ll~l*Adaalat Articles Archive - No Comments!*l~ll - Page 6

Posted: 10 years ago
Weekend TV hits similar notes

Weekends are not lacklustre anymore! General entertainment channels have ensured that viewers have a diverse programming platter to choose from — dance and music reality shows, stand up comedy, crime thrillers, fictional soaps and Bollywood blockbuster premieres. The only snag: most of them are aired on the same time band on rival channels!

Crime pays rich dividends
It's a given that crime is a big TRP-tripper. Case in point: 'CID', 16 years old and still going strong, banking on the presence of Shivaji Satam and his co-actors has single-handedly given its broadcast channel the GRPs it requires to make it among the top three GECs week after week. The Ronit Roy starrer 'Adaalat' is slated for a complete revamp, while 'Har Yug Mein Aayega Ek Arjun' has introduced user-friendly nuggets for viewer post the show, on how to cope with crime in real life. 'Hum Ne Li Shapath' has just undergone a cast revamp, while 'Crime Patrol' consistently notches up high TRPs even without a prominent star cast.

Even though a major chunk of the audience comprises homemakers, a wider spectrum of viewers switch to television for entertainment on weekends, which explains the unusual programming mix. What's surprising however is, most GECs are airing similar genre shows at the same time band? Doesn't it lead to cannibalisation of viewership? Ashish Golwalkar, non-fiction head of a GEC shares, "Post IPL every channel is trying to present its best entertaining option to bring the audience back. All GECs have their own targets to achieve and this is the right time for it. "

Producer Vipul D Shah says, "In India we have limited options in weekend shows. Whichever genre works is likely to see takers who follow the trend. We look at it as healthy competition."

For GECs everything's fair in the TRPs war, even if it means similar programming format on same time bands!

Happy Birthday Srman Jain!

Its paty time for Srman Jain as he celebrates his birthday with his friends tonight!

Monday, July 01, 2013 | 7:08:46 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   61 Comments  |  2532 Views

Srman Jain who is seen in Sony TV'sChhanchhan and will start shooting forAdaalat soon is simply enjoying the day today... reason being its his birthday today.

TellyBuzz decided to speak to him about his birthday plans...

My birthday celebrations begun at midnight – "I was having my dinner last night and my friends came over to wish me and gave me a surprise visit. Sargun Mehta whom I consider my sister had planned everything for my birthday, however Ravi Dubey couldn't come as he was busy with his shoot.

My birthday was full of fun –" I got up today morning at 11 am, and since then I am simply unwrapping my gifts.

Your most memorable birthday – "It was last to last year when my parents had come over to Mumbai and my team of Saas Bina Sasural was also there. They had got cakes, and I was simply cutting cake every hour. It was one of my most memorable gift. Moreover, the spot boy of Saas Bina team gifted me a Parker pen which I haven't used and kept it with me and for me it is the most special and precious gift as he earns in a month what we actors earn in a day, so for me his gift is priceless."

Gifts that I got on my birthday – "My friends are doing  interiors of my home, and that's one of the best gift that I am expecting. Sargun is painting the walls, so its like I am eagerly waiting to get inside the house."

My childhood related birthday memories – "There are too many, with parents and their warmth of love."

Plans to treat friends from the industry – "Yes, I am treating my friends, Sargun, Ravi and many more.."

TellyBuzz team wishes Srman a very happy and joyful birthday!

Srman Jain calls it quits in Chhanchhan?

Well with three shows coming to him one after another, Srman Jain chose Adaalat and Saas Bina Sasural over Chhanchhan.

Friday, July 05, 2013 | 7:00:00 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   317 Comments  |  17653 Views

Srman Jain who is seen in Chhanchhan on Sony Tv is part of Chanchhan's (Sanaya Irani) family now that Chhanchhan and Manav (Anuj Sachdeva) have got married has taken a sudden decision to quit the show. 

Since Srman has limited role to play in Chhanchhan now, and also the fact that he has been roped in to play a pivotal role in Aadaalt on the same channel as well as in the upcoming Saas Bina Sasural season 2 has been the deciding factors for this decision.

Our source informs us that, "Srman will be seen in Adaalat soon along with Prena Wanvari who was last seen in Parichay on Colors. Prena Wanwari and Srman Jain will be brought in the Adalaat camp only after KD Pathak (Ronit Bose Roy) will see them investigating a nearby murder.This will give KD Pathak an insight that these two young guns can prove to be a boon and will also help resolving the case."

The source further went on to say, "Srman who is also seen in Chhanchhan will quit the show as he doesn't have much to do in the show."

When contacted Srman Jain he said, "I have no clue about the track of Chhanchhan but guess I have dates left with me, so after doing Saas Bina Sasural and Aadlaat if I get time I shall continue with Chhanchhan as I can't say no to Optimystix."

