Finally someone to pay her back in her own coin

Posted: 11 years ago
I have always admired Anandi, her boldness and straight forwardness, her respect to elders and her logical approach to reach on a solution in a revolutionery manner.

Very recently, I started commenting that Anandi needs to go and explore herself, but unfortunately, very few agree with this idea and usually a discussion ends up that being a village girl does not mean she is inferior to city girls...while the focus was always to see Anandi getting bigger and bigger in her thoughts, skills and abilities...but we always have given Anandi 100/100 when it comes to perfection and can not think of she getting her any improvement.

Well, she was in a village, definitely she was able to convince the uneducated masses...in other words the people with whom she has interacted in the past were stubborn, adamant with very old thoughts who were very easily flipped by her arguments..in other words people started having faith in her what so ever she was doing and advocating ..and no doubt it is a truth that she has impressed many people..she won their faith and and became a sarpanch.

Here is my point, we have seen her arguing with a handsome, well educated person...she might have countered some people in the past and argued with them and she was always winner..but now some one showing her that she needs something to  add ..she needs to know how to behave in a decent manner with an IAS officer..he is not the guy who will agree to all what she says...
Edited by bhach - 11 years ago
Definitely Anandi need to know how to interact with higher officials.

She might be true in some instances, but there should be some way to coomunicate.

Shiv is not that stubborn n to understand her, at the same time he also has lots of attitude,

Cvs completely changed anandi's approach towards collector.

i dont know whther it leads to JA reunion๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
 im still thinking she is behaving right or stubbonly but sometimes she is right when shiv is not on duty she argued but when in office she behaved prudently and she can keep her part perfectly as he is very stern with her always not anandi ,it is shiv who is officer but always stern for her not bit soft for her 
Originally posted by bhach

Well, she was in a village, definitely she was able to convince the uneducated masses...in other words the people with whom she has interacted in the past were stubborn, adamant with very old thoughts who were very easily flipped by her arguments..in other words people started having faith in her what so ever she was doing and advocating ..and no doubt it is a truth that she has impressed many people..she won their faith and and became a sarpanch.

Here is my point, we have seen her arguing with a handsome, well educated person...she might have countered some people in the past and argued with them and she was always winner..but now some one showing her that she needs something to  add ..she needs to know how to behave in a decent manner with an IAS officer..he is not the guy who will agree to all what she says...

People did not have faith in her when Sravan kidnapped her. They did not have faith in her in Asha track. She struggled to do justice to Phooli. They did not hear her when she tried to support the Dayan. Now, after all these struggles she did earn their faith. 

It is more difficult to convince the adamant uneducated villagers than an educated man who is open to positive changes.

Anandi fought through many issues to eradicate the evil customs in that society and so she can do this too. First , when she carried lunch for Shiv..he showed attitude and mentioned about bribes etc.So, she is cautious and is not ready to take any help from him out of office..which is a nice thing. 

@ green - Yes he is not a guy who will agree to all what she/anyone says. But he is a better  guy who thinks, analyses, concludes and takes decisions. He appreciates her when he finds out she is right. And Anandi will be right in most cases when it is related to office work. That's cause she knows more about the village than Shiv who is just getting to know it.

Agree with the post...it looked like..she expected that shiv would easily believe her when he was told abt Heth singh๐Ÿ˜†and also..will a collector speak to a sarpanch on every matter..there must be higher officials than her..where r they?
Originally posted by Achava11

Agree with the post...it looked like..she expected that shiv would easily believe her when he was told abt Heth singh๐Ÿ˜†and also..will a collector speak to a sarpanch on every matter..there must be higher officials than her..where r they?

OMG u want the CV's to show us everything in detail...with whom all Shiv talks during the day???? I'd just be happy with Anandi -Shiv convos...cause this story is about the Balika Vadhu's life  i.e A's life..and not about Jester's development. They would brief Jester's development to an extent.

