just wanted everyone to talk.

Now, she knows all the truth, but Ram doesn't. So he is mad. The only problem I have with him at this point is his choice of words and his lack of smart thinking. I agree with his anger, but I don't agree with him simply threatening K. K is already in jail .so spend your resources in some investigation. and don't push away the only person who really cares about you. Of course, at this point he is justified in feeling angry at her for supporting Kartik. 

So in conclusion, I think, they are both human, they are both acting as would be expected under the circumstances.

Priya is a strong woman, who is used to analysing situations and finding a solution. She will stand up for her family (Ram included) and put them ahead of her own needs and wants. That is why he loves her so much.

Ram is a man with a heart of gold. He is short tempered and when he loses his cool, he has no idea what he is saying. but she loves him inspite of all that. He will stand up for his family (Priya included) and put them in ahead of his own needs and wants.  she values his character.

When Ram  surprises her during BC, he is not doing something 'saintly'. He is trying to make his wife happy. And he is happy when she is happy.
When Priya understands his anger during HM and does not walk away, she is not doing something 'saintly'. she is trying to make her husband get over his past skeletons and live a 'free' life. 

When I talk about how Ram shouldn't have said this, I am not Bashing him. I am venting my frustration at dialogues /actions that I did  not like.

I can go on, but this is already way too long...
Edited by mem1 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TVserialfreak thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Awesome post  Gita didi...you are hundred per cent correct in voicing your opinion...BTW...you share my mom's name...a really good co-incidence it is... really happy to comment on your post...Priya's silent treatment shows her level of maturity she has attained in her life through her experiences and Ram's behaviour reflects the life he had lived all these years - i.e., blind faith on his step family...both of them are not wrong...its the circumstances that played truant in their lives... hope the animosity between the two would soon come to an end...thanks for such a nice analysis...👏👏 Edited by TVserialfreak - 11 years ago
mem1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: TVserialfreak

Awesome analysis Gita didi...hats off 😃

Thanks Kishore. I have to say, thanks for bothering to read it. This is such a long post . 😆

Now tell me what you think? Do you agree, disagree or partially agree?
Edited by mem1 - 11 years ago
Priya_Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I had a heart attack on the title.. I was like not Gita di too...!
But yeah.. I know you well!!!!

let me read in peace...😛
TVserialfreak thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mem1

Thanks Kishore. I have to say, thanks for bothering to read it. This is such a long post . 😆

Now tell me what you think? Do you agree, disagree or partially agree?

Didi I have edited my post...just go through it...😊

pisces12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I am sorry. I just wanted to use a sensational title to attract attention! Let me start by saying It is not Priya Vrs Ram. It is Ram-Priya vrs the world (as in the sharmas and the rest of the Kapoors) 

NOw I am going to put forth my POV on some of the major events in BALH that caused major warfare on IF. 

Priya was very trusting and never questioned Ram even after Apeksha talked ot her. She only asked him after she saw him hugging A. Now which woman wouldn't? Then when he refused to tell her, she quit asking. She didn't accuse him, blame him or get mad at him for not answering. 

Ram was afraid he would lose Priya if he told her the story of his past, It is a little hard to  digest, but anyway, it was a big deal for him. I can understand that. He wanted to keep her at bay so she wouldn't be tempted to ask more questions. Fine. He was a little more rude than required. He said stuff like "Hak jamaana chahti ho" and "closet pe Kabza" , and I felt offended with that behaviour. But Priya considered his character , his previous actions (Karva Chauth, Ashwin etc. ) and gave him the benefit of doubt. She was not upset at him for being mean to her, she was upset that he was hurting. When the divorce papers happened, and he didn't apologise, she didn't care. That is what true love is. not about who won and who lost, but about forgiving each other and understanding why they did it, rahter than blaming them for doing it. 

2. Confession
That was just a series of MUs created on purpose to give us a dhamaakedaar confession. no one wanted a candlelit dinnertable sweet talking confession. There are diabetics among us too...
This was the only way to give us the whole " i love your paseena, your smiles, your frown" confession.
She was justified in screaming and calling him a big man with ego, because he left her and went off to the party, and when she got there, he ognored her. 
He was justiified ,because he was plannign a surprise and she started flirting with others.
He was justified in getting angry because she made him feel insecure about his wt. so he said the 'suite' thing. NOt nice at all, but just shows his frustration. 
She was justified in screaming, because her husband just called her a prostitute. Who wouldn't be angry. but in her anger, she didnt call him names. she was just telling him how much she loved him, and said he had a big ego, so wouldn't admit that he loved her. 

