ArHi FF: Jaane Doh Naa Updated 150 [Feb 4, '13] - Page 95

Posted: 11 years ago
Read this FF in one go...
Brilliantly written...
tina_1234, memories_im, diyadivya, Alicia2001, Stapleton, segad, rskumar, Crazy_soul, meem17, 
bhaktiii, ridizzz, Amiarisme, Love_SA, shai95, Shruti_P, izzy0502, casker, Shilpasabui, Tintin, 
udaymanyata07, ukuk4, princess84, fairycake, Rhysenn, my1stlovearnav, Turkiye, lakraj80, 
Arshifan4life, yappingduck, Sadi, flowers4u, xyzsm, hiahmed, shalini_s, kins103, MISTIE, 
Dalmuthuya, esmeralda111, pavi1, Meem01, BumbleBee, limitless, Zarahatke, Water, 
starzyasha,  gayatri_y, apoorvaarnav,  Isa_de, fffan123, Sparkling-eyes5, deep5128, 
orchidpurple, seeta_naips, chocolatefreak1, mannat27, satyabaama, aastha, alice54, adrianne:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
i loved each and every single comment you guys left! For a writer, there really is no higher praise than knowing that their story is appreciated! πŸ˜ƒ 

AbdulloveIPKKND - Simply put, Khushi wants Arnav to love her. She doesn't want him to say sorry because she is a mistake he has to fix, but because he loves her and cannot live without her. And yes, Arnav wants to win her back but at this point, he is completely broken down. πŸ˜­

sanjanasanjay - aw! Thanks hun! πŸ˜Š

reshmimohan, ukuk4, prerna1, B.S.I_Love_You, Vidhi_K, jisa, reshkn, sman, inajnar - WELCOME TO THE FF! πŸ€—

chavvi16 - well put! That is the difference between the two ASRs! πŸ˜‰

LaxshaLOVEArshi - getting there? yes... but arnav isn' the only one who has to learn! πŸ˜‰

SS88 - I agree the whole track with Anji looking for snakewa was idiotic, but now when I look back it, it seems really funny for some reason! πŸ˜† 

aycma98 - im really speechless... thanks so much for your compliment. It means a lot! πŸ€—

moomin4455 - and you took the words out of my mouth hun! the chapter couldn't be summed by any better! πŸ˜ƒ

dumas - now that i think abt, yes, anjie should have slapped her chote for being the most insensible moron ever! πŸ˜† okay, i should stop insulting my own characters! LOL

zeedia - sabr ka phal meeta hota hai! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Pari93.9 - thanks hun! Yes, as you correctly put only a caring woman will think about another person'a plight in her pain and I always imagine Anjali to be exactly that. There just cannot be any other explanation for Arnav's insane love for her! And yes, finally Arnav gets it - he missed her. And so in a way, he is everything Khushi wants from a husband. He just never shows it!

laksh65 - yes! A LOT more will power that Arnav! Thanks hun!

swat.g - i hope so too for its tough shoes to fill. Arnav did bad on so many accounts and it was interpreted in so many different ways. To some, it was beyond terrible and to some it was acceptable. So the redemption is really hard to be satisfactory! But i will try my best! πŸ˜ƒ Thanks so much for the comment hun!

Anjinie - its coming... what happened to shyam as well the reactions of the Raizadas will be revealed soon!

Nici0306 - no worries hun! My updates are super slow nowadays! πŸ˜† But yes, ASR is really slow... he can/will only understand things said by his Di. Hopefully, Khushi will also be added to that list! πŸ˜‰ Thanks so much for the comment! The way you explained Khushi is so simple and true... it sometimes becomes so hard to write her feelings because they are too straightforward and there really is no reason for them! Im glad that you understood it so well! πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by -Archi- - 11 years ago
Hey guys,

I am finally here with the next update (and that too an arhilious one!). I am soo sorry for the delay! I was having internet issues and then the new semester started, so i have a ton of assignments to finish πŸ˜­ But, thanks for your patience and hopefully it is rewarded with the chapter! πŸ˜‰

Comments Pg. 138

Jaane Doh Naa
-CHAPTER EIGHTEEN-
A Beaten Path

There was no word to describe it. It was neither a feeling nor a thought. It was a fact, a praxis or simply put, a second nature that was hard to notice and once noticed, never forgotten.

But to Khushi it was enslavement for it only reminded her of the shackles bound to her limbs as she cut through time. It was torture in its purest and most deadly form.

"Khushiii!!!"

"Hmmm…"

"Khushi wake up!!"

It was impossible to knock out the darkness engulfing her, it was almost suffocating to not be able to see the light and yet, there was nothing she could do but let her mind become imprisoned in memories.

"Come on! Get up!"

"What?!" she grumbled, finally opening her eyes to painfully welcome the morning light.

