ll~l*Adaalat Articles Archive - No Comments!*l~ll - Page 9

Posted: 10 years ago

Ronit Roy talks about his struggles in the 90s

It won't be too wrong to say that Ronit Roy today has carved a comfortable niche for himself in Bollywood. The big daddy of Indian television who has now made a successful transition to the big screen as well, will now be seen playing a bad cop in Akshay Kumar's Boss.

But things were not quite rosy in the 90s when Ronit started out. Despite being billed as one of the most promising newcomers then, Ronit never really tasted grand success in his heydays.

When we asked him on what he thought he lacked then as compared to present times, Ronit said, "I was told by many that I was one of the most promising new comers in this industry. My first film was a superhit as well. But after that my life somehow started going wrong. May be my choices weren't right. And I can't blame anyone else but myself for the same."

Talking about life after his first movie, Ronit says, "I believe when the time is not right, the right things don't happen to you. Like the saying goes Vinaash Kaale Vipreeth Buddhi, when it is not your time to succeed, you don't think right. Even when you get something that is right, you may end up doing something wrong with it. So success is not what you have but success is what you do with what you have."

Thankfully, Ronit has put his struggling days firmly behind him. Kicked about his new negative character in Boss, Ronit says, "My character is not grey it's completely black. Akshay is the good man in the movie and he has his reasons for being so, while I am the baddie and I have my reasons for being so."

The real fun was when we asked Ronit if he had any negative shades in real life. Pointing to his cigarette, he said, "This is the only thing. I don't drink or gamble. And like rest of the actors, I don't get caught with anyone else. If you see me outside you will see me with my wife or you will not see me at all."

Romit Raj aka Varun makes a comeback in Adaalat!

In the upcoming track of the show, Romit Raj Prasher aka Varun will re-enter the show andAdaalat will once again witness the much cherished KD Pathak - Varun's sparkling chemistry on screen soon.

Friday, October 04, 2013 | 1:22:20 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: www.india-forums.com/TellyBuzz  |   11 Comments  |  1421 Views

Good news for all the loyal fans of Sony TV's courtroom drama series Adaalat. It's been a while that the show left the audience stunned with Varun's death, while investigating for a major case. However, the plot of the show is soon going to observe a surprising twist, leaving the fans at the edge of their seats.

Says our source, "Romit Raj Prasher, who essayed the character of Varun, KD's (Ronit Bose Roy) closest aide was shot down dead couple of months back. In order to grab the attention of the audience and add some spice to the show, the makers are keen to bring back the character of Varun in the show."

When contacted Romit, the actor confirmed the news with TellyBuzz, saying, "Yes, I'm making a comeback in the show and I'm really happy to be back with Adaalat. It's a beautiful wish which has come true. Honestly, I felt my track was over in the show and Varun will no longer get back to it, but whatever happens, happens for something good."

Since the characters KD Pathak and Varun garnered a lot of appreciation for their on-screen sparkling chemistry, a lot of people cried their hearts out on the sad demise of Varun's death and expressed their grief on social networking sites. Regarding the same, the actor says, "All my well-wishers and Adaalat fans have been missing me big time. In fact, I am overwhelmed with the humongous response I've received on social networking websites. It's the love of the fans that has got me back in the show. So, as of now, I'm super excited to be back with my favorite actor Ronit Da and my favorite Producers Contiloe."

On being quizzed, what did Romit miss the most staying away from the show, he says, "Frankly speaking, I missed Ronit Da the most because from the last two years, I had spent my maximum time with him. He is like my big brother and I'm looking forward to work with him again!"

"The shooting for the same will commence from next week", concluded Romit. 

So, is the audience excited to see KD Pathak and Varun back in action?

Monica Varma

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/17041-romit-raj-aka-varun-makes-a-comeback-in-adaalat.htm

The case of a 'killer makkhi' on Sony TV's Adaalat

Summary: The popular law based show Adaalat (Contiloe Telefilms) on Sony Entertainment Television is back with a very interesting case. After battling bats as criminals last week, this time the murderer will be the common house insect, fly (makkhi). A doctor will be found murdered brutally at his flat and all fingers will point at his assistant Kaushik. As the case of Dr Chopra, who was a well known doctor, goes to KD Pathak (Ronit Roy) he starts his interrogation. Kaushik informs everybody in the case that he had not killed the doctor but it is actually a makkhi who is the real culprit in this case. Everybody dismisses his justification as a plain joke, but KD will decide to see more in this case. Soon a similar murder of a railway officer comes to fore and here too the presence of makkhis will confuse the case. KD gets curious by this mystery of makkhi and suddenly the makkhi appears in front of him to give some vital information. As a source informs us, "The makkhi names itself as Sanjana and informs KD that its next victim will be a man named Sundar." True to its words, Sundar is found dead the next day. After investigation KD finds out that Sanjana was a girl who went missing from the train in which Dr Chopra, the railway officer and Sundar were travelling along. Catch the episode this weekend on Saturday and Sunday (5 and 6 October) at 7:30 pm.

