Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MissMystery thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Chapter 12: The Bitter Truth

Maanvi reaches her house. She then opens the door and enters the dark house. He goes to her room and sees the picture on the wall. It was the picture of Viraat, Amar, Vanshika, Shlok and  Maanvi  taken during the Mussorie trip.  Maanvi  Starts crying on seeing it.

Ma Papa its all my fault. If I hadn't walk into Viraat's room all these won't have happened.

Just then she hears a voice at the doorstep.

Maanvi  Bitiya are you there.

Papa is that you

Yes Bitiya

Maanvi  walks to the door and sees Amar there. She invites him in and offers to get him a drink. But Amar refuses it.

Maanvi  I need to talk with you. Did you and Viraat fight?

Yes

Maanvi  it is over the wedding issue?

Yes Papa

Have you called him yet?

No Papa

Maanvi  I am going to tell you something that only Sunaina knows. Stay calm because you are going to be Viraat's strength.

What is it Papa

Maanvi  I asked for the wedding to be held earlier because I have Cancer and it is the last stage already

Papa what...

Yes Bitiya. My end might be anytime and I am not upset about it. I don't know how to break the news to Viraat and Shlok. Please help me in this.

Papa nothing will happen to you. Don't worry

Maanvi  it's late. Lock the door and go to bed. Come home for breakfast tomorrow. Goodnight

Good night Papa

As soon as  Maanvi  locked the door she broke down crying. 

So this was the reason for everything. He had grown to love Amar just like her own dad and thinking of losing him was just terrible. She couldn't imagine Viraat and Shlok but she knew she had to break the news fast. The next morning, she reached Shantivan early.

Good morning Di and Diya

Good morning  Maanvi 

Di is Viraat up yet

No he is still sleeping. He slept quite late last night

Okay Di

Maanvi  rushes up to Viraat's room and sees Viraat sleeping peacefully

Viraat wake up

Maanvi 

Sorry for fighting with you. I was really upset and I promise I would never do that again

Hey that was what I was going to say

Anyways wake up now. We will need to go out urgently

What is it about

Get ready and I will tell you

Maanvi  then goes down to help Vanshika for breakfast

Ma sorry about yesterday. I didnt know about the pain you both were going through and Viraat and I have indeed hurt you

No Beti. I shouldn't have raised my hands. Sorry

Ma leave it. Please bless me cause today I am going to tell Viraat everything

May Devi Maiyaa lead the way for you

Mum, is breakfast ready

Yes Viraat coming

Maanvi  and the rest join Viraat and after breakfast Maanvi  brings Viraat to the park. They sit down at an empty bench and  Maanvi  starts.

Viraat, i want you to stay strong and I want you to know that I am there with you.

She then gives Viraat a hug

Hey what's the life threatening issue here

It is life threatening

What do you mean  Maanvi 

Papa

What about papa. Is it our marriage issue? Well our decision is the same. Unless we find out the reason we are not having it right. Wasn't that our mutual decision

Oh Viraat how would I make you understand.

She takes a deep breath

Viraat, Papa has cancer stage 3 and he won't be with us for long.

Maanvi  stop joking. What's the main issue

Viraat it isn't April's fool. In fact it's May 1st today.

Silence fills the air.  Maanvi  places her hand on Viraat's shoulder

Papa is dying

Yes

And he didn't tell me

He did not know how to tell and how you would respond

Without Papa I can't imagine a life.

A tear rolls down Viraat's cheek.  Maanvi  wipes his tear and says I am there for you. Stay strong. He then pulls  Maanvi  into a hug and cries on her shoulder. Maanvi  strokes his hair.

After what seemed an eternity, they leave for home. Maanvi  drives.

Viraat stay strong because after Papa you will lead the family. Shlok needs strength for his education. Ma needs support. In fact even I need you. Papa wants you to Be happy. No matter how sad you are don't show it to him.

The car stops. They get down. Viraat is reluctant to go into the house.  Maanvi  holds his hand and leads him in. She brings him to his parents room where Amar and Vanshika were sitting down. She then asks Shlok to join them. By then Amar had told Vanshika to inform everyone about his condition and Shlok was well aware of it.  Maanvi  closes the door and sits beside Viraat holding his hand.
Edited by JasmineShabir - 11 years ago
MissMystery thumbnail
Chapter 13: Starting Again

Viraat Shlok by now you would have known everything. I want  Viraat'swedding to happen soon. Shlok don't lose your focus from studies please. You know Vanshika I am least worried about Shlok because he has you Viraat and Maanvi. Even without you he has a brother who takes care of him like his own child. And Maanvi is no less. I am more worried about you Viraat.