"We got it! We are the opening show in Pune's Fashion Week!"

Khushi stared blankly at her best friend, failing miserably to understand what was so exciting about the news that had to be announced at 6 o'clock in the morning.

"Don't you get it?!" Ayesha exclaimed, jumping up and down the bed. "We are the opening show!!"

"So?"

The reply was so instantenous that Khushi was sure she couldn't have repressed it even if she tried. And the reaction to it was even more instant; Ayesha was disappearing through the door even before she blinked.

Hey Devi Maiyya, Khushi thought shaking her head. What is so exciting about being the opening show? It just added one more problem to my already long list of complications.

And with a sigh, she crept out of the warm covers and into the bathroom for a long shower. It was almost an hour later that she emerged from her room, fully dressed for a long day full of more issues to solve.

"So," she asked, seating herself on the sofa with her daily dose of tea. "What are the plans for being the opening show?"

"As if you care," Ayesha scoffed. "Go back to sleeping."

"Okay, I am sorry! Its not a necessity that I like the same things as you do!"

"Yeah… but you could have shown a little more excitement. You know how happy I was when Arnav told me the news?"

Khushi merely sipped her tea in silence. The mention of the one name she wished to forget was not a good sign this early in the morning even though she long since accepted it was an impossible wish. She was so tightly caught in the tangle of Arnav Singh Raizada that it wasn't even worth putting in the effort to unravel herself.   

"Well," she said, changing the topic. "I am glad that you are happy. When do you want to check out the venue?"

"Oh shit!"

"What happened?"

"I was supposed to give the final plan of the ramp to Arnav! It completely slipped my mind. Shit shit shit!"

Khushi didn't react. It was almost a rountine now to see her best friend freak out over the most minute of things.  

"Are you free today?"

Crap! She knew too well which road the conversation was turning towards. "No."

"Oh come on! Please?"

"No."

"Please Khushi!" Ayesha begged. "I know you hate him and I would I have gone myself, but I have a meeting with the bank and there really is no one else who can go."

"Wrong," Khushi replied, putting down the now empty cup. "I don't hate him. I just don't care. And Amanji can pick up the file."

"If you don't care, then why won't you go?"

Khushi was silent.

It wasn't that she didn't care, and at the same time it wasn't that she did care. It was a strange feeling… a habit almost which she knew was wrong, and yet couldn't get herself end. No matter how much she tried to let go of the past and importantly of him, it seemed to hang on that much more tightly.

And putting herself directly on that path which appeared to amplify this unknown dependence seemed both pathetic and pointless.

"Please?"

"Fine. I will go."

"I love you!"

"Yeah, yeah whatever," Khushi muttered, before picking up her purse and the file in question, completely oblivious to the silent smile playing on Ayesha's lips.

"I TOLD YOU AN HOUR AGO TO MAKE THE LIST! HOW CAN YOU BE SO CARELESS?!"

"Sir-"

"DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THIS MEANS?"

"I-"

"TEN MINUTES! YOU HAVE TEN MINUTES TO PUT THAT LIST ON MY DESK. IF ITS NOT THERE BY THEN, SHOW YOURSELF OUT OF THIS COMPANY!"

Khushi was stunned at the sight in front of her. She had just entered the Pune branch of AR Designs when she heard the loud yells of Aman emanating from room. It seemed he was screaming at a terrified employee, who quickly fled the scene with tears running down her face.

"Can I help you ma'am?"

Khushi turned soundlessly to be greeted by an expectant receptionist.

"Ermm…" Khushi answered, trying to push the shock from her voice. "Is… is Aman alright?"

The receptionist stared at her, no doubt surprised with the question. "So, are you here to see Mr. Mathur then?"

It was difficult to miss the 'no-nonsense' attitude emanating from the poised receptionist. It was clear that she did not want to be the next one to fall under Aman's radar.

"No," Khushi answered. "I am here to meet Mr. Raizada. Is he in his cabin?"

"Do you have an appointment?"

"Umm… not exactly. But he would want to see-"

"I am sorry, I can't let you go in without an appointment. Mr. Raizada is a busy man."

"I know, but I need to give him this file. Its pretty important."

"Unfortunately-"

"Bhabhi?!"

Khushi thanked her stars to hear Aman and more so his rather peaceful tone. "Hello Amanji," she greeted politely. "How are you?"

"Good," he answered. "How come you are here?"

"I wanted to drop this file off. Ayesha said its important, but I don't have an appointment, so can yo-"

Khushi stopped mid-sentence, for Aman had angrily turned to the receptionist. "You kept her waiting?"

"Err… Sir, she didn't have an app-"

"Let me get this straight; you are asking Khushi Singh Raizada for an appointment?" 

The receptionist blanched. "I didn't know she was-"

"Then I suggest you find out."

