Gumrah

Gumrah! episode on Bullying

anchalluvskaran thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Today's episode of Gumrah was about bullying and we all have a view about bullying that they are bad people but we don't think about what made them bully. Today's episode showed the story about the bully and what was leading the person to be a bully.

Mandeep, a 16 years old school boy who had a violent father. His father would get violent with him on everything. such as when Mandeep refused his mother to get bread, he was beaten by his dad and the other time mandeep was beaten up by his father by a BAT because he said he left the bat on the bed. SERIOUSLY!!! I don't think there is anything for him to beat his son. So Mandeep was a bully at school and I think it is clear why. He decided that the best way to get his anger out was to get it out on the other students.

Roshani was bullied by Mandeep because of her size. She was a carefree girl and loved eating but because she was bullied by Mandeep she stopped eating and started to worry about her appearance. She couldn't do anything against Mandeep until Prateek came along.

Prateek was also bullied by Mandeep. Prateek's father had a gun and he was taught about guns by his father even when he was not interested. His dad said he was lazy and not macho if he didn't show any interest in the guns. He was ONLY 15. Prateek told his father about mandeep and how he bullied others and his father's advice was to take any action. He suggested violence. At that time he didn't listen to his dad but soon as he started to lose his patience, he decided to take an action by getting all the others involved.

Arun was a nice guy, he was a friend of Mandeep but mandeep bullied him too. Arun didn't want to bully others but Mandeep would make him do it. He ignored what mandeep did until the time when he couldn't tolerate Mandeep's actions. Mandeep wrecked his date with his girlfriend and called her ugly. He said he is not a MAN in front of his girlfriend. He also hit Arun with a bat because Arun won a cricket match against him. After these incidents he decided to take revenge.

Ranjit was a scared to go in front of mandeep after he was threatened with a knife by mandeep. He wet his pant and was very embarrassed. He started to wet his bed which meant EXTREME Mental trauma. Mandeep put diaper on him infront of everyone, how embarrassing would that be! Rajit was approached by Prateek as they both wanted to take revenge.

Mandeep was hit by his father after he got complaint from his school for fighting with prateek and beat his up and after that Mandeep beat Prateek up for complaining. Mandeep did cross his limits and all four victims wanted to take revenge at that point. So they decided to make a plan to scare mandeep in such a way that he would be scared to come in front of them and Prateek came up with the idea of using his father's gun. Their plan was only to show the gun and scare Mandeep. They wanted to teach him a lesson. But a gun? not a good idea! Did they even know what holding a gun meant! In India it is illegal to use a fatal weapon to threaten someone! IT IS A CRIME

So to put their plan into action they called Mandeep alone and Prateek took out the gun to scare him. They all went out of control and all they could think of was how Mandeep tortured them all. In the end Prateek actually SHOT him. It was never suppose to happen. It was never the plan but it happened. It was their ANGER and they had taken their REVENGE. They all had had enough for him torturing them. Mandeep payed a big price for his actions. Mandeep pushed his limits and never thought this will happen. Madeep was killed for his mistakes,

Arun, Rohani, Rajit and Prateek were miners so they were sent to juvinile home and this murder was said to be self defence. But Prateek, he was a murderer now. 

Mandeep had had enough of his father beating him. He cried too, he was hurt too. Soon he started to forget the difference between victims and friends. Mandeep cannot be completely blamed for what he did. He was beaten up by his father. His dad always took his anger out on him and he always saw violence. And as karan said, Mandeep learnt from his father "Offence is the best defence"  Did mandeep's father ever thought  how his actions were affecting his son. His father was a failure who never got a promotion and took all the anger out on his son. If he wasn't so brutal towards Mandeep, he could have been a completely different guy.

Karan's tips
*if your friends are bullying others then don't take their side.
*Become friends with people who are bullyied. 
*Go to smone if you have seen someone being bullied.
*Bulling will not be tollerated and legal action can be taken

Today's episode taught us a really important lesson. Thanx to the Gumrah team for this episode. 

Sorry guys if there are any mistakes coz  i wrote it in a hurry
Edited by anchal.uppal95 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shibz thumbnail
very well written dear...u haven't left out any points...u should've signed up for the written update no? now u have done the job of the updaterπŸ˜›

I felt bad for Roshani when she removed an apple from her bag instead of her regular tiffin..

To Mandeep's father - it is sad truth but some parents don't really think of what effects their actions can bring to their children
Edited by shibz - 11 years ago
karankritz4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
1st of all thnx 4 d pm:) n also u wrote it really wel as tho I can c it in my eyes already:) gr8 review
This content was originally posted by: shibz

very well written dear...u haven't left out any points...u should've signed up for the written update no? now u have done the job of the updaterπŸ˜›

I felt bad for Roshani when she removed an apple from her bag instead of her regular tiffin..

To Mandeep's father - it is sad truth but some parents don't really think of what effects their actions can bring to their children

Thanx a lot Shibz πŸ˜Š 
This made my day..Karan helps me in my english writting too πŸ˜†
lol yeh! got the new job..i was actually typing up notes as i was watching the show πŸ˜†

yeh! that was really upsetting felt sorry for her πŸ˜”
True! The father created that mandeep! he could have been a completely different person..this reminds me of the other case where the son killed his mother. Parents need to understand that the kids r learning from them. 
perfectsoul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Good job dear.

A very sad episode. 

And karan also mentioned that he was in the shelter of the biggest bully in his school. Sometimes even if you want, you can't go against ur friend. By the way, he looked 😎 flashing the "American Eagle"
Thank u :)

Yeh! i remember that...he ignored what his friend was doing because he felt protected with him. 

he sure did
I just went  πŸ˜
shibz thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: anchal.uppal95

Thanx a lot Shibz πŸ˜Š 
This made my day..Karan helps me in my english writting too πŸ˜†
lol yeh! got the new job..i was actually typing up notes as i was watching the show πŸ˜†

yeh! that was really upsetting felt sorry for her πŸ˜”
True! The father created that mandeep! he could have been a completely different person..this reminds me of the other case where the son killed his mother. Parents need to understand that the kids r learning from them. 

Anchal...sign up here...so u have your dates for the WU :)
Written Updates Schedule

This content was originally posted by: shibz

Anchal...sign up here...so u have your dates for the WU :)
Written Updates Schedule

Thanx for the link Shibz πŸ˜Š

ASMI98 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
nicely written...thanku so much for the update
Thank u πŸ˜Š
I'm glad u liked it