TOI: Actors life cant b secure-Pawan

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

An actor's life cannot be secure: Pawan Shankar

TNN | May 24, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Sanjeev Kumar|Rakhi Sawant|Rajeev Khandelwal|Kya Hua Tera Vaada|Bade Achhe Lagte Hain|Amol Palekar
An actor's life cannot be secure: Pawan Shankar
Pawan Shankar
Having been through many highs and lows, Pawan Shankar is currently ecstatic as his show Kya Hua Tera Vaada has been scaling up the TRP ladder. We also hear he is about to make his Bollywood debut. In a candid chat...
Despite a lot of hype, your show couldn't rake in the TRPs. Well, the show's TRP was not high earlier but now there is a sharp jump. We are competing neck-to-neck with Bade Achhe Lagte Hain. We knew that the drama will unfold in this show when the couple separates. Now even during the IPL, the TRPs have escalated.
For an extra-marital theme, don't you think your character should have been of a more flamboyant man? It is very common to see flamboyant men going for 'the other woman'. We wanted it to be different because drama becomes more interesting when a common man indulges in infidelity. It is like showing Sanjeev Kumar or Amol Palekar having an extra marital affair on screen.
How difficult is it for actors in the current scenario where serials are axed by channels in no time based on TRPs... An actor's life cannot be secure. It is tough to sustain here. But for me, acting is worship, it is not just a medium to make money. And I don't depend only on this profession to run my kitchen. My wife and I hold exhibitions on lifestyle and fashion all over the country.
TV apart, you are looking forward to your debut film now... My film is about to release and I have an important role to play. I am shown footloose and fancy free... jahan dekhi naari wahin aankh mari. My next project is with Anubhav Sinha. The advantage in movies is that there is more attention paid to a character whereas in TV, one track drags on and on and as a result you get bored.
But very few TV actors have clicked in films... The biggest superstar, SRK, is from TV. Even Sharman Joshi, Rajeev Khandelwal, Rakhi Sawant all are doing pretty well on the big screen.
Tell us about the person behind the actor you are... Pawan Shankar is still the simple boy from Allahabad. I can't change even one per cent or fabricate things. I have seen the peak and I have also seen the low phase. Nothing excites me. I am more at peace with myself. I have seen hoardings of my show all over the city but deep within, I know this won't last long.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
" It is like showing Sanjeev Kumar or Amol Palekar having an extra marital affair on screen." LOL...this is very true. Perhaps this is what makes Pradeep's character hard to digest. And Pawan does have an Amol Palekar kind of persona. 😃