Book Talk

Enid Blyton defined my childhood :) - Page 3

zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
My goodness this brings back memories of 5th grade! I remember we used to have half-hour every week as Library period and we would form a very disciplined line on our way but once inside we used to clamour like shoppers on clearance sale days to the Enid Blyton shelves 😆 shoving and pushing to grab her book! This cycle repeated a couple of years later with Nancy Drew as well. My particular favorite was the Secret Seven series and we used to have competitions among our friends as to who would read the most titles. Also had a number of failed attempts of forming a secret group of our own. *Sigh* those were the days ...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

theloupgaroux thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I love Enid Blyton. She is my personal idol since I was around 7. I have read almost all novels she wrote including Noddy, Famous Five, Secret 7, Five Findouters and Dog, Willow Farm, Circus Series, Wishing Chair, Enchanted Forest, Adventure Series, Adventure Trilogy (Shipwrecked, etc) Secret Series, Barney Mysteries, Riddle Series, Family Series, Naughtiest Girl, St Clare's, Malory Towers, Pip the Pixie, Betsy May, Amelia Jane and as many of her short story collection as I could find. I have been reading her ever since I was 7, or even smaller. My sister introduced me to her, as she was great fans of her books. Now, my sister and I are carrying on the tradition, as are my two cousins. No matter how old I grow, I will never get tired of Enid Blyton, though I am 17 now. 😳

My favorite I guess is Five Findouters and Dog, as I started reading that first and am very nostalgic about it. I also love the Adventure Series.

-N
Edited by Edlyn - 10 years ago
~Sirius*Ysh~ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: naaz__10

Definitely! Mine too! ðŸ˜ƒ I loved the secret seven series so much that I even convinced all my chaddi-buddies to form a secret society with me as well ðŸ˜† and we'd have our secret meetings under bushes (that was our "shed"). Ahh the good ol days ðŸ˜Š

Famous Five, The Five Find-Outers, St. Claire's series, Malory Towers and of course the Noddy Books! ðŸ˜ƒ Awww shucks, you just brought back so many good memories. I'm 22 now and I still want to pick up an Enid Blyton book and start reading, just to go back to my childhood ðŸ˜ƒ

Rightly said!
I'm 22 now and I was reading Galliano's circus just yesterday :)