Devon ke Dev Mahadev

The 36 Tattvas of Lord Shiva

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago

There are 36 Shiv-Tattvas or elements, Lord Shiva is made of.
The Tattvas are defined by their exclusive capacity to perform a specific function in the scheme of reality. And as the sole agent or acting force is Consciousness, it follows that the Tatvas are nothing but functions of Consciousness.
Lord Shiva's human actions are result of his leaving his first 5 elements- the Shuddha tatvas. the moment he will get in touch with his Shakti, he will rise back to his own Spiritual state of God.

The 36 Tattvas:

5 Shuddha Tattvas:

This is the superconscious realm. This is the Sivaloka, the region of the Devas (Gods), the myriad rishis and other beings who have attained freedom from the bondage.
1. Shiva-Tattva: As the Universe is the creation of God's Own Mind (the Supreme Intelligence), the first Reality or Tattva naturally is God (Shiva) Himself. This level of Reality consists of Pure, Infinite Consciousness.
2. Shakti-Tattva: The second level of Reality is that of Pure, Infinite Bliss which is the Power whereby God experiences the Boundless Joy of His Own Existence. For this reason it is known as Shakti-Tattva, the Principle or Category of Power.
3. Sadashiva-Tattva: The third level is that of Pure, Infinite Will-Power, being the Power whereby God experiences Himself as an Unlimited, Independent Force that is ready and able to perform any action He wishes. At this stage God forms the resolve to bring His Power of Creation into operation.
4.Ishvara-Tattva: The fourth level represents God's Power of Pure, Infinite Knowledge whereby He is able to know all things. At this stage God begins to conceive in His Mind the Universe to be created.
5. Satvidya-Tattva: The fifth level is that of Pure, Infinite Action. At this stage, the Divine Power of Action which is the Power whereby God may assume, or manifest Himself as, any form or shape, comes into operation.
The Universe at this level is purely Spiritual and is inhabited by Spiritual Beings such as Gods, Enlightened Yogis (Siddhas), Sages (Rishis) and Saints (Sadhus) who are consciously aware of their Oneness with their Creator.
These evolved Souls are beings of great Spiritual power. Although they may assume any form and shape they wish, they have no bodies but may be described as radiant Orbs of Spirit for which reason they are known as Devas or Devatas (Radiant Ones).

7 SUDDHA-ASHUDDHA TATTVAS (Spiritual-Magnetic Energy)

6. Maya-Tattva

7. Kalaa-Tattva
8.Vidya-Tattva
9. Raaga-Tattva.
10. Kaala-Tattva
11. Niyati-Tattva
12. Purusha-Tattva (Personal soul)

24 ASUDDHA TATTVAS (Gross-Magnetic Energy)

13. Pradhana-Tattva (also known as Prakriti)
14. Buddhi-Tattva
15. Ahamkara-Tattva
16. Manas-Tattva

Tattvas 17 to 21. The Five Faculties of Perception (Gnanendriyas):

17. srotra tattva: hearing (ears)
18. tvak tattva: touching (skin)
19. chakshu tattva: seeing (eyes)
20. rasana tattva: tasting (tongue)
21. ghrana tattva: smelling (nose)

Tattvas 22 to 26. The Five Faculties of Action (Karmendriyas):

22. vak tattva: speech (voice)
23. pani tattva: grasping (hands)
24. pada tattva: walking (feet)
25. payu tattva: excretion (anus)
26. upastha tattva: procreation (genitals)

Tattvas 27 to 31. The Five Primary Sensations (Tanmatras):

27. sabdha tattva: sound
28. sparsa tattva: feel/palpation
29. rupa tattva: form
30. rasa tattva: taste
31. gandha tattva: odor

Tattvas 32 to 36. The Five Gross Elements of Matter (Maha Bhutas):

32. Aakash tattva: ether
33. Vayu tattva: air
34. Tejas tattva: fire
35. Jala tattva: water
36. prithiv tattva: earth

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sindhupv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow useful information. TFS.
sukhi... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Aww..minu u always come wth an awesome post...very informative u r simlpy great.
Thanks a lot dear.
shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Meena...are you a minded reader...was gone ask you about it...thanks sweets...

mnx12 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sukhi...

Aww..minu u always come wth an awesome post...very informative u r simlpy great.
Thanks a lot dear.

These tattva explains to us why is Lord Shiva  Great. What makes him the way he is. This is just a small effort in understanding him.😊
mnx12 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shali

Meena...are you a minded reader...was gone ask you about it...thanks sweets...

Shali this is called commen curiocity.😊 
Shivji's human depiction is the main factor, in trying to understand, how did this happen.
vanadhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i often wonder during the initial days of this soap ,where Narad and nandhi teasing Shivji about lonely ness and Sati part with him
Where Shivji replies he is a Vairagi and never needs any companion ,since his Sadhana will be disturbed ..

I can't relate anything But simply confused , Since he is the god himself what is the need of experimenting any Sadhana .and on whom he is meditating ...

about it ,Now its seems how Skathi is useful in his part .I think i need to develop my IQ and humbleness more to keep on learning about him 
Thank you Minakshi ...A great post  
NST1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mnx12

There are 36 Shiv-Tattvas or elements, Lord Shiva is made of.
The Tattvas are defined by their exclusive capacity to perform a specific function in the scheme of reality. And as the sole agent or acting force is Consciousness, it follows that the Tatvas are nothing but functions of Consciousness.
Lord Shiva's human actions are result of his leaving his first 5 elements- the Shuddha tatvas. the moment he will get in touch with his Shakti, he will rise back to his own Spiritual state of God.

Thanks for the post!

But, maybe leaving is  not a correct word here. All the next tattvas is not a departure from these basic ones, but a result of covering of these shuddha tattvas and setting limitation to them. And they are covered with Maya - with Aadi Shakti herself. So the reason of unknowing is not the absense of Shakti, but her fully covering presense - that's Their Play 

How could Shiva return to his primordial state - by remebering  that he's a player! )

camella thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely post as always..thanks for posting this minu di!!😳 btw..could you post something on the chakras, ida,pingala,sushumna and the various forms of shiva-shakti present at each chakra sometime?it's something that has always intrigued me..😊

mnx12 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vanadhi

i often wonder during the initial days of this soap ,where Narad and nandhi teasing Shivji about lonely ness and Sati part with him

Where Shivji replies he is a Vairagi and never needs any companion ,since his Sadhana will be disturbed ..

I can't relate anything But simply confused , Since he is the god himself what is the need of experimenting any Sadhana .and on whom he is meditating ...

about it ,Now its seems how Skathi is useful in his part .I think i need to develop my IQ and humbleness more to keep on learning about him 
Thank you Minakshi ...A great post  

When Naradji & Nandi told him during those days, he knew he will have to part from his Shakti once again. In current epi. when he is away from her, we know he wanted to avoid this situation which will be painful for both of them. His Shakti was his most important part being a God, like he said yesterday, through his penanace & her sadhana, he wanted to reach the highest consciousness. This post is just to know about Lord shiva's elements & what happens when something gets missing out of it.