Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

TOI: Parvarish takes up educational issue

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Parvarrish...takes up the educational issue

Seema Sinha, TNN | Jun 25, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Shweta Tiwari|Scandal|Parvarrish — Kucch Khattee Kuchh Meethi|Entertainment
Parvarrish...takes up the educational issue
A still from Parvarrish — Kucch Khattee Kuchh Meethi
The ongoing sequence in Parvarrish — Kucch Khattee Kuchh Meethi, talks about the 'faulty' education system, the paper leak Scandal, and how in today's highly competitive environment parents fall into the trap of coaching classes to ensure that their children are not left behind in the rat race.

Shweta Tiwari, whose daughter Palak is in Class V, feels very strongly about the issue. "Teachers and school authorities these days assume that all children go for tuition, so they don't pay much attention. As a result, the minority who don't take tuition suffer. Finally parents give in to the pressure which happened with us, too. Palak got petrified when they started teaching three-four chapters simultaneously. I had to start sending her for tuition as I am busy with work. This is very wrong. Irrespective of whether students are attending coaching classes or not, teachers should perform their duty well," asserts Shweta. 

Adds Tapasvi Mehta, who plays Shweta's son in the show and has just cleared HSC exam, "Nobody cares whether we understand what we are being taught, they just want us to mug up the lines."

Rupali Ganguly, who also plays a mother in the show, could relate to the sequence completely as she had faced a similar situation when in college. "During my HSC exams there were rumours of paper leakage. I was very studious but I was tempted for a moment and told my mom that I can get the paper for ' 500. She was furious and told me to study well and earn the marks. But many students got the papers and I felt bad that I studied so hard yet the others were at an advantage. Even as I was a good student but somewhere you lose faith in the system," says Rupali.

Watch Parvarrish — Kucch Khattee Kuchh Meethi at 9.30 pm on Sony EntertainmentTelevision. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
thanks for sharing Tanu!!
Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4