Srman you are seriously one lucky lad with three shows in the pipeline!

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/15682-srman-jain-calls-it-quits-in-chhanchhan.htm

Eight soaps in revamp mode

It seems to be makeover season for primetime dailies. Hindi GECs have hit on a smarter formula to revive sagging storylines of existing soaps and giving them a longer airtime (and better TRPs) by introducing new characters (and turning one into a main protagonist), sprucing up current story tracks (may be a leap forward in time or even backward), changing the 'look' of the show protagonists (and even replacing stars who can't deliver TRPs from the show altogether). After all in the numbers game, a show is only as good as its weekly TRPs! 

Adaalat
Revamp recipe: Change is the only constant, even for courtroom dramas aired on weekends. After enjoying immense popularity and decent TRPs in the weekend band for two years, Adalat's added a supernatural flavour to every episode and has been recently renamed KhauffKiAdalat.Actors Prerna Vanvari and Smran Jain have been roped in as the new assistants of the legal eagle KD Pathak (Ronit Roy).

Jayshree Soni to feature in Sony TV's Adaalat

Summary: After essaying an ailurophobic character (afraid of cats) in Zee TV's Fear Files (Esselvision), Jayshree Soni has bagged yet another opportunity to showcase her talent in Sony Entertainment Television's court room drama, Adaalat (Contiloe Telefilms). In Adaalat, Jayshree will play a girl who has this habit of stealing things wherever she goes (Kleptomania). She is rich, has all the luxuries in life, but invariably ends up stealing stuff. Her husband is a renowned reporter who gets caught in a major problem when someone notices his wife stealing a costly perfume at a mall; this is when the guy starts to blackmail the reporter. A major setback arrives when the blackmailer gets killed, and the reporter gets arrested on charge of the murder. The onus now lies on the popular lawyer K D Pathak (Ronit Roy) to defend the accused and bail him out of his problems.

Fevicol ke jod actors -The Dependables

Fevicol ke jod actors? What's that? You all must be thinking?

Well, our television industry abounds with many talented and veteran actors. In a time when shows are going off air in a jiffy, there are some which are ruling the roost for many years now.

Yes, content is the reason…but there is one more good thing that has led to the success of the shows.

The actors…who like pillars…have been a constant support for years together now.

Yes, Time has become very fickle now with young actors opting in and out of projects in quick succession.

Next on the list is suave and sophisticated Ronit Roy aka KD Pathak of Sony Entertainment Television's Adaalat (Contiloe Entertainment), who is seen as the unconventional lawyer, solving the toughest cases and serving justice in the show.

Ronit, who is unstoppable and enthralling, has always entertained his fans and viewers with a perfect combination of acting, humor and stage presence.

TV stars dream of making it as big as the actors who are currently ruling Bollywood. The chhota screen stars can only envy their big screen counterparts in terms of the fees they get, the adulation from the audiences and the numbers they register at the box-office (unless they move to Hollywood). Although some of the male actors on television are very popular, when it comes to understanding who is the Aamir Khan of TV, or Akshay Kumar of the idiot box, most people draw a blank. Who is no 1, 2, 3? Who are the top 10? Difficult to answer... So we decided to make it simple. Here we take a look at small-screen heroes who can be the perfect counterparts to the filmi superstars...

Shah Rukh Khan 
Ram Kapoor

Physically, there's nothing remotely common between the two superstars. While Shah Rukh Khan is extremely conscious about his fitness, Ram Kapoor has given himself a wide berth, literally and figuratively. And yet, he is TV's most loved romantic hero spanning generations. Whether it was the squeaky clean loverboy of Ghar Ek Mandir, the intense brooding lover of Kasam Se or the earnest suitor in Bade Acche Laggte Hain, Ram has been revisiting the romantic avatar with regularity and successfully. 

And, like SRK who has created chemistry with almost every heroine he has paired with, Ram too has sizzled with his co-stars. Not only that, like King Khan, Ram too has been a big hit as a host. From Rakhi Ka Swayamvar to Welcome Baazi Mehmaan Nawaazi Ki, Ram has hosted a variety of shows and won viewers with his ready wit and charm.

Ram Kapoor says, "It's probably the biggest compliment I have got so far. Shah Rukh is a big star, the ambassador of the industry. I never take my career too seriously. It's a blessing that I am doing well and that is something to be cherished. I hate thinking of myself as a star because then you stop growing."

Ranbir Kapoor 
Vivian Dsena 

Good looking with a great screen presence and charisma, Vivian Dsena has to be the Ranbir Kapoor of the small screen. The Kapoor lad did not become a star overnight and neither hasVivian. After a few outings in serials like Kasam Se, Vivian got noticed with his vampire act inPyaar Ki Yeh Ek Kahaani. This serial based on the Twilight series got Vivian a lot of female fans. RK too has a huge female fan follwing. While Vivian's marriage to Vahbbiz Dorabjee has not made him less desireable to the ladies, the same applies to RK and Katrina. 

