Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

A bunch of my friends made me watch it because they think it is the most awesome and best quotable movie ever. Granted it has funny moments. There is also a plethora of great one liners as well. But it is not my style of funny. I find Will Ferrell to be too crude and obnoxious for my taste. I found it a bit crass and over the top for my tastes.

Although, my favorite character in the movie was Steve Carrell's weatherman Brick Tamland. I found Brick sweet and funny.

4/10

Ruby Sparks

This is the kind of romantic comedy/drama that I thoroughly enjoy. Sweet well penned thoughtful scripts that are bittersweet, poignant, funny and make you think.

Ruby Sparks is the story of a lonely young writer Calvin whose dream girl character "Ruby Sparks" comes to life. Initially their romance is perfect and straight out of a fairy tale. However, with the passage of time the challenges of relationships settle in. Calvin is unable to handle the changes and starts trying to control Ruby's destiny through his writing. And that leads to more trouble and a lot of life lessons learned.

What really appeals to me about the movie is the writing nerd in me. While I'm no accomplished writer, I enjoy writing. I often find myself drawing inspiration from real life and trying to make things the way I wish they were. I do fall in love with characters I find to be perfect creations. So manifesting one into reality is something I can relate to.

The movie has some great understated acting and a great script that propels it through. Overall a beautifully done film. This is the kind of imaginative stuff good cinema and romance should be about.

8.5/10
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Aishh.

Exactly. When I saw the promos I was like Eehhh? He's the actor? The girl is waaay prettier than him but after watching the movie, I was like Wow! This guy can act!

I loved the one liners!

'I felt like how Sreeshant felt when he took Andrew Symonds' wicket' πŸ˜†

The one liners were good.. the comic timing of both the friends was great.. I liked the movie..😳

Priya: I totally agree he had the movie..

I also think it was a very intelligently made movie.. the girl didn't have alot of dialogues either and it was fine.. I found out it's made by Vineeth.. Pretty impressive..

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Emma

There is something about Jane Austen. I cannot stand to read her books as I find them frightfully dull, old fashioned and frumpy. However, for some reason movies based on her books are charming and delightful. I can watch every version of Pride and Prejudice and enjoy it despite the utter lack of zombies and gore. Mayhap, I am a closet Jane Austen fan.

Emma is another one of the typically English and endearing Jane Austen renditions. I'd go as far as to say, it is one of Austen's better storylines. It is not just a romance. The quirky characters and their nave antics make for a lighthearted story line with plenty of comedy of errors and funny moments. One of the memorable scenes for me is Emma's reaction to Mr. Elton's advances on her in the carriage. I found it hilarious.  Also funny is the cold war of glances and one liners between Emma and Mrs. Elton. I also liked Mr. Knightley's awkward proposal to Emma. My favorite character was Miss Bates and her cutely bumbling ways. A fun frothy film.

But I reassert, that the best take on Emma has to be Clueless. Alicia Silverstone is a class act. If you have not seen Clueless, I implore you to go see the film. It is a cinematic classic. Before Mean Girls and Easy A, the original sharp witty teenage comedy was Clueless. I think people will appreciate Sonam Kapoor and Aisha a lot more too if they watch Emma and Clueless.

8/10
Mama.

Interesting storyline. Amazing acting by the girls. A little low on horror but keeps you engaged throughout. Unlike "The Ring 2" this one has better narration of a similar concept. Spot-on videography and sound effects. Extremely sad and unconventional ending. Overall, an excellent movie. 

Rating: 4 stars.
aish. thumbnail
Koi Aap Sa

OMG AWWW<3 I LOVE this movie. It's so adorableee.!(: The whole friendship between the leads was so cutee!
Defo a 4/5

And gosh Aftab looked CUTEEE! I loved loved his character, Rohan!<3

The last scene was aww<3

Main tumse dho cheezein honestly kehna chahtha hoon.
Ek, jab main kehtha hoon ke mere aankhon mein kuch chala gaya iska yeh mathlab hai ki main actually ro raha hoon and second, I...I love youu.<3

^Cheesy, but I love it!😳
Edited by Aishh. - 11 years ago
Table #21 

Awesome Movie
Paresh Rawal At Its Best
Rajeev is also great πŸ‘ 
actress did good job too

overall great move 
1 time must watch 
4.3 / 5
Edited by Chikna_Mundaa - 11 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Dil Deke Dekho.

Shammi Kapoor was hilarious. Loved the bit when he acted as Professor SamriπŸ˜† and this was Asha Parekh's debut film. She was pretty good. Classic film.
VevaH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
English Vinglish

Awsum Movie...
i Luv Sri Devi'z Way of Recognizing English...
very nYc Story...
Adoring Theme...
Tremendious Acting...
Beautiful Scenarios where Sri Devi... present Her Self az a Struggling Student ... who wana Make a Little Space in de Heart of Hiz HUBBY... n Wana Made her Children... Proud of her...by learning English..bcz itz de Basic Need of tht Society where they Live...
Fabulously Done...
πŸ‘
the Unique Story which i wana Watch Again n Again...
A Truly made fr Family Movie...totally Clean...
i think People should Learn frm ths Movie...tht If a Person wana Do sumthing Positively  by Heart n Soul...he or she Definitly Get Success... for Sure... :)
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Recently saw ABCD and Special 26.

ABCD was disappointing in terms of storyline...I mean it had none.  If you saw the trailer you pretty much saw the entire movie. πŸ˜†

This movie I guess was supposed to also be a debut film of sorts for some great dancers like Dharmesh, Salman, Puneet, Prince, etc...  But the movie really had too many dancers in it to do justice to any one character...and only Puneet who played Chandu really stood out.

The movie does have mind-blowing dance in it...because in fact the star of this film is the dancing.

Special 26...I loved.  Excellent excellent excellent story...that leaves you guessing up until the end...and you still wind up being surprised. πŸ˜†

No action...just a battle of the wits...I highly reccommend it. πŸ‘πŸΌ
Edited by ummesulaiman - 11 years ago
Sadie.Saxton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted this in the ABCD reviews thread as well:

So I just watched it online, and I have so much to say!

***Might Contain Spoilers***
First off, there were parts missing and that bugged me, but there is no where in my area playing it and I really wanted to see it so I had no choice.
The storyline was weak, but honestly I don't care. It was cliched to the max but I loved it. The only thing I didn't like about the writing was that there were too many characters, and most of their stories weren't developed properly (I don't think they all even had names πŸ˜†). Inspiration from the Step Up series is obvious, but I liked ABCD better.
As actors, they all surprised me- in a good way- especially Dharmesh!! I did not think he would do even half as well as he did. Everyone was good, but Punit stood out- maybe it's because his character's story touched me, but he made himself stand out. I wish his character didn't die, because now there is no chance of him being in the sequel.
There were so many DID contestants that I lost track counting part way through. πŸ˜†
I liked Lauren as well- if I didn't know, I would have thought she knew Hindi, because her accent wasn't too bad, and she was good at the Indian dance styles too.
The dances were all AMAZING!! If you're a dance lover, you'll love it, and even if you're not the last scene will amaze you!
Other than the dance, I loved the whole friendship aspect. When there are two groups, and one of them is being taught the dance, the others sit outside the hall and watch and learn from afar, just because D doesn't want to go, and they don't go until he does.
There was one scene that I didn't like, and it's in the beginning of the movie with Dharmesh, Saajan and 2 others running away from the cops. It just looks like it was thrown in to justify the 3D aspect, because every 5 seconds there is someone jumping at the screen or something being thrown at the screen, and maybe it looks cool in 3D but watching it in 2D irritated me.