Posted: 11 years ago

Sorry about the title I had no idea what to call it- may change it once I think of something better. Fair warning, it's not a happy fiction for any couple, but if you like sad and kinda dreary stories, then take a look. It's not based around one couple or person, it tries to infuse all major characters and how they all are struggling in their relationships.  

I do have another part that follows on and may continue it further if anyone actually enjoys it. (Which I highly doubt) Do comment and criticise and I'm happy to take suggestions, enough with the ranting ENJOY :D 

Hiding from the world Jeevika took solace in the only place where she could be alone- the mandir. A place where she could escape the discouraging views of the outside world. She silently prayed for her sister's health, as by every passing day her health deteriorated. 

Maanvi was asleep in her room in Rishikesh, after the disapproval of the manner in which Jeevika took care of Maanvi in Chandigarh, by her in-laws, and the unfortunate unsuccessful treatment in Mumbai. Both sisters returned to their home, where for the first time in a long time they felt at ease. Regrettably, Viren had to remain in Chandigarh because of pending cases. He was unable to leave the city, much to Jeevika preference. There would be days in which they would not speak properly or have a meaningful conversation, at no fault of their own. It was just simply the situation in which they are in. She would update her husband about Maanvi health however she no longer confided anyone let alone Viren. All that was important  and all she was focused on was Maanvi's treatment.

After a long night of caring for Maanvi, Jeevika slowly fell asleep beside her sister. She no longer slept at night, which took a toll on her nature and attitude to others. After closing her eyes for a few brief seconds, she was startled by a loud shriek. Maanvi clutching her side in an enormous amount of pain. Jeevika sprung to her aid and tried to calm her down, but in vain. Suddenly, her nose started to bleed and by this point, it was uncontrollable. With the help of Chachu and Daabu they rushed Maanvi to the hospital.            

As the doctors helped Maanvi, Jeevika and the rest of the family stood outside her room, waiting and praying.

Due to the morphine that Maanvi had been given, when Jeevika entered her room, Maanvi was sleeping on the bed. Slowly she sat on the chair besides her. Jeevika took Maanvi's hands and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead. She may not have the ability to do anything, but she could sit there. Looking and praying for her baby sister. 
Dabbu had informed Viren about the situation, he tried calling Jeevika numerous times, however it kept going into voicemail. Unknowingly Jeevika fell asleep holding Maanvi's hand and rested her head on the bed. After a few attempts, he finally left voice messages, wishing he could be there to support her and inquiring about Maanvi's health. 

When morning came, Maanvi slowly opened her eyes and saw her Di, sleeping by her side. She attempted to lift herself up, but she had no strength nor energy. As she gazed at her sister, she wondered what Jeevika life would be like, if she didn't have cancer, or if she was not a part of her life at all. Maanvi always wanted Jeevika to be happy, and live a life on fulfilment and content. However, she knew that Jeevika's life was far from perfect. She thought that her illness has changed her sister entirely. She was no longer the same Jeevika she once was, however, none of them were. 

Jeevika now kept everyone at arm's length, especially Viren. All she focused on was Maanvi, her health; her blood counts and her well-being. Everything else was secondary. The cancer maybe spreading within Maanvi, but had consumed Jeevika's essence.  

Maanvi's light shrug woke the sleeping Jeevika. 

"Hey Maanu, you awake, you not in any pain are you? Is your mouth dry? Water? Do you want anything?"

She had been up for about ten seconds and in that time, she had already starting fussing over Maanvi once again.

In a quiet voice Maanvi spoke, as she took Jeevika's hand.  

"Di, I'm okay. I don't need anything, really, I'm just tried." Knowing that Jeevika had spent the night by her side, she wanted her take some time off and rest. Even though she knew that was not possible.

"Di?" Maanvi asked softly, looking at her sister attentively.

"Where is everyone else? I mean Daabu, Beeji, Chachu?"

"Actually, Maanu. I'm not sure, I think they have popped home, but they should be on their way in."  

"Di? When can I go home? I really don't want to stay here and make this my home." Maanvi had become sick of the hospital; she never liked it to begin with but now it even more depressing.

Jeevika stood and patted Maanvi on the head and told her she would go and find out when she could come home.

Catching her hand as she left, "Di- your phone's been buzzing for hours. You might want to take a look."  With that, Maanvi had a small smile on her face, as she knew the only way to make Jeevika smile these days was to smile herself. Jeevika picked up her phone, which lay on the side table, not before wiping her hand across Maanvi's face.

