!! Asur Appreciation !!

whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey folks,

I have been thinking that the poor asurs of DKDM get no love from us! πŸ˜† It's really unfair!

I for one, really like Tarakasur [pyaar se, TAKI πŸ˜†] (and the actor playing him). Day in, day out, he busies himself with useless plots to get rid of Sati and soon, Parvati. His evil laugh. The hope and gleam in his eyes when one of his asur cronies shows up to wreak havoc...the disappointment when the plan fails...πŸ˜”  I for one appreciate his perseverance and determination. πŸ‘ lage raho Tarakasur!

Poor guy is also stuck in a frankly god-awful kingdom/palace...with volcanoes going off in the background and really poor lighting. No wonder the poor guy wants to move ! I can understand that - after being stuck in a crappy apartment for 3 months I was desperate to move!  What I don't understand is why he wants to move to Swarg. Frankly, swarg is no heaven πŸ˜‰ with all the pastel colors, the dim lighting, and the clouds getting in your face everywhere...I would go nuts! It's tooo 80s!  But, hey what can I say, the heart wants what it wants! The grass is always greener etc...Maybe he just needs a new interior decorator? To me Kailash is the best pad ever! 
Mahadev has it made!

Anyway, before this turns into a long discussion of interiors...

Shout out also for  Shukracharya. Do you guys remember the episode when Daksh pretends to call Mahadev to a sabha for reconciliation and then proceeds exclude him from the sacrifice? While everyone else was standing around incompetently and wringing their hands and looking shocked, only Shukracharya stood up to Daksh. Not to mention colluding with Prithvi to protect the Shakti peeths...he's a STAND-UP guy! He IS the guru of the asurs...but hey, that's his day job...he's got to do what he's got to do...πŸ˜†

Add your thoughts friends! 

Who is your favorite Asur?

Let's not neglect our Asur friends, without whom Mahadev would never get the chance to show us his stuff!  πŸ˜‰

Here are the cast pages for Tarakasur (TAKI) and Shukracharya. Please do leave your appreciation for the fine performances!

Edited by narangi_77 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hey, do you feel weird that the Asurs don't have those huge mustaches and beards as in the old mytho shows? They are supposed to look hideous, right? They're demons! They actually look pretty good in the modern Greek style outfits!
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Oh, and Tarkasur is the Kans of Jai Shri Krishna! His name is Raj Premi. Itna pyaarasa naam hai, lekin hamesha role milta hai rakshas ka!
shubhika124 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
LMAO 🀣

Mira!!! πŸ˜†

Will edit my comment soon 😳
Edited by shubhika124 - 11 years ago
whatthewhat thumbnail
Originally posted by: RadhaHiBawari

Hey, do you feel weird that the Asurs don't have those huge mustaches and beards as in the old mytho shows? They are supposed to look hideous, right? They're demons! They actually look pretty good in the modern Greek style outfits!

Remember how hideous the heroes of the old mytho shows used to be?! πŸ˜†

Thank heaven that had changed!

By the same token, I like the fit and updated demons...πŸ˜ƒ

Why should we stay with the simplistic assumption that if you're evil then you also must be ugly? 
Leads to a million logical fallacies IMO! 

Edited by narangi_77 - 11 years ago
kkr531 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Asurs are not that bad as shown in almost all Indian mythologicals. after all they are just trying to expand their kingdom by subjugating others.

they are also very determined people, unlike devtas they do penance for thousands of years to get anything they want.

I really like them because most of them are devotees of shivji.

My favorite asur is " Ravansur"

a great shiv bhakt and author of shiva tandava stotra.

regards
krishna
Edited by kkr531 - 11 years ago
sukhi... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
SUPERB post Mira...πŸ‘ I"ll comment later...
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Awww 😳 that brings back such sweet memories from our Ramayan forum days, when we had a fan club for Ravan, Kumbhakarna and Indrajeet.

Here are 300 pages of non stop laughs (although a lot of the pics have been eroded over time due to Tinypic 🀒  But hey, highlight of that club was that Praphulla Pandey, who played Indrajit, even once dropped in for a chat - on 2 separate days.  It was like, heaven, er a heaven conquered by rakshashas, 😈 but heaven all the same. πŸ˜†

Enjoy!
Edited by .Vrish. - 11 years ago
whatthewhat thumbnail
Originally posted by: RadhaHiBawari

Oh, and Tarkasur is the Kans of Jai Shri Krishna! His name is Raj Premi. Itna pyaarasa naam hai, lekin hamesha role milta hai rakshas ka!

🀣 πŸ€£ πŸ€£

Need to check him out as Kans...I LOVE him as Tarakasur πŸ˜†
whatthewhat thumbnail
Originally posted by: samana17

Oh my fav Asur? Of course Tarkasur "Huhuhuhahahaha" classic laugh.

And Thanks Mira for the post. We should open an AT for the asurs. After all they created universe's first missileπŸ˜†, they were the reason for first and numerous other shiv saving sati events😳and sati experienced her aadishakti form because of them!πŸ˜†
But I hate them for one reason..they always came in between shiv-sati romantic scenes...I hope they dont do that with shiv-parvati!
Otherwise they rockπŸ˜†We need them to spice things up a little!🀣

But Samana my dear...they brought Shiv-Sati together...if they weren't so intent on killing Sati, Mahadev wouldn't have to rescue her so often! πŸ˜‰ Remember that tornado demon? πŸ˜†