Viraat looks up at Amar with tears on his eyes. Maanvi squeezes his hand reassuring him.

You have grown up this far and you spent more time with me than Shlok. I know even behind this silence of yours there is so much of pain. Viraat whatever happens I want you to be strong. After me the family is yours to lead. Take care of Vanshika Shlok and Maanvi and make sure they don't miss my presence. I will watch over you an my blessings will always be there. Most of all stay happy that will make me happy.

Amar places his hand on  Viraat's head and says Viraat Papa always loves you and he then touches Shlok's head and says I love you too Shlok.

Viraat gets up and hugs Amar. Shlok joins in and Viraatlets go of all his tears. Maanvi sobs silently when Amar gestures to her. Without hesitation she hugs him too. Amar then says So can we get you married next weekend?

Both of them nod. Just then Nani comes in and says Let's make the rest of the time memorable and everyone disperse to make arrangements for Jeevika's Godhbarai and the wedding.

Two days later, Jeevika is made to sit down while the Mehandiwali applies Mehendi for her.

Diya Look at Mummy. Isn't she cute. Okay now take this mouth. Good girl. You are staying with Mami until everything is done okay

Maanvi you have bonded well with Diya.

Yes Di. Di is that your phone ringing

Yes Maanvi could you pick it up

Sure. Di it says Viren. It's from Bhai right.

Could you speak instead. Tell him I can't attend the call.

Okay Di. Diya wait its a call from Papa.

Hello Bhai. Maanvi here. Jeevika Di is busy with her Mehendi. Any urgent message to tell her. Thats great. See you.

Di Bhai is at Delhi airport. He will come in another hour. Diya Papa is coming now.

As she was speaking she notices Viraat at the corner. She goes near him and places her hand on his shoulder. He looks at her when she gives him a kiss on the cheek. Viraat is shocked when Diya claps. Maanvi blushes.

Soon Viren arrives and he takes care of Diya. Maanvi spent more time with Viraat and cheers him up. Amar who notices this is very happy and so is Vanshika.

The next day was Jeevika's Godh Barai.

Jeevika was up early as Maanvi was doing her makeup for her. Everyone was forbidden from seeing Jeevika till the actual event. Soon Maanvi had readied Jeevika and had herself gotten ready.

Viraat Beta can you tell Jeevika and Maanvi that it is time for the Rasam.

Ji Mami. Di Are you ready yet? Maanvi hurry up. It's time for the rasams. Chachi is...

The door opens and Maanvi is smiling. Viraat is amazed as she is wearing the lengha he had chosen as she was indeed looking heavenly.

He smiles and steps closer when she moves aside to reveal Jeevika. She was looking like a princess in her red and green saree. Viraat compliments her and Maanvi. He then helps Jeevika to make her way down.

As they walk down, many people complimented Jeevika and her looks.

Maanvi, Vanshika, Kadambari, Maya and another relative bring five colourfully decorated metal thalis (round plates). Of these five thalis, three thalis contained assorted Indian sweets specially made by Maanvi. The fourth thali contained a range of garments and jewellery. The fifth thali was filled with a coconut marked with a red swastika, moong, a red cloth piece and a few coins of one rupee and quarter rupee denominations.

The ceremony begined with the Jeevika's entrance, dressed in traditional finery, through the front door of the house. The participating ladies sang traditional songs further enhancing the festive atmosphere. For each step Jeevika took as she entered the house, a piece of coloured silk was placed under her feet along with a little supari, a one rupee coin and a quarter rupee coin. These actions were continued till she reached the place where the puja (worship) was to be performed. An idol of Lord Ganesh and Devi Maiyaa were placed at this place of worship. All the items placed under Jeevika's feet during her walk from the front door to the puja area, i.e. the silk cloth, the supari and the coins, were handed over to Maanvi since Jeevika regarded her as her sister, in keeping with the dictates of tradition.

