a shortage of laughter

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
oka collector sahib said that he does not smile often because he wants to be frugal with his smiles...so that in the future there will be no shortage of laughter.

Anyone understand what this mean? πŸ˜•

Laughter is not a finite commodity and laughing now cannot deplete laughter in the future. Even if he laughs now there will be laughter in the future.

My interpretation is that he doesnt want to jinx his future by enjoying his present,  because that may in some way invite an evil eye into his future. ... which i feel ridiculous.

I interpreted him to mean that he laughs really at very funny situations. He generally wants to be seen as a serious guy. Guy like him won't be scared of envy or evil eye. He doesn't seem like that...😊
he is keeping distance with people as he might be of attitude that people might take some favour frm him if he smiles or gives first hand to anyone ,may be he frm rich family so he is prejudiced  also 

Maybe he's like me... saving all his vacations/smiles for a rainy day/year or he just prefers to be taken seriously and not as a joker😊  I don't crack jokes around everyone for a reason. 

from my experience in college life , i really feel what shiv said is right. If you talk freely all smiling smiling , speak frankly and in a friendly way people just take you for granted and start using you. So its better to be strict and keep a distance with everyone so that others will not cross the line or limit . 
what i think is wht blue has writen is quit true...but there is a catch too in it..means their is some thing shady past which ahs hurt shiv badly and has changed his character complitely...that time one can say shiv was easy going laughing naughty shiv...but he was hurt badly and now he dosent smile offten and has changed his character so that now no one can take him for grnated or thinks kee he is not a responsible type person as he laways jokes or laughs and easy going person...so he has stoped all that and only laugh with person or people who wont missunderstand him for laughing and quit necessar to laugh..like kids they are inocent and pure at heart so he laughs with them..and when he laughs wiht them it is straight from heart and kids wont feel left out or like he such a big person and all so be reserve..no be al free and open..at that time he wants to laugh his heart out and not with any reservation...thats what he meant so that when require laughs dosent get short and he can laugh as much as he want with them...
Originally posted by milindrose

he is keeping distance with people as he might be of attitude that people might take some favour frm him if he smiles or gives first hand to anyone ,may be he frm rich family so he is prejudiced  also 

this too cud be one reason!
Originally posted by bluerobin

from my experience in college life , i really feel what shiv said is right. If you talk freely all smiling smiling , speak frankly and in a friendly way people just take you for granted and start using you. So its better to be strict and keep a distance with everyone so that others will not cross the line or limit . 

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† this is sooo true...I have learnt it be experience..and that was some decades back! people should know that u r not someone who they can mess withπŸ˜†πŸ˜ˆ

I think it is the Bard who said..SPEAK TO FEW... LISTEN TO MANY..such an excellent statement!
Originally posted by Achava11

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† this is sooo true...I have learnt it be experience..and that was some decades back! people should know that u r not someone who they can mess withπŸ˜†πŸ˜ˆ

I think it is the Bard who said..SPEAK TO FEW... LISTEN TO MANY..such an excellent statement!

yaar , i didn't listen to my parents' golden advice when they told me to be friendly with people only up to a certain limit . But at that age I didn't pay heed to it . Too much friendliness and smiling face landed me in trouble and I learnt a big lesson. And I realized your statement " speak to few ..listen to many " is really a big solution to all our problems. To add on minimum use of mobile phone and avoiding all unnecessary loose talks and text messaging can also keep you at a large distance from getting in to a mess.