Ronit Roy plays negative role in '2 States'

Actor Ronit Roy says his role in "2 States" is more of a guest appearance and that his character will have shades of grey.

Monday, October 07, 2013   |  Copyright: IANS  |   0 Comments  |  161 Views

Ronit Roy

Actor Ronit Roy says his role in "2 States" is more of a guest appearance and that his character will have shades of grey.

Being directed by Abhishek Verman, it is being co-produced by Karan Johar's Dharma Productions and Sajid Nadiadwala's Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment.

This will be Ronit's second film with Karan Johar after "Student of The Year".

"I am doing '2 States'. I got a call from the production house for the role, but I told them I don't want to do it. Then I got a call from Karan, he said, 'Why are you not doing this film?' I couldn't say no. Karan said trust me, so I went ahead and did the film," Ronit said in a group interview.

The film starring Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor is a big screen adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's bestseller "2 States: The Story of My Marriage".

" '2 States' is an intense story and it's a sought of negative role. I am playing Arjun's father's role. It's like a guest appearance and the character speaks a lot in it," he added.

In the film, a Punjabi boy falls in love with a Tamil girl, which leads to a regional and cultural clash.

The ace actor, who is ruling the small screen, wants to do films with knowledgeable people.

"I don't feel I have so much of knowledge that I can carry a film on my shoulders," said Ronit, who had impressed with his performance as a strict father in Vikramaditya Motwane's "Udaan".

The actor, who started his career with movies like "Jaan Tere Naam", is happy with his work on the small screen.

"I am happy in my small world. I just see who is making the film and the person who is making the film should be knowledgeable," said Ronit who is seen as a a lawyer in the popular TV show "Adaalat".

http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/hot-n-happening/37720-ronit-roy-plays-negative-role-in-2-states.htm

Kushal Punjabi turns Public Prosecutor for Sony TV's Adaalat

Summary: Kushal Punjabi, the tall and lanky actor will now be seen playing the Public Prosecutor in Sony Entertainment Television's Adaalat. Media has already reported about Varun (Romit Raj) coming back from the dead in this popular court room drama of Contiloe Telefilms, and Kushal will be seen in this particular episode. Kushal did confirm the news, but refused to divulge further info.
Kushal Punjabi roped in for Adaalat
Kushal Punjabi roped in for Adaalat

Tall and handsome Kushal Punjabi, who has done several promising roles on Television and in films will soon be seen in an interesting role in Contiloe Telefilm's Adaalat aired on Sony Entertainment Television.
Sources inform that Kushal will play the role of a public prosecutor and will feature in one of the special episode of Adaalat. Romit Raj, who played Varun on the show, is expected to return to the show in the same episode 

When contacted, Kushal confirmed the news but asked us to call later.

Happy Birthday Amitabh Bachchan and Ronit Roy!

Today we celebrate the birthday of two shahenshahs; one of the big-screen and one of the telly screen.

Friday, October 11, 2013   |  Copyright: BollyCurry  |   6 Comments  |  571 Views

Today we celebrate the birthday of two shahenshahs; one of the big-screen and one of the telly screen. Yes! We're talking about none other than Amitabh Bachchan and Ronit Roy! 

Bachchan was born in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh to Harivansh Rai Bachchan, a Hindi poet, and Teji Bachchan, a Sikh from Faisalabad. His name was initially Inquilaab but his father changed it to Amitabh, meaning "the light that will never die". Bachchan made his debut as a voice narrator in 1969's Bhuvan Shome and then as an actor in Saat Hindustani. He tasted success almost immediately with Anand (1971), for which he received his first Filmfare Best Supporting Actor award. He soon became known as the "angry young man" after a string of movies such as Zanjeer (1973) andAbhimaan (1973). Bachchan has acted in over 180 films in his four decade career. He has won many major awards in his career, including three National Film awards as Best Actor, a number of awards at international film festivals and award ceremonies, and 14 Filmfare awards. Bachchan has also left a mark as a playback singer, film producer, television host, and even as a politician. He is married to actress Jaya Bhaduri and they have two children, Shweta Nanda and Abhishek Bachchan, and their daughter-in-law is the former Miss World, Aishwariya Rai Bachchan.

