Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NST1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
sorry, everyone, but this Sati-Parvati meeting is total crap. Not because it couldn't happen, it's understandable, and possible in mytho shows that some form of deity meets the other. Parvati saw Aadi Shakti in Om namah Shivay, for example... what is bad about this meetin  - that Sati is shown completely human - "ghost" is a good name for it - soul who hasn't left every emotional commections behind... how it could be - she is Devi, giving moksha herself! completely illogical, and, as for me, very bad, because it misguides us in understanding Shiv-Shakti.

and fun part. there were talks about ratio behind this meenting -  that viewers would understand in the end that Sati and Parvati should be played by different actresses.  I have watched Tim Burtons "Dark Shadows" recently: there we have a heroine, young bride, who died 300 years ago, and her incarnation, living in contemporary times. this incarnation is seeing the ghost of this young bride and follows  her advice - and both of them are played by one and the same actress - so it's very very possible 🤣🤣🤣
NST1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: samana17

Dark shadows? Victoria winters and jossette🤣Well there she was depicted as a ghost, as a soul whom Vicky cud only see but not touch.

you mean "touching" is the borderline for director to decide, whether incarnation should be played by the same or different person?🤣🤣
Well it's very difficult to understand current Sati's ontological status - that's complete liberation of CV's imagination
unfortunately, they forget, that there are limits for imagination, after which plot becomes  badly elaborated and controversial, showing not creativity but poor taste only 
Edited by NST1983 - 11 years ago
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
to me it was just a stunt (not in very good taste at that)...

Although it made some folks happy 😊  I do hope they don't pull anything like this again. 

I hope they don't mess with these very important narratives  to suit the whims and fancies of audiences...that would be very unfortunate! But I guess this should not come as a surprise.  They've already been messing with the narrative, so what's stopping them from really pushing the envelope?! But I really didn't think they would go this far and put the myth at the mercy of TRPs! That's sad!
Edited by narangi_77 - 11 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail
Originally posted by: kkr531

It was really nice except fopr mena's screeching. I find it very believable that mena and himavan are unaware about who parvati is. Usually When God's come down to earth, as a part of their divine game  their parents remain ignorant of the truth once the child is born and their parental feelings overcome their devotion. And that is how it should be, else there would be no parenting. Would Yashoda and kanha have had so much beautiful leela if  she knew who he really was all the time? OR would Kaikeyi have sent rama to  banishment if she was completely aware all the time about who he really is? Even if they worship, get divine signs before the birth, once they are born, the divine children are after all their children.

I always wondered what happens when reincarnation meets it pasts life. Avatar : the last airbender played with it beautifully and i am glad Indian soaps are doing it too. Whether its authentic or not is another story, but even if it is copied, atleast it was copied well and in a good way. Much better than copiyng lord of the rings.

@bold
actually that is not the case, God is born only to people who are at higher level of consciousness
and have achieved some reasonable kind of sense, Honestly aadishakti would not born to a person who would call Shivji as Bairagi etc etc.

Even some times if such persons are overcome by parental feelings eventually they donot continue in that mode. even in case of Daksh he was not so idiotic as portrayed by CVs. In case of mena they show her swearing of her death for an act of 11 years old child. do you really call that parental love. we can understand such behavior from some ordinary mortals but from parents of aadi shakti thats unexpected.

Mena objected to parvati' s marraige to shivji but immediately realized her mistake and asked for forgiveness of shivji after she was enlightened about shivji. there is fine line between showing parental love and that portrayal extending to the extent of abusing shivji

Honestly the abuse of shivji has been going on since the start of serial, it reached unbearable levels in sati's saga. They are continuing in parvati's saga too. is it reasonable to do do in the show named as devon ke dev mahadev and that too for the sake of Drama.

They cut down the part of Nanda vrat part in sati track giving more importance to love part rather than Devotion and by the way things are going they will show 300 hundred years of parvati's penance which is very important part of the story to may be one episode as mena will not get convinced until upto the day of marraige itself.

regards
Krishna

Even then, I think the Vatsalya ras usually overcomes their bhakti or gyan once the baby is born.
 And offcourse I agree to  rest of your second post  to the T. The show is stretching  creative license to a level of abuse for the sake of drama. Even wikipidea data are edited by someone in a wrong way. I suppose they fired old pair of cvs and hired the sagar ones🥱
Edited by tannipartner - 11 years ago