Vivian is currently riding the popularity wave (like RK post Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani) in Madhubala making a great pair with Dhrashti Dhami. The duo have some intense scenes and their crackling chemistry all but sets the screen on fire, much like Ranbir and Deepika Padukone. It's just the beginning, and Vivian is surely a lambi race ka ghoda!      

Vivian says, "I take it as a compliment. I like Ranbir's films. He is passionate about his work and it reflects in his performance. I also believe in working hard and in giving my best to my role."

Aamir Khan 
Ronit Roy

If Aamir Khan is said to have the Midas touch when it comes to choosing his films, Ronit Roy has one with his TV shows. If Aamir has no qualms about experimenting with his looks for his characters, neither has Ronit. From playing a grey-haired, suave, stylish businessman and father to three children in his debut Kasauti Zindagi Kay to sporting a moustached look in Bandini, Ronit has experimented with his characters and look in every serial. 

While most of his contemporaries shied away from hosting a cookery show, he hosted Kitchen Champions and set the ball rolling for others. Now, though the actor is busy with films, he is still ruling the small-screen with his outing as the peculiar but witty lawyer KD Pathak in Adalat. And yes, like Aamir, Ronit is known to be a perfectionist.

Ronit says, "Considering the fact that I have been with Aamir Khan in 2000 (as his bodyguard), I can only be very proud. He is my guide and teacher and I think somewhere the way I choose my roles is influenced by him. After all, what you learn remains in your subconscious. And yes, I am all for experimentation."

Hrithik Roshan 
Mohit Raina

Straight nose, a chiselled jawline, six-pack abs — in short the perfect physique. He has a huge fan following that ranges from seven-year-old girls to 85-year-old grandparents who are happy just to catch a glimpse of him! Which actor comes to your mind? Hrithik Roshan? Mohit Raina aka Mahadev? Both wouldn't be wrong. If Mohit is playing Shiva in Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, Hrithik is said to be playing the Godly role in the film adaptation of Amish Tripathi's Immortals of Meluha. Like Hrithik, Mohit is also a good dancer trained in jive and hip-hop. For his role, he also learnt Kathak. Mohit is so popular that he recently even played a double role in the serial that got huge ratings. Hrithik, on the other hand, had played a double role right in his debut film Kaho Na Pyaar Hai and became an overnight sensation. Need we say more?   

Producer Nikhil Sinha says, "Mohit Raina is a dedicated and hard working actor. He's got into at least 70 get-ups by now and he has lot of patience. As a person he is still very rooted despite the success and huge fan following..."

Salman Khan - Karan Singh Grover

Smooth-talker, charmer, brat – these are just a few adjectives preceding the Television hottie Karan Singh Grover. Add to it, his blow hot, blow cold relationship with the media and the mega muscles and Karan becomes the ideal candidate to be the Salman Khan of the small-screen. Karan is a self-confessed die-hard fan of Salman. Taking inspiration from his idol, Karan is heavily into body building and loves to flaunt it whenever he gets an opportunity. He's had a successful career and for the longest time was remembered for his outing as the fun-loving Dr Armaan Malik in Dill Mill Gaye. He is currently riding the wave of popularity as the anguished lover Asad in Qubool Hai.

Producer Gul Khan says, "Karan is a thorough gentleman, very sensitive and understanding. I think he has been misunderstood by the media. An extremely cooperative actor, he is a joy to work with. Apart from his penchant for body building I will have to think about similarities in Karan and Salman."

Akshay Kumar – Siddharth Shukla
His personality, height and sporty demenour remind you of Akshay Kumar. What's more he's also a fitness freak just like the Khiladi. Siddharth Shukla aka Shiv of Balika Vadhu is the TV heartthrob thanks to his charming smile and twinkling eyes, something that he shares with Akshay. However, Siddharth hasn't exactly had a great beginning. He did two serials before Balika Vadhu catapulted him to fame. 

And now with his rocking dance performances in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, the actor is proving he has a Bollywood hero hidden in him!

Siddharth says, "I always liked the Khiladi star. The fact that Akshay followed martial arts made him macho. The best thing about the star is he's got a phenomenal comic timing. I also try and do martial arts but I am more into working out and weight training. Like Akshay I also try and rise early every day."