And without waiting for a response, Aman turned to Khushi and led her into the office towards Arnav's cabin.

"Is everything alright?" Khushi blurted as soon as they left the entrance hall.

"Ofcourse! Why do you ask?"

"Well, its not everyday the cool and composed Aman Mathur explodes on every person he sees."

Aman pressed his lips but didn't answer.

"What?" Khushi asked, catching his expression. "Is it a secret?"

They were a few steps from Arnav's cabin when Aman finally answered. "I didn't mean to yell at them. Its just came out like that… it's been a stressful week."

"Why don't you take a few days off?"

Aman's eyes widened. "Off?" he repeated as if Khushi suggested the end of the world. "No no… I can't take an off. Especially now when Sir is…"

"When what?"

They were in front of the door now and Khushi turned to face a downcast Aman. "You say I am your Bhabhi right?"

He let out a sigh. "Its nothing really… Sir hasn't been his normal self the past week. So, I'm trying to take care of things in the company so he can sort out his… issues."

"What kind of issues?"

Aman hesitated. "I'm not sure," he said carefully. And after a moment's thought, added, "I think he misses his family… its not easy being alone. Being the one left behind."

Khushi averted her eyes. It was obvious he was talking about her; only she had no intention to discuss it. She felt no remorse for walking out of Shantivaan that day.

"Thank you for letting me in," she finally said, before disappearing into the cabin.

Arnav was leaning back in his chair with his eyes closed when Khushi timidly entered. If it wasn't for his rather stiff stature, she would have mistaken him to be sleeping.

"Ahem," she said.

"Did you bring the tablet?" he asked, not moving from his stance.

"Its me… Khushi."

Arnav eyes snapped open as he hurriedly sat up, his expression caught in surprise. It was then that Khushi noticed the dark bags under his eyes. It was clear that he hadn't been sleeping.

"I came to drop this off," she continued, handing him the file. "Ayesha was busy."

He nodded. "Sit… do you want to have something? Tea?"

"I have to go… a lot of things to finish for the show."

He didn't object. "Thank you for bringing the file."

Having no other choice, she turned to leave. Except, she couldn't. She found herself turning back to watch a tired Arnav rubbing his temples in pain.

There it was again… the enslavement, the nameless second nature, which this time pushed her to speak. "Do you want coffee?"

Arnav looked at her, once again caught off guard. "Why?"

"Because you have a headache," she answered. "And coffee makes it go away."

He didn't reply, and instead continued to stare at her as if seeing her for the first time.

"What?" she asked when the silence became unbearable.

"You don't have to… worry," he said slowly, choosing his words with great care. "I know you don't want to see me right now, so you can go."

"And who told you that?"

"Told me what?"

"Who told you that I don't want to see you right now?"

"I just know."

"Oh! I forgot - the all mighty Arnav Singh Raizada knows everything. Unfortunately, I happen to disagree. So, tell me – do you want coffee?"

"Aman can bring it."

"Amanji is busy."

"Then someone else will bring it."

"They are busy as well."

"Khushi, I pay them-"

"To work," she interrupted. "Not to be your butler."

"Then why are you doing it? I didn't give you anything."

"Because I want to."

Arnav once again lapsed into silence.

"Where is the cafeteria?" she asked.

He merely picked up the phone in answer and after dialling a number, said, "Send two coffees."

Khushi rolled her eyes. "I said I would bring it!"

He didn't answer.

"Have you been sleeping at all?"

When he continued to remain quiet, Khushi let out a sigh and walked around the desk to his chair. She gently pulled his head back and began to press his forehead.

Arnav neither stopped nor encouraged her. He sat still, his eyes staring at the ceiling, his heart awfully silent.

"You can relax!" she said after a few minutes of watching his rigid posture. "I am not going to kill you."

"You don't have to do this," he began. "I am fine."

"I can see that," she replied sarcastically. "Tell me, when was the last time you slept for a good eight hours?"

"I sleep Khushi."

"Clearly you don't! And when was the last time you ate? You know full well that you are diabetic and have to eat on time. If you don't, then you have go to the doctor and get an-"

"Injection. I know."

"Then why don't you take care of yourself?! Just imagine if Di was here. She will go crazy seeing you like this."

"Like what?"

"Like this! Stressed out… sleepless… foodless… do you know how much Amanji is worried? He-"

"So Aman told you all this?!"

"No! Ofcourse not!"

"Then how do you know?"

"I just know."

"Oh! I forgot – the all mighty Khushi Singh Raizada knows everything. Unfortunately, I happen to disagree. So, tell me – did Aman whine about me?"

"He is not a five year old to whine. He just talked… normally."

"Normal for a five year old you mean?"

"Why do you have to argue for everything?"

"Because you never agree with anything I say."

"That's because you are wrong half the time."

"Well, what about the other half of the time I am right?"

