Posted: 11 years ago

Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani - Aww it's such an adorable movie Ranbir and Katrina had great chemistry in this. 4.5.5

Zeitgeist the Movie

A documentary on religion and political conspiracies. Very interesting. Makes some great points. But also over the top at some points. A must see for conspiracy theory lovers.

6.5/10

Aisha

This is a highly unappreciated and underrated movie. I found the movie absolutely charming and adorable. Sonam Kapoor does a great job as the self absorbed and hapless matchmaker Aisha. She takes quite a snobbish unlikable character and plays it with sweetness, vulnerability and likability. It really is a feel good entertainer. I think Aisha's problem was that Indian entertainment sensibilities were not catered too. It tries to retrofit a Victorian England style plot into modern India without necessary adjustments. I plan to see Gwyneth Paltrow's Emma soon. Although, I think the best rendition of Emma will always be Clueless. I think Aisha may have been more successful if it had gone the teenage comedy route like Clueless.

7/10

Hotel Transylvania

A really cute, funny, charming family friendly fun movie. A lot of quirky monster characters, silly childish monster jokes and a heartfelt feel good warm story. I really liked Adam Sandler as Dracula.

7.5/10
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Lerman was fantastic. Brought out the depth of his character perfectly. Emma Watson was...well...Hermione-ish, sorry can't help it. Her acting, while decent, wasn't great enough to surpass her legendary on-screen image she's created. Pretty good teenage film, and didn't stray away from the book much either but some plots/charaacters were underdeveloped. Like the Buddhist girl Charlie goes out with, wasn't developed as she was needed (in the book you get a very clear picture of her character and Charlie's discomfort around her, in the movie the line was more blurry). I was satisfied with the Patrick-Brad angle, they didn't screw it up much from the book. As for Charlie's angst and introversion, Lerman did his part so well that it surpassed even the original material, I will say.

7.5/10

The Help - 8/10 - A decent-to-good adaption of the book, but glosses over many little details and subtle nuances that really "made" the book so touching. Many thematic ideas and symbolism were also lost. The film lacked many emotional touches, and turned many of its characters into complete caricatures (the book also portrayed the characters as pretty stereotypical and eccentric, for comic purposes, but unlike the book the film missed out their psychology to create well-rounded characters). Some of the comic scenes, unlike the book, was borderline annoying. The cast was its strength, with Viola, Octavia and Stone being the highlight, (Also the actress who played Hilly was fantastic, even if as a caricature). There were many scenes missing that they could have added, but then it's an adaption, it's not meant to be a copy-and-paste job of the book so yeah. Overall a fine movie but can't rate it higher after reading the book.
Akaash Vani: Very mediocre.. nothing great.. The girl was better than the main guy and the guy who played her husband was even better than her and I have seen him somewhere.. Not too sure where.. the songs are okayish the main guy Karthik needs much improvement and his English is umm weird 😕.. I mean no offence but there's this scene where he is very angry at the girl and says a long dialogue in English without breathing and I listened to it for 10 times atleast rewinding and rewinding.. Didn't get it for heck.. I have no clue what he says when he's talking in English.. anyways long story short.. a very ordinary movie 2/5

there you go he says it at 1:55 and I only get I'm sorry Vaani and then what does he say when he goes fast fast.. I mean what is it? 😕😆

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xas0P1shR4I[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by -ChillMahaul- - 11 years ago
"I am sorry Vani. I am sorry for my poor dialogue delivery!!!"

j/k 😆

He says: "I am sorry Vani. I am sorry I ever loved someone as gutless - as spineless - as you!"

I had to listen to it a few times too.

Edited by Kal El - 11 years ago

Son of sardaar

This film is quite beautiful, the story is interesting. But I was still boring to watch. Waiting for more!

3/5 

English Vinglish

Awsum Movie...
i Luv Sri Devi'z Way of Recognizing English...
very nYc Story...
Adoring Theme...
Tremendious Acting...
Beautiful Scenarios where Sri Devi... present Her Self az a Struggling Student ... who wana Make a Little Space in de Heart of Hiz HUBBY... n Wana Made her Children... Proud of her...by learning English..bcz itz de Basic Need of tht Society where they Live...
Fabulously Done...
👏
the Unique Story which i wana Watch Again n Again...
A Truly made fr Family Movie...totally Clean...
i think People should Learn frm ths Movie...tht If a Person wana Do sumthing Positively  by Heart n Soul...he or she Definitly Get Success... for Sure... :)

Edited by .-VeVaH-. - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Kal El

"I am sorry Vani. I am sorry for my poor dialogue delivery!!!"

j/k 😆

He says: "I am sorry Vani. I am sorry I ever loved someone as gutless - as spineless - as you!"

I had to listen to it a few times too.

KE, You are amazing.. How did you figure that out? 

Pullo, you are amazing for finding trailers of such movies 😆  
Originally posted by BullsEye777

KE, You are amazing.. How did you figure that out? 

Pullo, you are amazing for finding trailers of such movies 😆  

Kal a salute to you.. How did you figure that out.. buddy you're great.. ⭐️ After you said that I heard it again and still didn't get it..

Bullsie.. I liked them in pyaar ka punchnama so yeaahh..
😆

PS: I heard it again and now I get it.. *proud of myself*
Edited by -ChillMahaul- - 11 years ago
Originally posted by -ChillMahaul-

Kal a salute to you.. How did you figure that out.. buddy you're great.. ⭐️ After you said that I heard it again and still didn't get it..

Bullsie.. I liked them in pyaar ka punchnama so yeaahh..
😆

Chills, the secret to decode is to know the answer and then listen to it.. Guy speaks too fast and I really don't know how Kal understood it.

How is that movie? I remember it had mixed reviews and a poster of 3 girls/gals. And how come there is no discussion thread on Akaash Vaani? 😆 
Edited by BullsEye777 - 11 years ago