Beside the idols, the puja area had a baajotth, a low four-legged wooden seat, traditionally used for such religious occasions. Jeevika was made to sit on the baajotth and a small red dot was put on her forehead for good luck. After this, Nani, Kadambari and Vanshika fill her godh (the paalav of her saree) with gifts and jewellery. Maanvi then offer her a cup of sweetened saffron milk before tying a yellow thread around the wrist of the right hand. This wristband, known as a nada chhadi, is very significant as it is supposed to protect both Jeevika and the unborn child from evil spirits. The elders blessed Jeevika and her unborn child accompanied by the sound of traditional festive tunes being sung by the women in the background.

Maanvi sings Jeevika a Godhbarai song and dances along with Viraat and Shlok. Jeevika enjoys the event thoroughly. Shlok captures the precious moments through his camera. At the end of the day, Viren and Jeevika thank Viraat and Maanvi for making their day. Jeevika hugs both Viraat and Maanvi.

Soon everyone retire for the night and Maanvi calls her mother.

Ma how are you

I am fine Beta. How are you. How is Viraat and everyone. By the way it was Jeevika Beta's Godh Barai today right. Did it go well?

Ma everyone is fine and it went well

Khushi what is it. I know you are not fine.

Ma it's just that as days go on I am more worried about Amar Papa. His condition is getting worse but he doesn't want to tell us.

Beta I know. Please calm down. Seeing you all anxious would make it even difficult for him. Maanvi you have to stay strong for Viraat.

Yes Ma.

Okay Beta. Stay with Viraat as much as possible. Don't leave him alone.

Ji Ma. Take care

Ok Beta send my regards and see you next week. Prepare yourself for the big day. Bye

Bye Ma

Maanvi felt much better after talking to get mother. She goes into Viraat's room and sees him near the poolside. She sits beside him.

Viraat I know how you feel. Listen cry out if you need. But at the end of it all your burden should be reduced

Maanvi I have done everything. Now I just need the strength to go on.

Remember that i am always there for you.

Viraat smiles at Maanvi. She brings him to his bed and makes him lie on her lap.Just then Shlok walks in.

Bhai Bhabi I can't seem to sleep.

Shlok come here and lie beside Viraat.

Shlok lies down and Maanvi begin to stroke their hair while speaking.

Viraat and Shlok I want you both to be strong. That's what papa wants as well. I know how hard it is but I am always there for you both. We shall all support each other during this tough time. Now close your eyes and relax.

Maanvi then hums a lullaby and soon both of them fall asleep on her lap. She too falls asleep in that position. Amar had been watching all this with Vanshika and both of them wipes their tears.

Vanshika indeed we are lucky to have a bahu who is more like a Beti to us, a Ma to the boys. Now I am at peace.

Vanshika nods in response and they both retire for the night.
Edited by JasmineShabir - 11 years ago
Veronica1504 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Just read the last three parts. They were all nice! Good work! Continue soon!
MissMystery thumbnail
Chapter 14: Exploration of Sweet Memories

The next morning, Viraat woke up to see Maanvi sleeping in the same position as last night. Shlok was also sleeping on her lap. He gives Maanvi a kiss on her forehead when she wakes up. Just then Shlok wakes up and both of them apologise to Maanvi. She simply smiles and tell them to get ready. She then leaves the room

Bhai you have made the right choice. She is more than a Bhabi more like a Ma. He then hugs Viraat who is smiling. Soon it is breakfast time and at the table, Amar announces to everyone that the wedding preparations will begin.

Everyone finish lunch and that all get ready to go to the Saree shop. Maanvi offers to drive Viraat and Shlok and they get into the car with Shlok at the back seat.

Shlok tell me. You are doing law right. How is it.

Bhabi it is tough but Virat Bhai has been my driving force. Do you know he sings to motivate me

Oh that's cute

You have heard him before right

Yes a long time back

No problem. Bhai please sing.

Another time Viraat

Okay Bhai

Shlok what about we listen to songs and we can sing along.

Maanvi switches on the Cd player in the car and everyone including Viraat sing along.