As she stepped outside, and peered down at her phone. She saw that she had 20 missed calls from Viren and six voicemails. It had occurred to her that, she should listen to them, but she wanted to find the doctor first. Once consulting with the doctor about Maanvi current state and when she could be discharged, Jeevika looked down at her phone once again, she knew she should listen to the messages, but something in her had changed over the months, and not knowing was some sort of comfort. If she doesn't know what Viren has said, then she can continue to be an ostrich- well at least when it comes to her husband. Deciding not to be that stubborn, Jeevika listens to the voicemails.

Lady on voicemail- "You have six new messages, message one" *beep*

"Jeevika, it's me Viren. Daabu informed me about Maanvi. I know your busy but call me when you get this, I love you, bye" *beep*

'Message two'

"Jeevika, it's just me again. You didn't call and I can't get through, Is everything okay? What are the doctors saying? How is Maanvi? Just keep me informed" *beep*

'Message three'

"Come on Jeevika, just call me back! With everything that is going on, please just call me. You're not alone, even if you are shutting everyone out. I'm your husband, I want to be there for you, but you have to let me in. I know I probably shouldn't be leaving this on a voicemail, but sometimes this is the closest I can get to you. Anyway I don't want to do this on the phone, just call me would you, and tell me what is happening." *beep*

Message four,

"Honey, I know it's late and I've already left some messages. But I can't through to you or anyone. I know you must be with Maanvi. How is she? It's not her blood counts is it?" *beep*

Message five,

"Me again, I'm leaving Chandigarh now! I should be in Rishikesh by morning. I can't stay here anymore, whilst you are there, dealing with all by yourself. Nothing is more important to me than you and Maanvi, bye" *beep*

Message six,

"I've left Chandigarh, and should be in Rishikesh quite soon. You have had to deal with so much alone, that all changes. I want to be there for you. I know I have made some mistakes but I want to fix them now, and be there for you and for Maanvi. She is just as much my family as you are. And if somewhere down the line, it has seemed that isn't the case, then this is where I will step up. Step up and be the man, the man I should have been to begin with. A man who will support and love you, as I know that there is nothing you will not do for your sister. Anyway, I'll see you soon, I almost here so I will head straight to the hospital to meet you. Bye" *beep* End of messages.       

Part 2- Page two 

Part 3- Page three

Part 4- Page five

Part 5- Page seven

Part 6 - Page nine

Part 7- page eleven 

Edited by -Pj- - 11 years ago
RES!!

haye how lucky iam !!!
i am first to comment on this!!!!!!
PJ!!!
the whole thing was so beautifully written !!!!
especially the tension in Jeevika's mind!!!!
Poor soul has not been in peace for days !!!

now viren couldn't resist and is heading to reshikesh!!!
i am waiting !!!
continue!!!
the title is perfect!!!!
⭐️

loved it totally!!!

Edited by jessiekarthik - 11 years ago

First of all thanks for the pm :-D Secondly, i totally loved it-- wish cvs could take some inspiration form your story, i really want to see this side of Jeevika in the show<3  I really wanted to see J push the world away to be with M or vice versa, but we havent had such a scene yet and am dying for one the show! your story reflects perfectly the manner in which i would like J to behave when in comes to her mannu <3

Wouldnt it be awesome to hear Viren call J 'honey' in the show LOLπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
And dudeee, i really did enjoy reading it, so keep writing more pweasee :D
thanx for the pm..
it is very well written n as julie said i wish the cv's could actually see how perfect the sisters can be...n just how they are wasting such an unique bond...
Hey awesome...thank u so much...so needed at this point...looking forward :))
That was brilliant and it seemed like a perfect continuation from how Jeevika was the first two weeks after she found out. Please continue :)
WoW!! WOW!!! WOW!!! I was actually feeling as if i m watching the episode.⭐️ Love the behna bond u portrayed...❀️
It is Amazing! Wonderfully penned. πŸ‘The emotions can be felt. I also felt as if I am watching all these! 😊
Viren's dialogues are exactly what he should be saying in the show! Can't wait for the next update. Please do continue soon. Will be waiting.πŸ˜ƒ

Tina

wow amazng ...pls update soon n pm me wen u update...
Hey it was awesome πŸ˜ƒ Plz do pm me!!!!!!!!! I hope the real Viren gets a hold on these dialogues and start saying them on the show πŸ˜‰ I love how you had said that though cancer was spreading through Manvi's body it affected Jeevika's life more than anything. πŸ˜­ Fab!!!!!!