DOTW- Hiding becoming a drag now?

Posted: 11 years ago
Hello All!

A warm welcome to the Discussion of the week!🤗

Well the show is just heading to more and more misunderstandings now. One of the most beautiful bonds of the show, that is the Jeeju-Saali bond of Viren and Maanvi have been added to this league of misunderstandings. My gut feeling also says that the Viren-Virat bond is not heading towards a very good situation. 

On the other hand the root of all these misunderstandings is the hiding of Maanvi's cancer from Viren. Though Maanvi had no bad intentions behind doing this, is this hiding becoming a drag now? I agree that this is very much necessary to move the story but then are they dragging it just way too much. Should Viren have been made aware of her cancer? Its been a while since the cancer track started and still Jeevika doesnt know about it.

So basically Is the hiding becoming too much a drag?

All views are totally welcome but please do keep the IF COC in mind and no bashing please!

Discuss away,
Aish!
Edited by Aishh. - 11 years ago
I feel the same.. its been long since beeji told maanvi that she has cancer..maya tack,then viraat falling for maanvi,chachu ka dhukan track.. i really feel they shouldnt drag it any longer..
Seriously !! even i m feeling this maanvi's cancer track is becoming a Drag now !!!!! i reallly want all this to clear and again smthing interesting to start...
Yes.

The reason is very flimsy as well.

I am sure Jeevika will be devastated to hear the truth - who wouldn't be for a loved one? - but she is certainly not going to go into a coma.
She'll rally and fight to support, and seek treatment for Maanvi.

If you notice, other than this 'hide the truth' track, there really is no other track causing tension in the show... a must for any Soap/drama.
So we'll be seeing more of it until the CVs decide to introduce some other track that'll bring that aspect into the story so the focus can shift.

Jayne

i am loving the recent  track. its going at a decent pace. 
its been a dragg for a long time now, its reached new hieghts of dragging now
I think it's a little difficult for the CV's not to drag the track because, as Jayne said, the show lacks any other parallel track...this is the shows MAIN track and only track so there's very little CV's can do if they rush to reveal the misunderstandings and continue from there because, unless you guys just want love scenes and excessive sibling bonding (which is great till it gets repetitive), we kind of have to put up with the "dragging".

Personally, I don't feel like its dragging. Yes it's a little bothersome that these misunderstandings are causing more problems but I mean, that's pretty much what the show is about..I don't know how the CV's can make it more exciting and anticipatory without all these things cause then we'd complain it was too bland or too boring. Too many behna scenes and we'll complain there is not enough Virika or Virman scenes, too many love scenes and we'll complain that there is no plot. Maya track, we complained about Virman love track not starting, Virman love track starts with cancer track and we complain about not enough Virika scenes, Viren finally gets more than prop scenes and we complain he's being irrational and mean to Maanvi...enough said. Let's just remind ourselves that this is indeed a show (and an Indian soap at that)...in order for there to be a show, there needs to be drama, plot and even misunderstandings or else we wouldn't be curious about how they'll get resolved. I agree, things could be more balanced in the episodes, and there is always room to improve storyline, but I'd accepted the fact that Indian dramas will forever lack logical scenes, in most cases and those that don't, usually don't get watched by mass audiences (ie. some of Sony TV's novel drama ideas in the past were fantastic, but failed terrible on the TRP's and got axed).

I've watched  A LOT of bad dramas, I appreciate a decent one when I see it.

My two cents, no offense to anyone, seriously lol love reading all the comments, whether they agree with me or not! =)
Edited by sweetsorrow18 - 11 years ago
Yh yaar Its been Dragged A lot ... Its been ages With this Hiding Story yaar ...
Hiding is definitely becoming a drag now. It was a drag from the beginning according to me. There is no reason for Manvi to hide this from Viren.. I understand her hiding it from her di, but why is she hiding it from Viren? If she could tell him the truth, he can tremendously help her with everything and get things smoothed out. Now hiding this has created misunderstanding in Virens mind.. and is going to create more issues between Viren and his brother. Maanvi needs to make up her mind and just tell her jiju. CVs needs to do something about it. Its been dragged too much. 
This track is silly and makes no sense to me. If someone has a disease like pneumonia we may understand that it can be hidden, but here someone is having cancer. Cancer has a visual impact on its patient, one needs to get rid of their hair and u are admitted to hospital for long durations. But the show is becoming silly with all those in between body marks, chemotherapies, medicines, no impact on manvi's appearance, which comes and goes on directors own convenience.
Sadly once a show stops making sense it starts losing viewership too. And i can see that happening for this show.
All the viren-manvi drama makes no sense, sadly manvi has become more of a burden to jeevika than a sister.