Playlist:
  1. Deewane Hain Deewano Ka - Zanjeer
  2. Meet Na Mila Re Mann Ka - Abhimaan
  3. Sa Re Ga Ma - Chupke Chupke
  4. Yeh Dosti Hum Nahi Todenge - Sholay
  5. My Name is Anthony Gonsalves - Amar Akbar Anthony
  6. Main Hoon Don - Don
  7. Pardesia - Mr. Natwarlal
  8. Tune Abhi Dekha Nahi - Do Aur Do Paanch
  9. Salamat Rahe Dostana Hamara - Dostana
  10. Mere Angane Mein - Lawaris
  11. Dekha Ek Khwab - Silsila
  12. Meri Makhna - Baghban
  13. Lodi - Veer Zaara
  14. Kajra Re - Bunty Aur Babli
  15. Bol Bachchan - Bol Bachchan

Ronit Bose Roy was born in Nagpur, Maharashtra to Brothindranath Bose Roy, a businessman, and Dolly Bose Roy. He has one younger brother, Rohit Roy. Roy initially pursued hotel management and after the completion of his studies, he resided withSubhash Ghai who persuaded him not to pursue a film career due to the difficulties associated with it. He therefore worked as a management trainee until his father died. Roy then joined Mukta Arts as a freelance editor and took on modelling and advertising assignments. He made his on-screen debut in Jaan Tere Naam (1992). The movie was successful but his next few films did not perform too well. Roy soon made his TV debut and met much success there as an actor in many Balaji TV shows. In 2010, he re-entered Bollywood with Udaan, winning much praise and awards. He then went on to star in That Girl in Yellow BootsStudent of the YearMidnight's ChildrenShootout at WadalaUgly, and Boss. He owns Ace Security and Protection Agency which caters to Bollywood actors and politicians, as well as Bollywood movie productions. Roy is married to Neelam Singh and has three children, Ona (from a previous marriage), Aador (born in May, 2005) and Agasthya (born in October, 2007).

Playlist:
  1. Akha India Janta Hai - Jaan Tere Naam
  2. Jaam Woh Hai - Sainik
  3. Ho Gayi Tyar Hamari Army - Army

Here's wishing both betaj baadshahs (undisputed kings) a very happy birthday from this BollyCurry writer and all others!

Writer: Shreya S.
Editors: Vibha B. & Jenifer Y
Graphics: Virina R.

Anand Goradia bags Maharana Pratap
Anand Goradia bags Maharana Pratap

It seems like lot of changes are taking place in Contiloe Telefilms' Bharti Ka Veer Putra... Maharana Pratap, aired on Sony Entertainment Television.

Today (13 October) earlier in the afternoon, TOI exclusively reported that Salil Deshmukh has been replaced by Arish Bhiwandiwala as Akbar. And now the latest we hear is that actor-writerAnand Goradia, has also been roped in to play a very pivotal role in the series.

When contacted, Anand said, "I am in the meeting right now. I won't be able to talk about it."

We too hear that Anand has already started shooting and his entry is expected to air in the coming week.

All the best Anand!

Romit Raj delighted to meet ten thousand fans! 

Romit Raj delighted to meet ten thousand fans!

Actor Romit Raj who is all set to be part of Sony TV'sAdaalat soon, recently visited Borivali Pandal for Navratri dandiya along with other TV actor Srman Jain

Romit has lived in Kolkata and has experienced Durga Pooja but going to Dandiya is not so common experience for him. Romit Raj had been lying low of late but now he would be back with Adaalat.

He says, "It was an amazing experience. The pandal was occupied by around 10,000 people. It was so grand and most Gujrathi people, dress very festive and playing dandiya and Garaba It was my first time of interacting with such a crowd and they were shouting "Varun", "Varun" and cheering for Adaalat, it was a happy feeling."

The people wanted to play dandiya with me so I joined them too. They were happy to see me and cheered my name. I told them that I'll be back on Adaalat soon.

On being asked about the best memory of Dandiya he says, " It was with my wife Tina. We were unmarried at that time, I took permission from her parents to take her out to play
Dandiya. It was sort of like our first date."

New look for Romit Raj
New look for Romit Raj

Romit Raj is all set to return to 'Adaalat' in a new avatar. The actor's character Varun was bumped off the show in August and now his character is all set to return albeit in a new avatar. "I will have a beard and my character will be having an unkempt look. This look will be quite different from my clean-shaven one for the viewers. It took me close to two hours to get the makeup done but it was worth it as people couldn't even recognize me," he told us. 

Speaking about his comeback on the show, he said, "It feels nice to be back with Ronitda(Ronit Roy). People loved our bonding and they were tweeting about why my character was killed in the show. Even the production house was flooded with mails. The viewers are in a way responsible for my comeback."