ll~l*Adaalat Articles Archive - No Comments!*l~ll - Page 4

Posted: 10 years ago
TV actors talk about quitting their shows: Real or fake?

Recent times have seen TV actors talk about quitting their shows. Are they serious? Or is it a publicity gimmick? Or just a tactic for a pay hike?

When a telly show's lead actor or actress announces his/her exit, it puts the very future of the show at stake. But more often than not, such threats have turned out to be gimmicks — either to garner immediate attention or for a fatter pay packet. While there have been instances of actors genuinely wanting to bid adieu to their shows — no matter how rare they are — an announcement to quit is always seen with suspicion. So, is it for money or for real? We look at some recent examples.

Ronit Roy
Ronit Roy recently said, "I will see if I want to continue with Adaalatafter returning from my month-long shoot of a movie in Thailand." But a few days later, the actor had a change of heart and told the media that he would resume shooting for the show once he returns to Mumbai. He insisted thatthe rumours about him quitting were baseless. By the end of it all, we are so confused we don't know what to believe.
Sunaina Gulia, Puneet Vashisth & Lilliput in Adaalat

Sunaina Gulia, Puneet Vashisth & Lilliput in Adaalat

Get ready to witness a star studded episode of Contiloe Telefilms' Adaalat aired on Sony Entertainment Television. 

The upcoming episodes of the show will star popular TV actors Sunaina Gulia of Dill Mill Gayye fame, Puneet Vashisth and veteran actor Lilliput. 

Sources inform that the story will be two episodes special and will revolve around the rivalry and competition between two magicians. Apparently, during one of the magic competitions things go wrong and advocate KD Pathak steps in to solve the mystery. Sunaina Gulia, will play the role of Ishika whereas Puneet Vashisth and Lilliput play magicians. 

When contacted, Sunaina said, "Yes, I am doing the show and it's a nice story which has mystery, thriller angle to it. It's a very different story and I enjoy doing such roles. Today is the first day of shooting and I am having a great time working on the show." 

Actor Lilliput too confirmed his participation and said, "The story is very interesting but I can't reveal anything about it. All I can say at this point of time is that our director is really good and he's doing a great job. We are shooting currently for the show and I am happy being a part of Adaalat."

Ronit Roy 'declines anchoring offer' for The Bachelorette India on Life OK

Ronit Roy

Summary: Life OK wanted to use this particular facet of Ronit Roy and apparently approached him to anchor the show, The Bachelorette India – Mere Khayalon Ki Mallika wherein the sexy damsel Mallika Sherawat gets on a journey of finding her Mr. Right. Yes, you heard it right!! Like the earlier seasons wherein Hiten Tejwani and Ram Kapoor proved to be the perfect hosts for the show, the channel were in talks with Ronit and they had pinned high hopes of getting him on board. However, the grapevine now has it that Ronit tried his best to accommodate his dates, but could not really manage to do so.

Yash Dasgupta in Sony TV's Adaalat

Yash Dasgupta who was part of the Balaji Telefilms' show Bandini gets yet another opportunity to share screen space with the class actor Ronit Roy in Sony Entertainment Television's court room thriller Adaalat, produced by Contiloe Telefilms. In other words, K.D. Pathak, essayed by Ronit comes to the rescue of Sikandar Khan, essayed by Yash Dasgupta. The story revolves around a troupe which excels in performing stunts at various events. Sikandar Khan is the ruffian in the troupe, who gets into a verbal confrontation with everyone at the drop of a hat. He falls in love with the main girl in the troupe, but she does not reciprocate the same feelings and this angers the man inside him. He threatens to kill her, if she does not accept him in her life. The very next day, the girl is found dead and that is when Sikandar gets arrested for the murder he has not committed It is up to K.D. to save the man in the court. This particular episode will be aired very soon.

Adaalat to offer eerie episodes in the weekend

Summary: Supernatural shows are catching up on Indian television and garnering good numbers, which is why even Sony TV's Adaalat (Contiloe Entertainment) will offer you eerie episodes this weekend. K.D.Pathak (Ronit Roy) while journeying through the forested regions of Madhya Pradesh will stumble upon a spooky experience. He will hear that a dayan (witch) creates havoc there. A group of school kids are camping in this ominous forest. Soon a murder is committed in the woods. Is this really the work of a dayan or of a human being? K.D Pathak will be solving this case.
Falaq Naaz in Adaalat

Falaq Naaz in Adaalat

Beautiful and talented Falaq Naaz aka Tara of Sony Entertainment Television's 'Dekha Ek Khwaab' has been signed by the makers (Contiloe Telefilm's) of Adaalat for an episodic of Adaalat. 

The episode will also feature TV actor Yash Dasgupta in the lead role.

Sources inform that the plot of the show revolves around a Circus troupe which performs various dare devil stunts at events. However, the story takes an interesting turn when Yash Dasgupta's character Sikandar Khan one of the members of the troupe gets accused of a murder. Falaq, who plays the role of female lead and Yash's love interest Gul decides to seek KD's ( Ronit Roy) help. The shooting for the show has already been done and the episode will be aired soon. 