And btw she just told him to be cautious. And Shiv's reply was good too. She left the topic then and there and moved on. ๐Ÿ˜›
It is easy to say that anandi does not know how to behave... but personally, I see a lot of male chauvanism in shiv's attitude which triggers off something in anandi.
On the surface he believes in gender equality and women's rights and education of girls etc...
but every time he speaks to anandi... instead of dealing with the issues at hand directly, he will preface all his offers or ideas with "yeh aapki bas ki baat nahi hai"  which is a little bit arrogant and presumptuous about her abilities.

Yesterday also, he talked about funding about the school.

Instead of just saying "I will try my best to expedite government funding and look for other alternative grants"... he said "you will not be able to negotiate government channels alone. I will give some of my personal funds" etc.  which I thought was completely unnecessary.

Afterwards he always admits he is wrong about anandi's capacity or abilities but would it not be prudent to just keep quiet from the beginning?

Shiv is not a complete 100% MCP but he has some latent MCP qualities that come out in his behaviour and his way of dealing with anandi which are perhaps subconscious and he exudes this without even realizing it.

Consequently it riles anandi.
Originally posted by -Perseus-

OMG u want the CV's to show us everything in detail...with whom all Shiv talks during the day???? I'd just be happy with Anandi -Shiv convos...cause this story is about the Balika Vadhu's life  i.e A's life..and not about Jester's development. They would brief Jester's development to an extent.

And btw she just told him to be cautious. And Shiv's reply was good too. She left the topic then and there and moved on. ๐Ÿ˜›

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† shouldn't they at least show the other officials..at least their presence...cz a collector wil not interact with a sarpanch ...that frequently...as someone posted here..a sarpanch is 2 or 3 grades lower???
Originally posted by tinoo

It is easy to say that anandi does not know how to behave... but personally, I see a lot of male chauvanism in shiv's attitude which triggers off something in anandi.
On the surface he believes in gender equality and women's rights and education of girls etc...
but every time he speaks to anandi... instead of dealing with the issues at hand directly, he will preface all his offers or ideas with "yeh aapki bas ki baat nahi hai"  which is a little bit arrogant and presumptuous about her abilities.

Yesterday also, he talked about funding about the school.

Instead of just saying "I will try my best to expedite government funding and look for other alternative grants"... he said "you will not be able to negotiate government channels alone. I will give some of my personal funds" etc.  which I thought was completely unnecessary.

Afterwards he always admits he is wrong about anandi's capacity or abilities but would it not be prudent to just keep quiet from the beginning?

Shiv is not a complete 100% MCP but he has some latent MCP qualities that come out in his behaviour and his way of dealing with anandi which are perhaps subconscious and he exudes this without even realizing it.

Consequently it riles anandi.

In a way..this too is right!
Originally posted by Achava11

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† shouldn't they at least show the other officials..at least their presence...cz a collector wil not interact with a sarpanch ...that frequently...as someone posted here..a sarpanch is 2 or 3 grades lower???

Not necessarily. Jayetsar has just been declared a small district so they may not have had time to hire every single individual required to be below the collector yet.   In some cases, when something is declared a district the other two rungs in the middle may not be even required -- it could just be extra manpower which is excess.

The other thing is that if I were the collector,  I would definitely consider it to my advantage to know anandi and not sit on protocol.  The woman sarpanch is a well respected individual who has lots of social networks and the goodwill of the people.  Shiv's performance appraisal and his ability to do his job well will depend on his understanding the cultural nuances and sentiments of the people. This is not a well established district -- it is a brand new district.  He does not know the backdrop or the history of Jayetsar.  Consequently he cant afford to alienate the population he is supposed to be helping.  If there are disputes tomorrow with the people,  anandi will be an important player in consensus building with the people and any kind of conflict and dispute resolution so that the matter does not blow up to a state level or national scandal.

I wish people would stop looking at anandi's education and her rank and realize that her social networks and the respect she holds are key assets for the collector's career which is why he would see it to his advantage to engage with her.