Twilight

Know Your Star: Kristen Stewart--Article

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Kristen Stewart will be seen next in 'Snow White and the Huntsman'

Kristen Stewart sky-rocketed to fame with the teenage vampire romance 'Twilight' - yet, for some reason she doesn't really fit into the glossy-lipped, preppy gal-clan that we see in Hollywood today. Unlike her contemporaries, she is not into portraying overexcited cheerleaders, wannabe dancers in a big bad city and other clichd characters.

Her light green eyes tell the story of a young and promising actor with interests in the alternative arts. Albeit her success came with a mainstream flick, her film choices are unusual. Her focus is on her purpose of being in the industry, and that is "to tell great stories".

Click on, for a pictorial profile of the versatile Kristen Stewart!

Kristen Jaymes Stewart was born on April 9, 1990, in Los Angeles

Her mother is a script supervisor and her father is a Fox-TV producer

Kristen has three brothers, two of whom are adopted.

At eight years old, Kristen was first noticed at a school play, after which she appeared in a few television roles.

Her first film role was in 'The Safety of Objects', and soon after she appeared in widely acclaimed 'The Panic Room' for which she was nominated for a Young Artist Award.

Kristen was nominated for the Young Artist award for three consecutive years. She finally took home the trophy for her role in Sean Penn's 'Into the Wild' in 2007.

Kristen shot to stardom with her portrayal of Bella Swan in the vampire cult favourite 'Twilight', opposite Robert Pattinson.

'Twilight' would take Kristen and her co-stars on a five year long ride on the hugely popular series that would last five movies with 'Twilight', 'New Moon', 'Eclipse', 'Breaking Dawn - I', and the upcoming Breaking Dawn - 2'.

Fiercely private about her personal life, Kristen's relationship with co-star Robert Pattinson was widely speculated upon. In 2011, Kristen accidently confirmed the relationship in an interview with GQ magazine.

Kristen on relationships: 'I would never cheapen my relationship by talking about them. People say, 'Just say who you're dating. Then people will stop being so ravenous about it.' It's like, No they won't! They'll ask for specifics.'

Her must watch films include 'Panic Room', 'Cold Creek Manor', 'Into the Wild', The Yellow Handkerchief', 'The Cake Eaters', 'The Twilight Saga', 'Welcome to the Rileys' and 'The Runaways'.

She was voted number 27 on Ask Men's top 99 'most desirable' women of 2012.

Kristen on looks: 'I've always had an aversion to looking sexy, but I've grown out of it.'

Kristen's upcoming movies are 'On the Road', 'Snow White and the Huntsmen', 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2' and 'Cali'.

Even with a drastic budget cut for the film 'On the Road', Kristen accepted a $200,000 pay cut just so she could remain a part of the film adaptation of the original novel by Jack Kerouac.

Kristen is a member of the Red Cross National Celebrity Cabinet.

Until the eighth grade, Kristen attended the A. E. Wright Middle School in Calabasas, California. She was homeschooled for grades 9-12 because of her hectic schedule. At age 19, she received her high school diploma while filming 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' (2010).

Kristen is the face of the newest Balenciaga fragrance for women

Kristen on fame: 'The strangest part about being famous is you don't get to give first impressions anymore. Everyone already has an impression of you before you meet them.'

'I play music but only for myself. For my ears only,' says Kristen.

Kristen on 'Snow White and the Huntsman': 'It's strange playing a character that you could never truly embody. I can't have Snow White's effect on people. I can't actually be completely selfless because nobody is. You can only really play a character like that in a fairytale and play it with an awful lot of integrity. She's a very fully formed but 'very farfetched from the reality that we live in' type of person. She also is strong in a very different way than you'd expect.'

Source: India Syndicate

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varoo28 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
thanks for sharing ðŸ˜›