Jai Ho Jai Ho Jai Ho Jai Ho
Aaja Aaja Jind Shamiyane Ke Tale
Aaja Jariwale Nile Aasman Ke Tale
Jai Ho Jai Ho
Jai Ho Jai Ho
Jai Ho Jai Ho

Ratti Ratti Sachi Maine Jaan Gavayi Hai
Nach Nach Koylo Pe Raat Bitayi Hai
Akhiyon Ki Neend Maine Phoonko Se Uda Di
Neele Tare Se Maine Ungli Jalayi Hai
Jai Ho Jai Ho
Jai Ho Jai Ho

Jai Ho Jai Ho
Jai Ho Jai Ho
Chakh Le Ho Chakh Le Ye Raat Shahad Hai Chakh Le
Rakh Le Haan Dil Hai Dil Aakhri Had Hai Rakh Le
Kala Kala Kajal Tera Koi Kala Jadoo Hai Na
Kala Kala Kajal Tera Koi Kala Jadoo Hai Na
Aaja Jariwale Nile Aasman Ke Tale, Jai Ho, Jai Ho
Jai Ho Jai Ho
Jai Ho Jai Ho

Kab Se Ha Kab Se Tu Lab Pe Ruki Hai Keh De
Keh De Ha Keh De Ab Aankh Jhuki Hai.. Keh De
Aisi Aisi Roshan Aankhe Roshan Dono Bhi Hai Hai Kya
Jai Ho Jai Ho
Jai Ho Jai Ho 

They finally reach the mall. They enter the saree shop and Viraat helps Maanvi pick out the sarees. After that they go to men's wear to pick out Viraat's clothes. Finally they are done with the shopping and they proceed to Pizzahut.

They order Garden Veggie and start eating. Shlok recalls the moments he spent with the family at Pizza hut. Viraat also does the same. Soon after lunch, Shlok suggests that they should watch a movie. They go to the nearest theatre and get three tickets to Housefull 2. Shlok gets the drinks and they enter. Shlok and Viraat sit in either side of Maanvi and they enjoy the movie. When Anarkali Disco Chali play, Maanvi and Viraat recall the day at Maya's Farmhouse.

As they leave the theatre, it begins to rain. Maanvi looks around them winks at the both of them. They are momentarily shocked to see Maanvi run off to the ice cream van and return with ice creams. They then get wet while eating the ice cream. After that, they go home.

As they enter the house

Achoo

Oh oh see Bhabi it's your fault

No Akash it's yours. You were the one who told me about this.

Actually it's Viraat Bhai's fault

Yea I agree too

Achoo

Shlok looks like its your turn

So Maanvi is it still my fault

Achoo

Excellent. Now all three of us are sneezing

Viraat Beta, Shlok Beta and Maanvi Beta why are you all wet. Oh no you are sneezing. Go change into dry clothes and gather in Viraat's room. I shall bring medicines.

Ma it's just

Beta your wedding is in a few days and here you both are sick.

Vanshika. Can you bring me a cup of coffee.

Sure coming. Quick go and change

Everyone change out and meet at Viraat's room where they take medicines. Soon they all fall asleep. When they woke up again, it was dinner time. After having their food, Viraat brings Maanvi to the drawing room.

He unlocks the door and pushes the door open. There staring back at them were so many faces.

Oh my god so many pictures? Where do I start.

From here actually in a way it is sequenced if you notice properly.

I think I can see it now. That's so cute.

Of course. It's me.

Viraat can I ask you something. This was the room that we talked about during the Mussorie trip and you said you were embarrassed to show these. Why are you showing me now. You know how much I hate it when you change yourself to make me happy.

That was not why I showed you Maanvi. Ever since Papa and Mum had mentioned that we should get married I always thought of sharing these memories with you before it. You are now a part of me and I deserve the right to know everything about myself so that includes you.

Maanvi and Viraat spent more time in the drawing room. Soon it was quite late and they both retire for bed.
MissMystery thumbnail
Chapter 15: Re-living Memories 

The next day, Maanvi wakes up to see Viraat sitting beside her dozing off. She jumps up and exclaims.

Viraat, what are you doing here. And that too at this time.

Good Morning Maanvi. Don't panic. Here take these roses.

Thank you but

Well I got up early to go get fresh roses for Mum, Di , Mami, Nani and you.

What's the occasion.

Well, get ready and come down. I will tell you then.

Maanvi quickly gets ready and sees everyone holding on to roses and a box of strawberries together with a wrapped box. She proceeds to the table.

Hello everyone.

Here Maanvi this is for you. Fresh roses and strawberries.

Thank you Viraat. But what is the occasion.

No one knows Beta.

Chotte what is it.

Shlok ready. 3,2,1

Happy Mother's Day

To the sweetest ladies on our lives.

Aww Chotte and Shlok that was really sweet.

