Devon Ke Dev Mahadev Written Update 8th June 2012

Posted: 11 years ago

JaiGanesh

ShivaOm

Hi all, I'm Sia.πŸ˜ƒ
I have got this privilege of updating the Written version of the show for Mondays and Fridays.

I would like to thank you for giving me this opportunity.

Devon Ke Dev Mahadev

The Asuras are seen chasing Parvathi...(Bhag dhanno bhaag!!)
Rishi Dhatichi and Rishi Markanday leave the ashram in search of Parvathi
The chasing session continues for a while then Parvathi finds a little water body and crosses it,where as the horses are stopped  from moving further as a result Parvathi is at one side of the water body and the asuras at the other side.

Seeing this Parvathi puts her basket down and composes herself with folded hands prays to Mahadev to save her from the asuras...But the cunning ausras  make their way to Parvathi's side .
All of a sudden a huge amount of water rushes towards the site and as the asuras try to run away the water engulfs them.

Parvathi then coolly goes to the other side making her way back to the ashram.

Rishi Dhatich n Rishi Markanday are too tensed about Parvathi's disappearance and are desperately searching for her...after a while they find her coming towards them with a smile on he face.
Both the Rishis are relived to find her...they both kneel in front of her and utter
"Ya Devi SarvaBhuteshu Shakti Roopena Samsthita Namas Tasyay Namastasyay Namas Tasyay Namo Namaha!"
 with utter reverence .

Mena n others arrive at the spot (Mena utters the only word which is in her script PARVATHI!)
Mena asks is she fine or not...Parvathi says that she is very fine.
Seeing Menavati tensed for Parvathi Rishi Markanday says the she doesn't need to be worried as she has come back fine.

Menavati is perturbed at that statement and says that why should she not worry when asuras have come to hurt her daughter!
And also that they have assured Himvan that Parvathi would be safe  in the ashram but it hasn't happened and besides Parvathi is getting even attracted towards Mahadev and thus its its inappropriate to stay there anymore.
to which Parvathi replies that she is happy in the ashram.

Menavati bashes her daughter that she is too young to decide whats good or bad for her and that only her parents have the right to take all the important decisions of her life.
Rishi Dhatich requests Menavati to stay back as they are safe in that very ashram.

Menavati is too disturbed n worried since asuras have come to know that they are dwelling at the ashrma n they might attack anytime..Menavati  forces Parvathi to go along even after Parvathi's reluctance.
As Menavati drags Parvathi with her she falls and bumps her head to a stone.
Back the ashrma Doc Rishi Dhatich checks Menavati's pulse where she lies unconscious.
Rishi Dhatich says that injury is in the upper half of the brain (Literally) and chances are very low for her survival and the pulse is falling rapidly.
And only a miracle can save her .(llike a typical doc..she is critical uper wale ke duaa say hee bach saktee hai kind cliche )

Poor Parvathi cries bitter n blames herself  for her mother's condition.

Parvathi  goes to the Shiv ling at the forest and prays for her mother.
Rishi Markanday pacifies her by saying that Shiv is gonna look after everything.
 He also teaches her that a devote has to surrender their worries to Mahadev and persuade the suprem lord like he did when Shiv gave him the vardan of immortality and that very day he gave the world the 'Mahamrityunjaya mantra.'

Paravthi asks him to detail on what he told.

Rishi Markanday narrates his story..

"This story was at those times when i was just 11

Rishi Markanday's father asks his guru that why did he bring Markanday back to the ashram from the gurukul as it is too early.
The Rishi replies that there is nothing to worry as their son has mastered tall the knowledge at a very tender age.

Both the parents are proud of their child.
After the completion of his studies at his ashram he used to play with the other kids there.

But for some reason his parents used to be upset...As a dutiful son he asks the reason behind their sadness.

The parents narrate the story of his birth..that how he was born cause of the grace of Mahadev...

Shiva tells them the bitter truth that they dnt have the fate to have a son.
but a tap never goes empty so Shiva gives them the boon of becoming parents to a son...Shiva gives them options to who would they prefer to become their son.. 'An ignorant son with long  life or a Knowledgeable son with less life?"

The wise couple chose the later one..but SHiv warns them that the child would live only till 12 years.

They feel very dipressed thinking of this truth each time.

"After my attainment of higher knowledge i dnt have any fear of death but to see my parents upset..that's why i'm going to overcome my death" A wise Markanday says

Deep in the forest Markanday prays to lord Shiva with his brand new Mantra.

Om tryambaka? yajamahe sugandhi? pu??i-vardhanam
urvarukam iva bandhanan m?tyormuk?iya mam?tat

Like this a whole year passes by...

There appeared Yamraj to take away Markanday's life as written in his fate.
Yamraj asks Markanday to stop the tap and that his time is up!

Markanday opens his eyes only to find Yamraj in front of him

"No Yamraj i have to stay alive to serve my parents and after that you can take me away" An innocent child replies

Yamraj replies that death never waits for anyone..and its his duty to take away one's life when the time is up.

Yamraj says that he had to do is duty and that Markanday has to die..saying this he throws his YamPash on Markanday ,who runs away from the place...

Yama follows him.

Markanday reaches the place huge shivlinga is present and holds it very tight near to him.Then Markanday starts to recite the Mantra which he has exclusively written...

