•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Smile. A curve that sets everything straight.

Right.

Well, it is true in general cases but when it comes to you, sorry to say but you should beware of that certain curve. It can prove fatal to you. Specially, since you are too used to seeing fear in a certain pair of eyes. A little curve on that face could do things to you which you can't fathom.

Like right now, you are standing on your own, listening to your chubby friend blabbering away about things that neither interest you nor concern you when like a everyday thing, your eyes travel to the flower shop across the road.

Now, you really don't care about that colourful stall that is run by a nice old lady with a sweet smile. You and flowers don't go hand in hand. You are a tough man, born to fight. What good would some flowers do to you? Why would you even pay attention to them? But right now, you are.

Just when you are ready to look away from there, something pulls you back again. It's her stopping by that stall, looking at the flowers. For a moment, you forget everything like you always do when she is in sight. You are hearing the words but you can't comprehend them. You are seeing the sights but you can't define them. For that moment, it's just you who can see her, and she who doesn't know that you are on the same road.

Like a magnifying glass, you are taking in every detail of her movement. How she took a small step closer to the flowers, how she bowed down a little to take in the smell of those flowers, how she gently touched the soft petals of a rose. She looked up and said something to the old lady. Of course, you can't hear it but you are still curious. That's when someone passes in front of you, blocking your view. And you grow irritated, impatient and want to rip that man off, limb to limb, for acting like a hurdle. Annoyed, you tilt your head a little to see again. Ah, can't help it, can you?

Oh well, that man has passed away. Happy now? I should think so. After all, now your view is clear as crystal. So why that sudden shadow on your face? Why does it feel like your heart is on fire?

Oooh! It's her, right? She has some flowers in her hand which she is smelling. Though her face is half hidden by those flowers, you can still feel it right? You can sense it that she is smiling. See, now the flowers are gone. Her face is open to the world. Look, there's that smile. A small, genuine, peaceful smile. Won't be wrong to say that it's a smile that can light up the world. Cuz the glow on your face definitely indicates that.

Here's a suggestion: breathe. Inhale in, exhale out. This little moment of breathlessness doesn't suit you. The condition of your heart is..well, it's like being struck with lightening. Would still say that you should get your senses back. See, she has turned around to leave. C'mon now, get out of that trance. Before your friend notices this and starts teasing you again, wipe off that mesmerized look off your face. It is giving away many secrets.

It's funny how your heart knows what its condition is but you don't. But you will...soon. All that's needed, are a few more encounters like these till you wake up. Until then, these small memories will keep that feeling alive in your heart.

(my first attempt at a 2nd person POV. Hope you all liked it! Likes and comments are appreciated!)
Edited by -Mais- - 11 years ago
OMG that was sooo beautiful. πŸ‘

What can I say...It left me with a smile on my face...πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by ummesulaiman - 11 years ago
very sweet, thanks for sharing Mais!
Beautiful post...very well written πŸ‘πŸ‘
OMG OMG Mais :O ! that Was Beautiful !! I freaking Had a smile on my Face reading it <3 ! hehehe Raghav Raghav u in Love boy ;] <3
Lovely OS dear😊
It's beautifull