"You are right only because I let you be right."

"Seriously? You really are crazy!"

"And yet you love me. So, be quiet!"

It flowed so easily from her mouth that she didn't even realize the truth that slipped; the acceptance, which she refused to acknowledge for the past three weeks. Arnav listened with rapt attention, waiting to her denial, her regret but it never came. She continued massaging his head as if she owned him with full right.

"It's fine," he said finally. "You can go."

"And what about the coffee you made poor Amanji get for me?"

"Huh?"

"You ordered two coffees… not one."

And for the first time in that week, a small smile began to work its way up Arnav's face. He felt light headed as a rush began from his numb toes, going all the way up to his head, warming everything along its way.

Khushi appeared to have felt the sudden change coursing through his body, for she stopped pressing his head and took a seat across the table.

"So, is Dr. Khushi satisfied with her diagnosis?"

"Dr. Khushi is always satisfied with the diagnosis. It's the treatment she doesn't approve."

"Oh… So in that case, I will take utmost care to make sure she is happy this time around."

"For that you have to eat and sleep and take medicines. Not lock yourself up in this cabin, letting the company go chaotic."

Arnav nodded, too happy to correct her. He knew perfectly well the status of his company or rather the plight of Aman. And even though he stayed in the four walls of his secluded cabin, he never shied away from his responsibilities. He was aware of every single thing that transpired in his reign and more importantly he was right behind his employees should anything happen.

But alas! No one would believe him even if he tried explaining. Just like how no one would believe how much he protected his family.

Their coffees finally arrived, and the duo quickly settled into silence sipping the bitter liquid absentmindedly. Afterall, what can one say after everything that happened? It seemed almost silly that she fussed about his health when a week ago, she made it clear that she would never forgive him.

"I should get going," Khushi said, long after the coffee was finished.

"Yeah," he agreed, knowing that extending this unusual meeting any further was impossible. "You have work to do."

"And you too. Well, take care."

And with that Khushi stood up to leave, determined to keep her feet moving atleast until they were out of the cabin. But when did fate ever let her take the easy path?

"Why does it matter that I am sleepless and foodless?"

She halted her pace as his words hit her. They weren't accusing like the last time they met and neither were they demanding. They were simply curious.

And despite her resolve, Khushi found herself turning back to look at the man she hoped to forget and was struck into a momentary silence for she saw not the powerful Arnav Singh Raizada, but a burning man on the brink of hell. It troubled her so much to see him restless and forlorn that she couldn't help but answer his question.

"Because I am your wife."

It wasn't a lie, but she would be lying if she said it was the truth. It was just an innocent fact, which drew her to great lengths. And it was as she exited AR Designs that she finally understood the uneasiness swamping her for the past one week.

It so happened that there was a name for the nameless habit. It was addiction. 

So hopefully that made sense! I feel like day by day its getting more and more difficult to express the feelings of these characters which a few months ago were so straightforward. 

I know Khushi is a strange person... her reasons for the way she does things are not ordinary. She loves Arnav and yet, can't be with him because her principles won't allow it. And that being said, she can't forget him because she is addicted to being in love with him. Its this dependence that developed in the past two years, which became so strong that she can't move on even if she wants to. Its unreasonable for sure. But uncommon? I don't think so... How many times do we see people try to stay in relationships that are not just meant to be? How often do we hear of the dutiful wives staying with their husbands even though they don't deserve it? Quite often and though we name it stupidity most of the time, the reason is just love, which is neither right or wrong. And it is the same with Arnav and Khushi.

Waiting to hear your thoughts! πŸ˜ƒ

Archi

P.S. - HAPPY NEW YEAR! May this year bring you lots of luck and happiness! πŸ˜Š

Edited by -Archi- - 11 years ago
yeah you said it this chapter proves love triumphs over everything, like you say when you are in love, you are neither right nor wrong, 
FINALLY YOU ARE BACK!

loved the update!

to begin with I love aman here...aman shouting and acting all asr-ish...

the whole cabin scene just touched my heart!she accepted that he loves her...and that she is his wife!

loved the way you connected her uneasiness to arnav not being keeping up well...
Edited by arnavbarun - 11 years ago
I raed all the 18 chaps in last few hours. I really enjoyed this FF.  At times I went through flipflop as I am yet to get Khushi's point clearly.
 Esp last 3-4 chapters. At least for me it wa sslightly complex to understand when i was reading back to back.
May be if I ponder a bit I will come back to ask about your POV.

That's really wonderful update...
Loved it
nice update came back aftr a long tym i thought u gave up bt nice to see tht u updated
Awesome update dear
continue soon please
thank you for pm me
Great update.u explained khushi's plight accurately.its was a pleasure to read a light hearted arshilicious update.and ayesha is now acting as cupid for them,okay if not cupid then atleast she's trying to make them meet.