Anything for you Di

And you Maanvi

Bhai I heard that

Shut up Shlok

Okay boys I am hungry. Vanshika let's have breakfast.

After breakfast,

Maanvi lets go

Where Viraat

To my music studio

Why

Come on

Okay

Shlok you too

In the music studio,

Maanvi get the mike. Shlok the drums. I'll get the guitar.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promisses
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away

What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer

Darling don't be afraid

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me

One step closer
One step closer

Darling don't be afraid

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me

Clap Clap

Di you here. What about Diya

Viren is looking after her. I do miss this room. Once upon a time this was our kingdom, our outhouse. But now it all seems far.

No Di. Come on we can relive those days

Yes Di. But will you let me join in the gang.

Of course Maanvi.

Come on guys. You know the last one we sang right

Yes Di. Dhoom again right.

Okay 1,2 1,2,3,4

Dhoom Again And Run Away With Me On A Roller Coaster Ride
Dhoom Again And See Your Wildest Dreams Slowly Come Alive
Dhoom Again We Gotta Break The Rules And Party All The Time
Dhoom Again We Gotta Steal The Show You Know That Ain't No Crime

So Steal All That You Can
The Magic You Began
Let's Shout! Break Out! 
Come On Once Again Let's Hear It

Dhoom Machale

Once More Come On You People

Dhoom Machale Dhoom Machale
Dhooom

Dhooom

Dhoom Again And Feel The Beat Of The Rythm-Rythm Of The Night
Dhoom Again And Hear The Voices Calling Creatures Of The Night
Dhoom Again And See The Shadows Dancin' In The Pale Moonlight
Dhoom Again And Feel Your Heartbeat Pumpin' Now The Time Is Right

So Go Walk Out The Door 
Get Down Get On The Floor
Let's Shout! Break Out!
Come On Once Again Let's Hear It

Dhooom

Dhooom

And When Love Comes Your Way
You'll Know It's Here To Stay 
You'll Steal The Chance Cause You're The Thief Of Hearts Yeah
You'll Win With Just A Glance Walk Away With Your Romance
There's No More There's No Backin' Out Now

Dhoom Again And Make The Whole World Crazy Set Your Spirit Free
Dhoom Again And Take A Break Right Now Come Celebrate With Me
Dhoom Again Cause All I Wanna Do Is Steal The Show Somehow
Dhoom Again Cause All I Wanna Say Is Hey The Time Is Now

Let Nothing Getcha' Down
Go Out And Paint The Town

Let's Shout! Break Out! 

Come On Once Again Let's Here It

Dhooom 

Dhoom Once Again

Dhooom

Dhoom Come On Once Again

Dhoom Machale

That was awesomeness. Okay you all have fun I will check on Diya. And Viraat Maanvi would love it in the attic.

Okay Di. I will bring her later.

After more Jamming,

Maanvi I think it's time to go the attic. Because Mum was telling me that from tommorow all the rituals officially start and we won't have time

Okay let's go. I am so excited.

In the attic, Viraat pulls out a huge box which contained many of his childhood things. Maanvi and Viraat enjoy their time looking at the possessions. The entire day was gone and soon, it was time for the wedding festives.
MissMystery thumbnail
Hey People,

It has come to my attention that not many people continue to read my story and follow my posts as before. Even though I PM many people, no one seems to care. And that is indeed painful but since i write for my joy, that will not cause a stop in this magical journey of mine. I once again stress that this is a story based on a true life incident and thus it may not be the fantasy wanted by many people.

I also want to inform that i will not be able to update for the next two weeks and i sincerely hope that people still read the story and comment. For my silent readers, if i don't see a response then i might not PM you anymore since it is just a waste of effort on my part and waste of mailbox space for you. 

Till My Next Update do continue to comment.

Cheers, Jasmine Shabir
BadtameezDil. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Loved it to the core
Awsem work jasmine
Will be waiting fr ur next pm
Veronica1504 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I cant wait for the next update! Thanks for the PM and continue soon!
misaki thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hey i loved all the updates...
esp the manvi bein so close 2 virats parents nd shlok...
thnk u so much fr the pm..appreciate the effrt that it takes 2 pm so mny of us..
thnk u once again fr the wonderful updates..
im lookin frwrd 2 te next update..
nd fr the pm😊
wafa.M thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awl de updates  sweeettt 😳
de way dey r supportin each oder is so gud 2 read do continue soon will b w8n!! ⭐️