Hum ne li hai... Shapath

Are They Different????

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Can you believe this? I know we're not supposed to have comparison posts, but I just can't help it. Please no one mind, but it's important that we discuss this once and for all. So let the movie begin.

Scene 1: A man enters the Set India office with a concept for a show in 1997. That show is CID.
Cut to scene 2: It's the year 2000 and CID is still going strong. A new record for Set India.
Cut to scene 3: It's the year 2004 and CID has just entered the Guinness World Book for shooting an episode in 111 minutes non-stop.
Cut to scene 4: It's the year 2006 and CID has doubled in time from 22 minutes to an average of 46 minute-episodes.
Cut to: 2010 the episodes come twice a week now.
Cut to: In 2012 CID celebrates 15 years on Indian Television. A world record.
Cut to: In 2012 FW starts a new show Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath. Or is it CID Part 2???

That's the question that seems to haunt all of us. Is Shapath really a new show? Is Life Ok really a new channel? Why does it seem that Life OK is hell bent on becoming another Sony? Why does it seem that every Shapath episode has been watched before? Why???

I started Shapath because I felt I would get something new. Something different. Something hatke. But now I'm starting to feel that there is nothing different about this show except for one thing...the cast.

But then are they really? Sure the actors are different. Sure the characters' names are different. But what is the Shapath duo really but another CID duo? They have the arguments, they have the eye conversations, they have the understanding without talking, and they have that friendship.

So what sets CID and Shapath apart from each other now? What is the difference between the two? What I ask? If we have Body in Mid-Air, The Man-Eater, and The Case of the Vanishing Magician renamed to Khushi's Murder, The Child Eater, and Bandar and the Magicians, does that mean that Shapath is different? Whose to blame for this where we now have to wait for a weekend to see Shapath only to find that the cases are similar to CID, they are solved in one episode, and we're left with nothing but a bad taste of deception in our mouth?

I know that everyone has their opinions. And everyone is welcome to their opinions. You want to counter me, please do. I look forward to seeing everyone's remarks. But right now all I can say is, I feel cheated. I don't know by who, but I feel deceived. There is nothing Shapath-like about this show anymore. Where is that original difference? Where is that original Shapath? Where did it disappear? And why did it disappear? Why...why...why...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Soniya..Shapath thumbnail
shapth is not called c i d 2 because it repeats c i d cases firstly I like it due to showing abhi and shikha then it turns the story to gaushi but now they completely shows the same case of c i d it has to change so but life ok is sony I cannot say because Iused to watch sony only for c i d 
Minionite thumbnail
Soniya sorry if I don't understand, but are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me?
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
One day Sony will surly object
Misbah12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yeah Sri you are absolutely right n I agree wid u ...when shapath started we all were "Yeah now this is something new" but as time passed by Shapath is now becoming like CID n yeah Its just like FW want shapath to be CID part 2๐Ÿ˜’ ..Why dont they understand that if it is a new show it should have some freshness in it but there is no freshness in the cases at all๐Ÿ˜’
I COMPLETELY AGREE WID U
Minionite thumbnail
@ Nanda: I hope that happens soon. At least we'll get our Shapath back.

@ Misbah: Okay.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: khota_sikka_sri

@ Nanda: I hope that happens soon. At least we'll get our Shapath back.

@ Misbah: Okay.

I dont understand cant they think something original?

They have totally aped CID now in format. story and every thing else

But Sony is sleeping I guess
Minionite thumbnail
I feel bad for the actors. They are doing their best in the show, but they are in a losing show.
Magical_KaSh thumbnail

This is something that everyone was expectin from the day shikha's track was ended 

shapath started off with a good  infact a great Point

Gautam choosed duty over his corrupt father 

Abhi choosed police service over his family business

shikha left her dad and everythin as he turn out to b corrupted

The trio set an example which did impressed people made them believe that this show focusses on doing something for the nation fighting against corruption.

But CV's in desperate efforts of raising the TRP's couldn save the show from diverting from its main aspect.

Shapath really has lost its essence and has diverted from its prime aspect.

The show is js crime series now and nothing else and shouldn even expect it to come on the Previous  track again.

Dont wanna say bout the pairing of Gautam-shikha or abhi-Shikha as dey were the factors provided js for relief from the hectic cases 

and even that was quiet resonable when you start off with such heavy thing there needs a relief thing 

and lovetrack was doing that only

bt CV's couldn even manage to handle that track and ended up makin their own show hell

quiet frankly iam not interested in watchin the show anymore like i was before 

bt iam js watchin to get to c any lovetrack again as Gautam-Shikha lovetrack did touched me 

bt like i said no1 should expect as if TRP's keep falling then who knows the show wil get axed next week only๐Ÿ˜†

all in all Shapath hai Sirf TRP ki 

Minionite thumbnail
Bipin well said. I've started losing interest in the show as well. I don't know why I still watch it. Maybe because of the actors or the characters.