Ajay Devgn — Anas Rashid
One look at Anas Rashid who is playing Sooraj in Diya Aur Baati Hum and you know he is the Ajay Devgn of TV.  Intense and brooding. there's something in his eyes that rivets you. Sincere, earnest and passionate, they convey a lot with a look, just like Ajay's. Devgn is known to be a prankster  on the sets. Anas' colleagues have the same thing to say about him. Like his big screen counterpart, he also plays pranks on his unsuspecting co-stars. Anas' Sooraj loves his wife Deepika so much that though he is illiterate he does all he can to fulfil his wife's dream of becoming an IAS officer. Reminds you of Ajay's selfless character in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, right?

Anas says, "While complimenting me for my role, many people compare me to Ajay. Even I loved his character, which is similar to mine. Initially, you underestimate the character but later he walks away with all the sympathy and empathy."

Working with Ronit Roy is great: Kamal Chaturvedi

Working with Ronit Roy is great: Kamal Chaturvedi

Handsome and suave Kamal Chaturvedi has come a long way into television. Choosing a perfect and interesting character is what he prefers rather than just taking up any role for sake of it.

"I always prefer quality work than quantity and hence episodic series are something I end up acting in," said Kamal. Kamal has acted invarious episodes of Crime Patrol, Savdhaan India-India Fights Back, Adaalat to name a few. 

Kamal will be again seen on Sony Entertainment Television's Adaalatsharing screen space with Ronit Roy. Talking about Ronit Roy, he further said, "Working with Ronit Roy is great. Each actor has its own typicality. Some are famous for their looks, some are known for their styles, some become famous for their hard work. Working with Ronit Roy is a learning experience. But I feel character is the most important aspect for any actor. Once you have a good role to play, you can bloom the character with your input." Before Adaalat, he had earlier worked with Ronit Roy in a Star One's show, produced by Sphere Origin. 

When asked about why the actor give importance to episodic series and not a continue role? He shared, "I love dubbing and due to my liking towards it I dub films. So it becomes difficult to manage both together. So I normally prefer episodic rather than full fledged roles." 

So does this means you will never turn towards a daily soap? "No, it's not like that. I get busy with voice sync so I don't get time to give it to any daily soap which is time consuming. But if some good role come my way I will definitely think on it and obviously Bollywood is every actor's dream," he adds.

Alok Narula in Adaalat

Alok Narula in Adaalat

After playing the challenging role of a man who is possessed by a girl's spirit in Fear Files, TV actor Alok Narula is all set to play a tough role yet again in Sony Entertainment Television's courtroom drama Adaalat produced by Contiloe Telefilm's.

Sources inform that Alok will this time essay the character of a mentally challenged man who behaves like a two year old. The story will revolve around a murder mystery and Alok is expected to start shooting for the show from today (6 August 2013). 

When contacted, Alok said, "Yes, I am doing the show but I can't divulge anything about my character. All I can say at this point of time is that the role I will be playing is very challenging and I am trying to experiment with different roles." 

Romit Raj is 'overwhelmed' with the reaction of his fans on Varun's death in Adaalat

Loyal fans of Sony Entertainment Television's court room thriller Adaalat (Contiloe Telefilms) were in for a rude shock recently with the death of Varun, KD's closest aide. Romit Raj, who essayed the role of Varun had a great on screen chemistry going with the talented actor Ronit Roy (KD). And this sudden twist has simply stunned fans, so much so that they have been bombarding mails to the channel as well as production house to bring back Varun from the dead!!!

Romit Raj who is sitting on the sidelines watching the reactions of his fans is overwhelmed as an actor, and credits his Dada (Ronit Roy) for all the appreciation and fan following that he has bagged today for his character of Varun in Adaalat.

Says Romit, "It gives me immense satisfaction as an actor when there are people who are crying their hearts out at the sudden death of Varun. I am gratified with the kind of mails that I have been getting over the last few days. There are girls who say they have wept quite a lot on seeing Varun's death. I will have to thank Dada for teaching me every nuance that Varun follows. It is only because of him that Varun as a character has been able to blossom. Also, the creative team has provided the right impact and bond between KD and Varun. This is completely a KD Pathak's show, but to see the amount of love that Varun gets makes me happy."

Ask Romit whether he is waiting in the wings for a super-duper comeback in Adaalat, and he states, "You need to stay glued."

Aah Romit, we do understand that something big is in store for Adaalat viewers!!! Take a hint from Ronit Roy's recent tweets that read as follows – Ronit Roy @RonitBoseRoy 4 Aug

Yes @RajRomit -Varuns death was sad, but keep watching #Adaalat I may have a surprise for you #sonytv

If this was not enough, Ronit went on to say, Ronit Roy @RonitBoseRoy 15h

Varuns death in #Adaalat!"Aksar, Jo dikhta hai woh Hota nahin aur jo Hota hai woh dikhta nahin ...1/2

At the moment, all that we can say is that, 'We are waiting for the day when the KD-Varun magic will sparkle again!!!