Does Freida Pinto looks like an Italian??

Posted: 11 years ago
Freida Pinto is Cast as an Italian Journalist in her upcoming film to directed by Bafta award winning director Nick Broomfield.She will Star opposite  Dan Stevens from hit UK TV series Downton Abbey.It is  an adaptation of a Belgian Congo period romance novel titled The Catastrophist, written by Ronan Bennett.The book was a bestseller after it was published in 2007.

Here's Amazon's synopsis of the novel:

James Gillespie, a disillusioned Irish historian turned novelist, has arrived in the Congo on the eve of independence, hoping to reunite with his Italian lover, Ines. The two had once been passionately involved in Europe, but Ines's job as a journalist took her to the Congo, where her Communist leanings have kept her. Ines is an enthusiastic supporter of Patrice Lumumba, and her journalism reflects her bias. Gillespie, on the other hand, has a novelist's broader view, and his ability to see all facets of the issue simultaneously keeps him from choosing sides and drives a wedge between him and Ines. As she becomes more involved with Lumumba and his followers, he is befriended by an American CIA agent whom Ines suspects of being an enemy. When the political situation heats up, she puts herself increasingly in harm's way until, at last, Gillespie must put his own life on the line to save hers... The Catastrophist is a love story, a historical novel, a troubling reflection on Africa's ongoing political upheaval.

Stevens will play James Gillespie and Pinto will play Ines, his Italian lover.

PS: This is Dan Stevens

Edited by radsuinda - 11 years ago
She is not a Bollywood Actress, then y here topics are made over here? ðŸ˜†
Director tried to imply that the Congolese weather has tanned her skin. 😉
No, she doesn't, but then did white women look like Indian women back when everyone in Hollywood was played by whites in makeup? The thing is they want Frieda for the role. That's good!
Just like India seems to like casting white girls as Indians.😉
If Goku can be white, anything is possible.

But there are many olive skinned Italians. It all depends on ethnicity. The whole Latin-European region has plenty of non-white bloodlines as well.

Originally posted by bloodysunday

No, she is too dusky to pass off as an Italian. I say she looks like a latina.

Pray tell me, what language is Italian a derivative from?

What language is often used in the hymns of the Roman Catholic church?
Check out Sicilians. They aint Swedes either.
I think she can definitely pass off as an italian
No, her facial features are very east Indian. She looks like what she should, from India.
Originally posted by bloodysunday

I use the term Latino in my everyday spoken English to refer to anyone of Latin America rather than those people originating in the Latin speaking world. 

A Latino is anyone who descends from Latin heritage. Latinos can be white, brown or even black. Assuming that Latino refers to only Latin Americans, is a common mistake amidst Americans. In everyday spoken English across the world, Latino typically refers to Latin Americans and Latin Europeans. Then amidst the Latinos you have Hispanics, Cubans, South Americans etc.