Om tryambaka? yajamahe sugandhi? pu??i-vardhanam
urvarukam iva bandhanan m?tyormuk?iya mam?tat

Again Yamraj throws his YamPash on Markanday this time it is strangles Markanday and Yamraj drags him from the Shiv linga n the child falls oon the ground.

As this happens the rope -YamaPAash is cut by Shiva's trishula..

The child recognizes that its SHiva n so does yamraj n they both pay there respect to him.

Markanday goes to Shiv and prays to give him long life...
Shiva replies that he himself has given him the vardan of short life.

But a smart Markanday counters that he has given that boon to his parents n not to him.

Markanday bargains that since he has done the tap he has a right for atleast one boon.

Shiva gets impressed by Markanday's wisdom n dutiful attitude towards his parents n gives him the boon of long life.

Yamraj objects to this and reminds him the rules of the nature n reasons Shiva's decisions.

Shiva says that he has to make it possible...
yamrraj sticks to his duty

Shuva asks him to have deeper n wider put look for Markanday's life n the purpose taht it is gonna be serving.

Shiv reminds Yamdev that to give anyone the boon of immortality is only vests with Tridev and that moment Shiva blesses Markanday the boon of immortality.

Yamraj agrees to this.

Shiva announces that the Mantra which Markanday has created will be known as Mrityunjay Mantr and who ever recites it will be free from untimely deaths."

Parvathi asks" If i recite the MahaMrityunjaya Mantr then my moter would live longer?"

Parvathi asks him the mantra

even before his completion of the mantra Parvathi starts reciting it...he gets remind of the Chandrma shrap fiasco

Precap:

Brhma dev is worried if Himvan doesn't give his connect over Shiv n Parvathi's wedding then i fera that the same situation is gonna occur as it was in the case of Daksh n Sati.

Sri Vishnu replies that they have to remind Himvan that Parvathi is just not only his daughter  but Adi Shakti herself.

Thanks for reading

Have a nice time
Regards

Sia

Edited by mnx12 - 10 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Ha, whoever said its gonna be frodo crossing to rivendall from LOTR1, dude please take a bow. you were bang on.

Okay, Mena's anti Shiv rant was cute before, now its irritating. And why the hell can't the actress playing her mena be a little soft spoken. Her screams burst my ear dream

did anyone notice the blooper? when mena falls down, choti parvati shouts mamma like we do instead of ma first time

And Yamraj is cool, i want a siggie of him.

other than that, pretty ok epi.

subha i agree with you, i think this girl, umm overacts a bit? or tries a little too hard to act all divine and stuff?
Edited by tannipartner - 11 years ago
I commented on the Markandeya story here in the Doubts & Discussions thread.

On the episode itself, this was one of the best looking Yama's I've ever seen.  Normally, he's supposed to be ugly and menacing.  The only thing they showed appropriate was a bit of soot starting before his appearance, and when he disappeared, he became soot again.

Mena being irked by Parvati's devotion to Shiva continues to irritate, but I agree w/ everything else she said.  How is she any safer in a rishi's ashram from the asuras - in those times, demons had no problems persecuting them, and Tarakasura was no exception.  And if her Adishakti powers are supposed to protect her, she could even do that in Himavan's kingdom.  Looks like the rishis just wanted to horn in on Parvati's time, which is really inappropriate behavior (had it not been fictional).

I do hope Mena & Parvati get back to Himavan b4 too long.  Oh, and resume the Indra Vritra wars so that we can see the end of Dadhichi.
Edited by .Vrish. - 11 years ago
what's with the lifeok youtube channel? πŸ˜• they still haven't updated with yesterday's episode let alone todays! Usually they are so on the ball!
Vrish, it's Mena not Meena.
Thanks for the update Sia😊
It was a better epi. The Markandeya rishi's story is very good. This MM mantra is slightly different then the usual one. Mahamrityunjaya stotra is very good to specially this line-" Chandrashekhar ma rakshayaati kim karisyati vay Yama."
What can Yama do to me when Chandrashhekhar himself, is protecting me.
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by narangi_77

what's with the lifeok youtube channel? πŸ˜• they still haven't updated with yesterday's episode let alone todays! Usually they are so on the ball!

thats why i don't depend on them, although i miss 720p or 480p but atleast i get to watch the epi
Originally posted by tannipartner

thats why i don't depend on them, although i miss 720p or 480p but atleast i get to watch the epi

How do you watch Tanni?
Originally posted by narangi_77

How do you watch Tanni?

there is a rival site which posts dvd q videos and also some shows 720p videos, i use that site, have been using since  quite some time.
Originally posted by mnx12

Vrish, it's Mena not Meena.
Thanks for the update Sia😊
It was a better epi. The Markandeya rishi's story is very good. This MM mantra is slightly different then the usual one. Mahamrityunjaya stotra is very good to specially this line-" Chandrashekhar ma rakshayaati kim karisyati vay Yama."
What can Yama do to me when Chandrashhekhar himself, is protecting me.

Mahamrityunjay strotra rocks. I learnt it in school, a hindu girl learnt the mahamrityunjay manthra in a catholic convent school. And people still think we are divided according to religion in India.
thanks! I think I know which site you mean. I also found another youtube channel that uploads DKDM...and thank heaven for that! I can mute Mena whenever she opens her mouth...πŸ˜†