He was not mad at her for walkign away. he understood her situation, and tried to rectify it. 
She was not mad at him for not responding. she just thought he didn't love her as much, and didn't want to force him into saying something he didnt mean.

3. Ayesha-Sid fiasco 

Priya was concerned about Sid's behaviour, because she knew his character. She didn't call the police, go tot he newspapers or anything. she simply confronted him and told him to stay away form A. He ignored her. Then when his own sister came and told her she needed to do something and then Neha told her the Holi episode, then what choice did she have? Yes, she could ahve gone to ehr parents. but in my opinion, keeping it within the family was a more sensible thing to do. instead of talking to her dad about her brother-in-law, she talked to her husband about his brother. 

Ram listedned to her and wanted to question Sid. which again was the right thing to do. it wasn't just her, it was also his sis and Neha. He got upset because Nih put upa show about how scared Sid was. He didn't scream, he told Priya to talk to Ayesha. Again, what was wrong with that? Priya's silent treatment , which seemed like a big crime to most, seemed very natural to me. People get upset. they want to be silent. that is the advantage you have with family. with colleagues at work, you have to talk, even if you are upset.
She was not mad at him, or sayign mean things to him, she was simply frustrated that she felt this was an important issue and he was not helping her. she didn't want him to blindly follow her. she wanted him to listen to Nuts and Neha and use his judgement abotu Sid. he didn't do that, and she was frustrated. When he solved the issue, she was back to being happy again. 
Here, it really doesn't matter who was at fault. She also knew Ayesha was to blame also, and she tried talking to Ayesha. but if one is a known criminal and the other is your little siste, then you ar enot going to sit and wait for something to happen. you will do all you can to prevent it, even if you knwo your sister is not perfect.

Ram too was blameless in this matter. and just human. a brother in law getting a contract for you  is nothing out of this world. 

4. Nuts

Ram is seeing what is shown to him .and if you see a beaten up sister claiming Kartik beat her you will be mad. 
When Priya saw the police,she was right in assuming that Ram sent them. He was furious, just left after trying to strangle her brother. and she was upset. just like Nuts was beaten up, her dad too was sick and sent to Jail Just as serious. She was also mad just like Ram was. he accused Kartik  without giving him a chance to speak. She accused Ram. the only difference is she didn't try to strangle him, or say "I will show you who I am".
When he refused to bail Kartik out, she told him that she would. whether he helped her or not. Again, frustration and anger speaking. 

She was all along begging him to talk to Kartik. she didn't say "Withdraw the charges or I will leave you" she just wanted everyone to talk.

Now, she knows all the truth, but Ram doesn't. So he is mad. The only problem I have with him at this point is his choice of words and his lack of smart thinking. I agree with his anger, but I don't agree with him simply threatening K. K is already in jail .so spend your resource in some investigation. and don;t push away the only person who really cares about you. Of course, at this point he is justified in feeling angry at her for supporting Kartik. 

So in conclusion, I think, they are both human, they are both acting as would be expected under the circumstances.

Priya is a strong woman, who is used to ananlysing situations and finding a solution. That is why he loves her so much.

Ram is a man with a heart of gold. He is short tempered and when he loses his cool, he has no idea what he is saying. but she loves him inspite of all that. she values his character.

When Ram  surprises her during BC, he is not doing something 'saintly'. He is trying to make his wife happy. And he is happy when she is happy.
When Priya understands his anger during HM and does not walk away, she is not doing something 'saintly'. she is trying to make her husband get over his past skeletons and live a 'free' life. 

When I talk about how Ram shouldn't have said this, I am not Bashing him. I am venting my frustration at dialogues /actions that I did  not like.

