TOI: Mouli- Wicked Vixen - Docile Bahu

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
FROM WICKED VIXEN TO DOCILE BAHU 

actor,Mouli Ganguly can easily mould her self into any character,discovers Purnima Goswami Sharma 

Related Articles 

FROM WICKED VIXEN TO DOCILE BAHU 

For Mouli Ganguly it is the character,which decides whether the show is worth it or not.You may term me rigid,but for me it is very important to believe in the character, states Mouli,who loves to stretch her acting abilities.She can be seen on Sonys Kya Hua Tera Vada,where she plays Anushka Sarkar,the other woman in the protagonists life.Her character in this daily soap has come as a surprise to her fans.Only Ekta Kapoor could think of me to portray such a character.I soaked in to the skin of Anushka,who can stretch to any extent to be with her lover.She can get very wicked.She is stylish and a smooth operator,who can even play with peoples lives to get her way, she explains.
Mouli is no stranger to television.Her characters and roles have given her a permanent place in the hearts of her fans.But few know the other side of this actor.Mouli is an amateur painter.Painting is akin to meditation.I like to paint landscapes,abstract and figures with oil and acrylic colors.It simply relaxes me,so whenever I have some spare time I dabble and doodle with colours, says Mouli.
It was in this industry,where she met her love of life,who is now her husband,Mazhar Sayyed.In 18 months of marriage,I have become calmer and it is my husbands influence on me,as he is calm and stays unruffled in the worst situations, says Mouli,explaining that marriage has not hampered her routine.She meditates and exercises regularly and her new routine includes serene walks with her husband in Lokhandwala Complex.
I have been living in Lokhandwala for almost seven years.It is a complete district,which has everything;parks,malls and eateries, says Mouli.The best part of living in this vicinity is our friends also live close by so we meet them regularly.My set is also near,so I dont have to travel too far.Staying in this area has enhanced the quality of our life, she declares.

Mouli Ganguly started her modelling career with products like Pears,Rin,Ariel,Asian Paints,Sonam Quartz,Britannia,Maggie and others.

She has worked in television shows like Kahin Kissi Roz,Resham Dankh,Sarrkarr,Lagi Tujse Lagan,Saakshi,Kutumb and more.

She has a background in theatre and worked in Kahani Mein Twist with Kiran Karmarkar and Oye band baj gaya with Himani Shivpuri and Rajesh Puri.

She also has to her credit,Rituparno Ghoshs Raincoat and many other Bengali films.

Painting is akin to meditation.I like to paint landscapes,abstract and figures with oil and acrylic colors.It simply relaxes me.

Mouli Ganguly 

[Previous] MYT Lokhandwala [Next]

Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks for sharing I like the role, atleast its not like the regular vamps in the show..

Infact she has a lot of dimensions. She has a good rappo with Mona as Mona ko takkar deney wali koi tho hai !!

I watch the show for Mona Singh but I also like to watch for Mouli as I liked her role in another show which will soon end as it was a cameo, so as a parallel lead she is doing a good job...

Glad to note she is into painting also..