When contacted, Falaq said, "Yes, I am doing the show and I am playing an interesting role but I can't anything on my role." 
Ekta Tiwari, Rajesh Puri & Sameer Kakkar in Adaalat

Ekta Tiwari, Rajesh Puri & Sameer Kakkar in Adaalat

The upcoming episode of Contiloe Telefilm's court room drama Adaalat aired on Sony Entertainment Television will feature some of the known actors of TV industry like Ekta Tiwari, Rajesh Puri and Sameer Kakkar.

Sources inform that the episode revolves around a musician who gets killed and his wife is the prime accused of his murder. The role of the musician's wife will be played by Ekta Tiwari of Star Plus' Tere Mere Sapne fame while veteran actor Rajesh Puri will play the role of the public prosecutor and Sameer Kakkar of Nukkad fame will be seen as the famous musician's mentor. 

When contacted, Ekta said, "Yes, I am doing an episodic of Adaalat and it's an interesting role to play. I have done couple of episodes of Adaalat in the past and it's always nice working with the team of Adaalat." 

Tushar Dalvi & Melissa Pais in Adaalat

Tushar Dalvi & Melissa Pais in Adaalat

Contiloe Telefilm's Adaalat has been successfully entertaining viewers with interesting storyline and some extra-ordinary performances. 

The courtroom drama aired on Sony Entertainment Television will feature TV actorsTushar Dalvi last seen in Khamoshiyaan and Melissa Pais of Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo fame. 
Sources inform that both the actors will be seen in different episodes. Melissa will play the role of Lisa, a personal secretary and the story will revolve around a murder mystery. Melissa's character will have mysterious shades to it and her boss will be accused of murdering his wife whereas, Tushar will play the role of Publicprosecutor Salgaonkar who is very confident and thinks big of himself. 

When contacted, Tushar said, "Yes, I am doing the show and it's a really interesting character. I have worked with Rajesh Ranshinge (The director of Adaalat) before so it was a nice experience working with him again. I am having a great time shooting with Mr. Roy, Romit Raj and the cast and crew of Adaalat." 

Melissa confirmed the news.

Romit Raj 'feels blessed' to be in the company of Ronit Roy in Adaalat

Shifting from a daily soap drama to a courtroom thriller is a cakewalk for one artist who leaves no stone unturned in showcasing his acting potential.

We are talking about Romit Raj, who has earlier done daily soaps like Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyaan and Maayka - Saath Zindagi Bhar Ka. Currently, he is seen essaying the role of Varun in Sony Entertainment Television's Adaalat in which he plays KD's (Ronit Roy) assistant.

Journalists called up this handsome actor and asked him to share his experience working in this Contiloe Entertainment show. "Well, I love answering this query. It so happened that I got a call from Contiloe Entertainment Pvt. Ltd saying that they want to see Romit Raj with Ronit Roy together on television. These words were like one from heaven to my ears. I am really a very big fan of Ronit and wanted to work with him since long. As a matter of fact, I am even willing to share screen space with Shekhar Suman who is one my favourites," shares Romit.

Similar to his on-screen character in Adaalat, Romit listens to every single advice given to him by the elder actor. "Very minute detailing from Ronit Da helps me grow as an actor and I learn different aspects of acting as well," the younger actor quips.

Ronit is like an acting institution for Romit. The latter's character has been shown in different shades in Adaalat, something which is usually very unseen and unnoticed on television. Romit believes more into quality than quantity. A cameo can make him happy if it carries weightage in terms of pure acting.

So what more has he to share from his life, "After marriage, I was sitting home for around nine months; that was very depressing but my wife Tina had faith in me and when the Adaalat offer came my way, it was like life always has a better plan for you."

Romit says that come what may, he will not leave television and get into films "because working for just one film and disappearing for a long period is not what I want," he avers.

Dr Ved Thappar and Anurag Sharma to be seen in Adaalat!

One more exciting and thrilling episode to engulf in Adaalat.

Friday, June 07, 2013 | 4:31:09 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   1 Comments  |  1336 Views

Adalaat on Sony TV has always solved the cases irrespective of how much ever tough the cause may have been. While Ronit Bose Roy essays the role of autocratic lawyer Romit Raj plays the Assistant lawyer to Ronit.

The show always focuses on giving justice with required proofs.

Our source informs us that, "This time the episodic has roped in a public prosecutor who always helps and talks in favor of both the parties - the defensive lawyer as well the accused lawyer. Dr Ved Thappar who was last seen in Laagi Tujhse Lagan on Colors as well as in Raja Aur Rancho and was also earlier part of Adaalt on Sony TV  has been roped in to play the role of a public prospector."

The episode deals with a murder mystery of a wife wherein the husband is accused of the murder.The role of the husband will be played by Anurag Sharmaa who was seen in Pavitra Rishta on Zee TV.

When we contacted Dr Ved Thappar he confirmed the news saying, "It's a nice role wherein I am playing the role of a public prospector. It is a very strong role."