Byah Hamari Bahu Ka

|| BHBK Articles Archive || - Page 2

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Producer J D Majethia speaks out on Byaah Hamari's low ratings

Byaah Hamari Bahu Ka

Sony Entertainment Television bosses must be in a fix. Why? Well…they had shunted the not-so-highly-rated Kuch Toh Log Kahenge (Director's Kut) from 8 pm to 11 pm and brought in Byaah Hamari Bahu Ka (Hats Off Productions) with tall talks of changing the grammar of saas bahu shows.

However, this serial about the remarriage of Rajnibala (Shrenu Parekh) has been rating quite badly (0.4 TVR ). When we spoke to producer JD Majethia, he accepted that the show is not doing well.

"Our research indicates that the public did tune in attracted by the unusual theme of the remarriage and wanted to know why. But when they saw husband Krish (Gaurav Khanna) romancing Paulomi (Benaf Dadachandji) they got turned off. Hence, we went back to the drawing board and hastened the marriage of Krish to Rajnibala. We originally planned to have the above marriage later. We cut a lot of the extra stuff, and will now move the story to the take off point as why does the family want Rajnibala get remarried. "

JD, who has been a participant on Survivor India airing on Star Plus, added one more reason for the low ratings which could be, "the highly competitive 8 pm slot. You need to appreciate the fact that we have to face off with Punar Vivah on (3 TVR), Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon (2.8 TVR) and others."

Sony, Head of Fiction, Virendra Shahane also accepted that initial numbers were low, "as it took time to set up the show and now things will go full steam once the original story kicks in."

Virendra also does not think that the initial low numbers will affect the future chances as "if we have a good story numbers will come."

We also hope the same Virendra and wish all the very best to J D!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aysha- thumbnail

Gaurav Khanna gets candid with Tellychakkar.com

Gaurav Khanna

Hats Off Productions' Byah Hamari Bahu Ka on Sony Entertainment Television is not even a fortnight old and there are mixed responses of it coming in before the original plot starts.

We got in touch with Gaurav Khanna, who essays the role of Krish (male protagonist), to find out what made him take up this show after a long break. "I always wanted to play a character like Krish because he is very different. For this, I don't have to act but have to play what I am. The character I play is subtle, confused and has family values. Krish is a natural character not larger than life with whom people can connect with," he shared.

"The show is just two weeks old and we have been receiving mixed responses. The story is yet to begin, it will catch up soon. Every character of the show is an important one be it my sister, or my friend. Shrenu (Parekh) is an excellent co-star to work with," he added.

"I have been getting an overwhelming response from Byaah Hamari… as whenever I meet people they often ask me "kyun ho raha hai byaah hamari bahu ka?" This itself shows the keenness and interest in the show", Gaurav observed.

Gaurav Khanna has done a couple of commercials and was seen in Meri Doli Teri Angana, Love Ne Bana Di Jodi and many more dailies.

-Aysha- thumbnail

Leena Balodi to enter Byaah Hamari Bahu Ka

Leena Balodi

Yesterday (28 June, 2012), we at Tellychakkar.com reported about Hats Off Productions' Byaah Hamari Bahu Ka being under the scanner. If its numbers don't shape up, then the show might shape out. Now, the makers are bringing in a new face in hope of pepping up things.

Leena Balodi, renowned for her stint in Colors' Na Aana Iss Des Laado and last seen in Mrs Tendulkar (SAB TV) in a negative role, will make an entry in Byaah. Here too, she will play a negative character of Uma, a house maid.

Uma will come down to stay with the Vaishnav family and she will be brought in by Rajnibala (Shrenu Parekh). She will pretend to be sweet but her intention will be to steal money. Uma's role will have a mysterious touch and her real facets will get revealed in the coming days.

"It's a very prominent role and audience would definitely love it. My character will always blackmail the family for money, is what I can divulge right now," confirmed Leena to Tellychakkar.

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

J D Mathejia says ' These are just Rumours'.

J D Mathejia says ' These are just Rumours'.

Tellybuzz in talks with J D Mathejia on the rumors doing down the corner about his new show's negativity.

There are rumours buzzing down the corner that Hatt's off production's new show 'Byaah Humari Bahu ka' which comes on Sony Entertainment channel is under the scanner due to low TRP ratings.

We contacted JD Mathejia to speak on the same and he said-'These are all just rumors there is no negativity among the cast of the show. So also news about Benaf Dadachanji and Prateeksha Chopra having a clash is totally false.Benaf has not resumed shooting from past 4weeks bacause there are no shots lined up for her".

He also quoted: 'I have a decent and hardworking team and I am very happy with them and their work. About the low TRP, well we are working on the script and will bring in new twists. But the show is definitely not going off-air '.

Reporter and Author: Krishma Solanki.

Shrenu Parekh shares her good off-screen camaraderie with Gaurav Khanna

Shrenu Parekh and Gaurav Khanna

Shrenu Parekh, who essays the role of Rajnibala in Sony Entertainment Television's Byaah Humari Bahu Ka (Hats Off Productions), simply enjoys the off-screen camaraderie she shares with co-actor Gaurav Khanna, who is much senior to her when it comes to experience.

Talking about her cute chemistry with Gaurav, Shrenu says, "It is great fun to work with Gaurav. Though he is much senior to me, he makes me comfortable on the sets. I am glad that viewers have started to like our on-screen chemistry."

Shrenu cannot forget their first meeting and says, "When Gaurav saw me for the first time, he presumed my name to be 'Snehu'. And from that day onwards, I am called by this name on the sets."

And when it comes to Gaurav's pranks, 'Snehu' ouch 'Shrenu' is always part of them. Talking about one such incident, she tells us, "Recently we shot a pool sequence where I was told that I had to wear a swimming costume and I was totally against it. Later, I got to know that it was one of Gaurav's pranks, and the scene demanded me to wear a swimming costume inside my sari."

Before signing off, Shrenu tells us that she is very much different in real life when compared to Rajnibala, "I am very bubbly and chirpy; I do not think as much as Rajnibala does."

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Byaah Humari Bahu Ka not going off air

Byaah Humari Bahu Ka not going off air

The Sony TV daily soap 'Byaah Humari Bahu Ka' has got an extension

The buzz was around the corner that Sony TV's daily soap 'Byaah Humari Bahu Ka' is set to go off-air in October and that another show will take the time slot, due to its poor concept and TRP ratings.

According to our source it is confirmed that the show has got an extension and is not going off air.  Also the news has come in that the creatives will be working on the story line to make it more interesting and entertaining for the audience.

For more such interesting articles keep reading India-Forums.com

Reporter and Author:Krishma Solanki.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13006-byaah-humari-bahu-ka-not-going-off-air.htm

nikidesai thumbnail
todays episode was a big BORE...an Surbhi pregnant ho gayi, kuch dikhao tou dhang ka dikhao yaar warna show bandh kar do we dont wanna see always Rajni being a surrogate mom or Surbhi being pregnant when her hubby is in the jail ab kuch aayega toh rajni cant conceive and Surbhi ka baccha god le legi ya fir Krish hi gayab ho jayega bandh karo yarr yeh byaah ha,mari bahu ka...