Beautiful and superb rendering of emotions

funanyeah thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I wouldn't undermine the efforts of the makers by calling it "just a nice replacement to Sasuraal Genda Phool." I wasn't a regular viewer of SGP yet as and when I got a chance to see it, I always noticed fun, love and laughter flowing around. It was such a refreshing change from the daily dose of drama that the viewers are subjected to, just to fiddle around with TRPs. Although the premise of the show was antiquated (an ultra-modern bahu adjusting in an average middle-class household and an initially loveless marriage), its characters managed to tug at hearts, bring a smile to our lips, make us laugh, cry, love, miss and every other thing that we normally do in our own lives with our friends and families. Even miss-over-the-top Suhana Kashyap had become an unconventional mascot in her brat to bahu journey. I am really glad that instead of just trying to stretch it out and making it lose its charm, the makers respectfully wound it up and truly proved that SGP entered our lives to provide us quality in its simplest and purest form (without the masalas of conspiracies, treacheries and negativities abounding) and made an exit leaving that impression intact.
About Ek Doosre Se Karte Hain Pyar Hum.
I didn't get to watch the initial three episodes. Yet, as and when I started viewing it, it took me away with the subtle depth to all its characters and again, the simplicity of the narration without (as of now) any villain or vamp dancing around. Sanyukta, the proverbial coconut, tough on the outside but soft and emotional on the inside. Keeping the antique pieces of her family together with the support of her relatively soft-spoken, calm and patient husband Nikhilesh. (Praful Parikh is back in a new avatar! I really love your acting Mr. Rajeev, you never fail to mesmerise me). Shashwat – typical Narad Muni. We need buffers in all our shows. Some use redundant characters, which really have no use except delivering dialogues. And others are which add fun to the show in their own way, by twisting the situation – sometimes for the worse and sometimes for the better. Our Mr. Encyclopedia falls in the second category, I suppose. Forum is partly inspired from her mother. She inherited her strictness and straight-forwardness but perhaps not the sensibility to think, measure and then speak out her mind. Didn't see much of Binoy and Dadi so can't comment.
The best for the last.
Sushila and Aniket. Both are extremes in their ways, their attitudes and perspectives. And both are so adorable. The bhabhi-devar bonding is so beautifully presented, it's friendship, it's respect, it's love, it's care. Sushila is bumbling, loud, awkward and at complete odds with her MIL in all ways possible. Aniket is her mirror-image in a completely different way. He's bumbling – but his mistakes lead him and people around him into serious trouble. He is socially awkward but this trait renders him helpless at tackling people and situations unlike Susheela. He finds himself unable to express himself, have the confidence of doing anything for the fear of committing mistakes and getting scolded. He's found a friend and confidant in Susheela, who though a complete kid at heart, flawlessly understands him and everything about him. The day Aniket ran away from his house, the heart-wrenching letter he wrote to his parents, the painful but meaningful conversation between him and Susheela – all brought tears to my eyes. Susheela might not know how to behave in a high-headed society, yet her pure care and concern for her husband's family are somethings that Sanyukta would never find in a DIL who would rather conform to society rules than ties of love.
I could relate to Aniket's pain. He's like everyone of us. Afraid to move ahead in life not because of being slow in disposition, understanding and responding but because of being afraid of the consequences of his mistakes. Thank God, Sanyukta understands why he confides all his fears to Susheela. Because she gives him confidence to do things. To go ahead. Even if it involves hiding his errors.

And even the intersprinkled humor adds to the adorability of the show. As of now, I really like it.
Hats Off to Hats Off for quality efforts!!