So very true. Loved it. I see the beauty in their relationship. I too don't want to do the finger pointing as to  who went wrong when or who is fairer than the other. They are perfect for each other. They are learning while trudging their way through difficulties. Yes some dialogues were not right and how do the CVs know if we don't point it out. But they perfectly complement each other. They have shown it in the past how they have understood each other and want to see them doing the same. 
mem1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Priya_Fan

I had a heart attack on the title.. I was like not Gita di too...!
But yeah.. I know you well!!!!

let me read in peace...😛

Hahaha...made you look, didn't I? 
Had to come up with a title to catch everyone's attention. itna lamba gita-paath jo likha hai, 🤣
pink27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Very Very well put'Kudos!!!-just love your post.👏👏

Totally agree with you..The CVs have overall done a good job etching the characters and the actors are doing an awesome job portraying them..(there are some creative liberties taken by them here and there for the heck of the drama though)

The characters are indeed close to reality and human-I personally do-not judge them by every word they say and every minute thing they do or not do. what matters to me is their overall personas and intent.

I cannot even judge  analyze and scrutinize  real people at a very micro level , because if I do that in real life I would actually end up disliking everyone'cuz peple do and say many things in the heat of the moment 'even I do. Nobody is perfect..

I, personally could not fathom these Ram V/s Priya posts/debates  across the forums on the net.So I totally love your post cuz BALH is in fact Ram and Priya and not Ram v/s Priya.

Edited by pink27 - 11 years ago
Neenzoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Super post Gita...actually you have voiced most of our concerns...here all of us love both Ram and Priya and at times it concerns us that the characters are not etched well since there is lack of closure by the CVs...many a time we are left hanging and it is up to us to assume how it closed...that is what causes frustration among us viewers...
Priya_Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

I am sorry. I just wanted to use a sensational title to attract attention!
What an Idea, Gita Ji!😆

But Priya considered his character , his previous actions (Karva Chauth, Ashwin etc. ) and gave him the benefit of doubt.
Yeah...! That is what I love about her...!she is always sane!
She was not upset at him for being mean to her, she was upset that he was hurting. When the divorce papers happened, and he didn't apologise, she didn't care.
She said it all on 10th Jan.. Didn't she?😳

That is what true love is. not about who won and who lost, but about forgiving each other and understanding why they did it, rahter than blaming them for doing it.
kya bat kahi...!👏 and I think, this is what keeps us hooked to BALH! Its all about love!

2. Confession

He was not mad at her for walking away. he understood her situation, and tried to rectify it. 

EXACTALLLYYY...!!!!!!

3. Ayesha-Sid fiasco 

Again, what was wrong with that? Priya's silent treatment , which seemed like a big crime to most, seemed very natural to me. People get upset. they want to be silent. that is the advantage you have with family. with colleagues at work, you have to talk, even if you are upset. She was not mad at him, or saying mean things to him, she was simply frustrated that she felt this was an important issue and he was not helping her. she didn't want him to blindly follow her. she wanted him to listen to Nuts and Neha and use his judgement about Sid. he didn't do that, and she was frustrated. When he solved the issue, she was back to being happy again.

I had said it earlier..  Its better to keep your mouth shut when you are hurt.. that to say something  which u never meant... And Ppl accused her of being selfish, as she became happy after she solved the issue.. what was she supposed to do? continue sulking??

4. Nuts

Now, she knows all the truth, but Ram doesn't. So he is mad. The only problem I have with him at this point is his choice of words and his lack of smart thinking. I agree with his anger, but I don't agree with him simply threatening K. K is already in jail .so spend your resources in some investigation. and don't push away the only person who really cares about you. Of course, at this point he is justified in feeling angry at her for supporting Kartik. 

yes.. His anger is totally justified.. but he needs to understand who really cares for him!

BINGO!!😆

Priya is a strong woman, who is used to analysing situations and finding a solution. She will stand up for her family (Ram included) and put them ahead of her own needs and wants. That is why he loves her so much.

And that is why I love Priya so much!

Ram is a man with a heart of gold.
No Doubt...!👏

Glad u made it clear... coz unfortunately... Bashing one has become ground rule for praising the other!

Loved this Gita Di.. After all RaYa are pair... we love them as a couple... no one of them alwaysis  right and no one is always at fault... What matters is they love each other truely...  and make my  belief in love stronger than ever..!
Edited by Priya_Fan - 11 years ago