Book Talk

Enid Blyton defined my childhood :) - Page 2

muzzy_sk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Even our childhood was full of her books.. and its hard to say which was was our fav!..
Malory tower,famous five ,secret seven.
Damn we were so crazy about secret seven!. the adventurous were so well described that most of time we could imagine ourselves there.😆

Sure there are many new writers and our taste might have changed but there was none like Enid Bylton and we seriously doubt there ever will be.

we still sometimes catch up with Enid Blyton books when free or totally in a readers block or if we simply wish to, we are still in high school so don't worry we aren't crazy 😆

P.S: we also used to think that the writer was a man  🤣
Edited by muzzy_sk - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SunshineGirl6 thumbnail
Oh God indeed...Ive read almost all the books from famous five series...Ive read so many books after that..I hardly remember them..but they were my ultimate fav...I just remember reading Famous five and the wishing chair !!
God how I miss them !!
Snowey thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Enid Blyton indeed was one of the best children's Author.
Malory Towers was the first book in my hand of which i have fond memories. I have long outgrown these books but the feelings i had while reading Malory towers and the secret seven is very much alive.
-Spirited- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Lol well said yup i guess we all book lovers do hav our start up from enid blyton stories The secret seven fomous five malory tpwers mystery series lol they are just way too perfect for young readers
With that somewere or the other we to had become creative i mean ya come lets form some secret group n all n like even i wanna solve mystries lets make a nice group n then help people na ll🤣
..Ankita.. thumbnail
Well said!
I belive every bookworm has started his/her readin journey with Enid Blyton, followed by JK Rowling, followed by Stephanie Meyers, and then Sydney Sheldon and then diverted into their favorite genres!
taurusbb thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree wholeheartedly. One of the first novels for kids MUST be Enid Blyton. She was God's gift to children's books. Famous Five, Secret Seven, Galliano's Circus, St. Clare, Malory Towers - wow!! they were real good reads!!

I used to be a great fan of her books. Great post, really nostalgic 😊
LivingInPajamas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: melange..

Rish, great to see you here 😃

Enid Blyton colored my childhood I remember winning a story-telling contest back in grade-2 when I narrated a story written by her. And know what? I even got an Enid Blyton book as a first prize for that contest 🤣

^Aah good ol memories =)
My faves were The Faraway Tree, Malory Towers, The Famous Five and ofcourse, who can forget The Noddy Books? 🤣 Weird, how I used to think Noddy was a girl =/
Well anyway, have a great day Rishu ❤️ 😃

Hey Twix! :D 
I'm kinda late in replying since I completely forgot about this topic 😆

Aww!That is so cute!Which story was it?We all have some fond memories related to EB nahi? :')
Ooh!I loved the three you have mentioned and LOL Noddy a girl!😆
You too :*
This content was originally posted by: naaz__10

Definitely! Mine too! 😃 I loved the secret seven series so much that I even convinced all my chaddi-buddies to form a secret society with me as well 😆 and we'd have our secret meetings under bushes (that was our "shed"). Ahh the good ol days 😊

Famous Five, The Five Find-Outers, St. Claire's series, Malory Towers and of course the Noddy Books! 😃 Awww shucks, you just brought back so many good memories. I'm 22 now and I still want to pick up an Enid Blyton book and start reading, just to go back to my childhood 😃

Hahaha!Never got the chance to form a secret club but now that I wonder,it would have been fun :D
Some things never change do they?I am sixteen and I still cherish those books like anything :')
This content was originally posted by: -GredForge-

yup enid blyton defines childhood!

i used to love tinkle and enid blyton and yes even i didnt know she was a woman for quite a long time! and i used to think her name is Gid Blyton or sumthing coz of the way her signature used to be on d cover!lol
but yeah i used to love them! but for some reason i never liked famous 5 or secret 7 much maybe coz by the time i found out abt them i was already like 12. :P

You mentioned TINKLE!Gosh!I used to love tinkle like anything.I have this huge collection of Tinkle comics,used to buy one every time I had a train journey :D

This content was originally posted by: vandita97

She was indeed a great writer. Her books were so engrossing that my mother used to hide my story books coz you know I wont study just read her books. My fav were the naughtiest girl books. Loved them.

Tell me about it!The same happened with me,Moms are the same everywhere 😆