Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke

Short take by leavesandwaves

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Today I saw full episodes specially telecast by Zee.

The cast is experienced and they know how to act. They look beautiful too.

The story of 2 sisters who are married and have teenage girls as daughters. The elder one is in Benaras in a traditional joint family  Her daughter Rachna is sweet, innocent and shy girl who depends on her mama for everything. She has a naughty friend called Chaya. Rachna wants her mother to dress her up in a saree for her school function.

The younger sister Mansi lives in mumbai in a very posh house with cars etc. Her husband loves her very much and they have a daughter called Gunjan who is very independent  and a typical south mumbai girl. Mansi has cancer in the last stage and probably may die soon according to promos. She does not tell this fact to her daughter and does not even want to get treatment. She is waiting for her daughter's show.

While gunjan is shopping in a big mall in mumbai, rachna is shopping in a typical small town crowded shop. When the male shop keeper asks for her size for a bra, she runs away from the shop in embarrassment and shame. While gunjan chooses some daring thing casually while her mausi is embarrassed. The CVs wants to bring out the contrast.

While the elder sister Shail, who has an authoritative husband whom she respects and also in awe, runs the entire joint family efficiently, the younger sister Sneha has all the freedom of a nuclear family like driving own car, taking own decisions and a doting husband.

The bond between the mature sisters is quite a treat to watch. Seems the younger one got away with everything and that her marriage might have raised some problems between the 2 families. But her husband seems to be a good and considerate one but cancer has swallowed all the happiness. Though the sisters meet rarely, the bond between them is intact.

I have seen Vaishnavi in many serials and I like her for her soft beauty and talent. Mansi also acted in a popular soaps in Zee. And Sneha's husband is also quite popular(Maryada's shubhankar) and so Shail's husband.

This serial has replaced, Choti bahu. On this slot, this appears to be a good serial with lots of promise  and great script. Not typical saas bahu, yet it is a family drama.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

i'm so impressed seeing this post here.carry on
sanat11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yep i agree with every word... I watched the first epi and can say that this looks like a promising serial..
-Rinky- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I really liked the feel of the show...did not expect much from the promos though...Like it when I saw it...The contrast you mentioned is the spice of the show...Hope they maintain it...

And yes the cast is quite good too...Hopefully it will be a treat to watch
happygirl123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I have really grown to love the characcters..in just a few days I've become attached to the characters...really don't want Sneha to die..she's just so nice and sweet but we all know that's how the story goes as the story is about Gunjan and Rachana and how Gunjan adapts to Benaras