•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Different moms rule the television

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | May 13, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Swati Shah|Mona Singh|Megha Vyas|Kratika Senghar|Jigar|Hema Singh|Akansha Singh
Different moms rule the television
Shweta Tiwari with her onscreen daughter
Telly's moms are in a league of their own. They are sometimes no-nonsense, sometimes overbearing, or cloyingly protective. But they are also earth moms who fuss over their children. 

Here's a quick look at all those women who've made our soaps that much more dramatic and tearjerking! 

Earth Mom Rupali Ganguly aka Pinky Ahuja of Parvarrish - Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi takes great care of her children. But there are times when Ravee, Rashi and Sunny feel suffocated because of her over-the-top reactions to anything and everything. But they definitely love her. Rupali says, "The kind of love and emotions I share with these kids is awesome. Off-screen, all these kids fight with each other on who will call me mom. Sunny is the cutest child, I love him. Ravee is a mature girl - I love to share things with her. I take fashion tips from her. " 

Hitler Mom Hema Singh who plays Imarti Devi in Kairee - Rishta Khatta Meetha is a dominating and over-protective mom. Love and happiness of her children is important to her but she prefers to rule the house. Hema feels, "Sons should maintain a balance between their mom and wife. And if by any chance, my on screen sons will change, I will prevent them from doing so. I don't mind playing with emotions to get them on the right track. It's important to be strict but I'm not at all evil." 

My Mom , My Inspiration Being a single mom isn't easy, but Akansha Singh aka Mrs Megha Vyas in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha makes it look like a cakewalk. She is always there for her kids Navika and Aditya - be it their studies, games or parties. Aakanksha says, "It feels great to be a mom on screen as it's totally a different experience. It is very challenging to emote the role of a mother. My on-screen and off-screen bonding with the kids is the same." 

Helicopter Mom Sweety Ahluwalia played by Shweta Tiwari in Parvarrish - Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi is someone most kids wouldn't want to have as their mom in real life. She is strict and a disciplinarian at her worst, most of the time. Her children mean everything to her and she believes in teaching them the right lessons. There are times when her kids get frustrated and rebel. Shweta says, "I have a different way to bring up my on and off screen kids. If my daughter Palak doesn't score good marks in exams, I don't shout at her. She's free to choose any career but she needs to complete her studies first." 

No- Nonsense Mom Neelu Vaghela swears by discipline. She plays the character of Santosh Arun Rathi (Bhabo) in Diya Aur Baati Hum. She makes sure that her son Suraj follows the rules. Santosh says, "I enjoy playing this character who has strong principles." 

Filmi Mom Talk about the moms who always pack parathas for their kids' lunch boxes, cry with their kids and lose sleep even when they are hurt slightly. Mona Singh who plays Mona Pradeep Singh in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada fits the bill perfectly. Mona says, "My on-screen kids have become like my extended family. The day I don't shoot with them, I feel as if I am missing out on something. It's difficult to play a mother, hence I closely observe my mom." 

Loving Mom Actor Swati Shah who plays the role of Hetal Chirag Modi in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya is a mother who stands by her son Jigar. Swati says, "Being a loving mother is not a one way process - the feelings between me and Jigar are mutual. It's fun to be with him. He leaves no stone unturned to keep me happy on and off the sets." 

Over Protective Mom Being a single mom, Kratika Senghar who plays Aarti/Arpita Sindhia in Punar Vivah - Zindagi Milegi Dobara is very protective and caring mom to Ansh. She never lets him go far away from her sight. She recently got married, yet she gives all her time to Ansh, rather than being with her new husband. She doesn't want Ansh to feel lonely, upset or angry anytime. Kratika says, "Ansh is very cute. He doesn't sit still even for a minute. He is very bindaas. I was exactly like this as a child. Spending time with him brings back so many childhood memories. Since most of his scenes are with me, I get to pamper and spoil him on the sets." 

#
thanks for sharing Tanu!

Helicopter mom and Earth mom 😆
thanks for sharing!!!!
love them both!!!!!!!!
Helicopter mom and Earth mom!!!!!
Helicopter mom and Earth mom...love them both..
thanku so nuch for sharing