Mytho Soaps and Shortforms

Posted: 11 years ago
Okay, here it is, I have watched a couple of shows but i always gets confused when people  write the name of other mytho shows in short forms. I really don't understand what show it is and which channel it was aired, to atleast grasp what was passing. Here is the proposal. lets put down all the mytho show names we discuss more often, their full name and the channel they were aired on. Such that novices like me, when we have trouble we can check back this thread.

@shruti/ minu: maybe you can add it up to the archives?

~~Mytho show Short form and Names~~

ASR: Aanad Sagar ramayan: aired on NDTV imagine from 2008-2010

DBSK: Dwarkadheesh Bhagwan Shree Krishna: aired on NDTV Imagine in 2011-2012

BRCM: B. R Chopra's Mahabharat:  aired on national telly during TV  satya juga, repeat telecast comes often in kaliyuga or in form of youtube darshan .

RSR: Ramanand Sagar Ramayan. also aired during TTv satyajuga, also in can seen in youtube.

ONS:  Om Namah Shivaya 

JJBB: Jai Jai bajrangbali    Sahara one 

JSK   Jai Shri Krishna-  colors channel
SK     (Ramanand Sagar's) Shri Krishna-  doordarshan, TV tretayug. can be found in youtube.

MS:   Maa Shakti, Star plus

Edited by tannipartner - 11 years ago
I think u shld put one short form for the new Ramayan as well!!
-Gauri

What do you mean BRCM and RSR were aired in satyayug?
Tanni,add one more name 2 da list.
BRCM-B.R.Chopra's Mahabharat
Jai Shri Krishna-JSK
(Ramanand Sagar's) Shri Krishna-SK

Originally posted by NandiniPS

What do you mean BRCM and RSR were aired in satyayug?

She said that they were aired in "TV Satyug"
RSR and BRCM were one of the first tv shows aired in India. They were aired on the channel Doordarshan, which was the only channel that existed at that time. (I know this because of my parents). Since this was the beginning of broadcasted entertainment in India, she referred to it as TV Satyug.
updated
BRC and ramanand sagar shows were already added

can you please post the timelines if you know? offcourse not for BRCM or RAR or SK
Maa Shakti - MS (Star plus)
Jai Shri Krishna was from 2008 to 2009
TV Kaliyug maybe?
And it was produced by Meenakshi Sagar (Ramanand Sagar's bahu), so it's a part of Sagar Pictures and not Sagar Arts like the others
Dwarkadheesh was a continuation of JSK by the same production house. JSK focused on Krishna's leelas in Gokul and ended shortly after Kans was killed. DBSK was everything after that.
i watched couple of DBSK epis, the initial ones were quite cool, priya looked so pretty as rukmini, why did she leave the show, shame but later on the show grew boring