Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

orchidpurple thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Nice update...

For once I did not cry...Thank you...   ;)
Now I am feeling sad for Khushi...for her to feel sad for Arnav...

Arnav not coming to the boutique for two days...is it good news or bad...

Arnav inviting them to the party...is something brewing in his head...

Ayesh is too good...in making Khushi realize her beliefs and thought process...

Hope Khushi forgives Arnav soon..sooner...soonest...

Best lines I loved...
""There you go… that's an equation that only your mind can come up with. Not your heart.""...Simple and too the point...Ayesh pointed out Khushi her own thoughts ...Hope Khushi thinks that right...

Thx for the PM

OP
kriti_atharv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
omg..sorry for the late reply hun...was a bit busy...

anyways the update was awsuuum dear...really loved it...so now khushi is feeling guilty...at least this proves that she does feel something...now arnav is acting all cold towards her...awuuum dear and please continue soon n thnx 4da pm dear...
-Archi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8
Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the replies! 🤗
The next chapter is almost done... i just need to add few more things to it. Hopefully it will be up by tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.

Cheers!

Archi
-Archi- thumbnail
Alicia2001, lakraj80, seeta_naips, Alinaa, Rhysenn, esmeralda111, hrideyy, V323 - Thank you! 🤗 

Nici0306 - you are correct once again! And im sure you will like the next update! 😉

Aisha - honey, that wasn't even a long update. 😆 for some reason, i can never write short parts. 

PCdublin - trust me, she won't be a doormat that he can walk over. She will continue her lioness attitude! 😉

ashred12 - YAYY! Ayesha's supporter! 😆 I was starting to wonder if there was anyone left who doesn't dislike her! 

mannat27 - thanks hun! Trust me, the party will be BIG! 🥳

Zarahatke, Sadi, CutieSanaya, bhaktiii, zarlish18 - Thanks so much! 🤗

aycma98 - hehe... i see you are catching on, but my lips are sealed! 😈

Devilways - Ayesha is a complicated character... but you will figure out what she means soon enough. 😃

ipkknd4life, crazyweird, kins103, vampire_amy, Anjinie, sowmya18 - Thanks! 🤗

zeedia - because i couldn't think of anything for him to do! 😆 but there will be plenty of him in the next part!

pari93.92 - Thanks hun! And i know what you mean about girls in the saas-bahu dramas, and they piss me off! As much as i am feminist, i like to believe that we are still human. And the beauty of what makes us human is anger, envy, grief... so, treasure it! 😉😆

deep5128, laksh65, pavi1, amritafan, Arshifan4life, flowers4u, adrianne - Thanks so much! 🤗

nareshSV - Even though i practically changed everything of ipk in my story, i still couldn't let khushi become stone-hearted. she is still our jhali-puli sweetheart, who lets nothing come infront of her morals. And even though we like to believe Arnav is perfect, he is not. Infact he is the complete opposite! So, that big huge ego of his is hurt when she tells him to get lost (literally!), hence, the cold shoulder was bound to come! 😆 And as for Ayesha... well her agenda is completely different! 😉

vandana.sagar, udaymanyata07, Sim96, archita_59, fanAR, CrazY-4-BaRuN - Thanks! 🤗

segad - Ayesha is not perfect. I agree her reasons for hating Arnav are based on hearsay, but thats the way she is. And isn't that exactly what arnav did to khushi? He listened to shyam's stories and forced her into a contract marriage, without even finding out if it was true! so when arnav is being forgiven (slowly, but surely), doesn't ayesha deserve the same? I don't want to sound like her lawyer, but i just wanted to point out that we often get blinded by what is seen on the outside. We never know the inside reasons! 😃

chavvi16 - i second your opinion a 120%! 😉 and i might just use the quote you mentioned! 😃

orchidpurple - welcome back! (and yes, i haven't updated more than once in the time u were gone! 😆). and im glad you liked that one sentence - it def shows that ayesha picks up things which both arnav and khushi can't at times! 😉

kitzdoll - no worries! Thanks for the comment!

-Archi- thumbnail
Hello!

I am back with another chapter, much quicker than i expected! 😉 So sit back and enjoy!
Warning: This part is extremely long. Please do bear with it! 

Comments Pg 66 (above)

Jaane Doh Naa
CHAPTER TEN
As White as Black

Nina Rathore was not a woman to mess with; leading the fashion industry for a few years now, she was nothing less than a celebrity, who graced the cover of every magazine, highlighted every event and more importantly dictated the terms of almost every fashion show in Pune. However, what distinguished her from the rest of the grey designers was not her popularity, but her attitude, which had a knack of being conceited most of the time.

Nevertheless, that did not mean the woman lacked taste. Her much talked of party that evening was exquisitely organized, with silk draps as white as the moon hanging in the sky, flowers twinkling with fairy lights and a cuisine more magnificent than the city has seen in years. The hostess herself was spotted in splendid dress of pearl, welcoming her guests with pride. It was truly a sight to behold.

While people gushed about the famed designer and her brilliant style, enjoying not only the attention they were given on the red carpet, but also the superficial compliments passed along the night, a certain young man was caught brooding near the bar. While he easily blended into the dimmed room, he was far from being secluded.

Anyone and everyone passing by did not hesitate to take a second look, admiring his well fitted black suit, perfectly combed hair and the most striking of all, eyes as dark as the night itself. Girls giggled upon the sight of him, women hinted at seduction and men couldn't refrain from envy; afterall Arnav Singh Raizada had it all.

Except for one woman, who refused to acknowledge him. Whoever invented the phrase 'life is not perfect', got it dead-on right.

However, Arnav wasn't the one to dwell on mistakes. He always corrected them, whether they belonged to him or to others. And so, he wasn't to be blamed for being isolated from the crowd, his eyes flickering consistently to the door, where he knew she would make her entrance any minute now.

"Arnav!" called a silky voice.

He tore his eyes from the entrance and turned to find himself infront of the hostess herself.

"Long time no see?!" said Nina, slightly pouting her lips.

"Why? Missing me?"

"You have no idea!"

Arnav smirked. "I'm glad to see we are on the same page Ms. Rathore."

"Nina," she corrected. And then leaned forward to give a peck on each of Arnav's cheeks.

"Should I consider myself lucky that I am being personally welcomed by the great Nina Rathore then?"

Nina didn't miss the sarcasm in his voice. "On the contrary Arnav, I should consider myself lucky that you finally decided to pay me a visit. I hear you are in Pune nowadays!"

"I am not surprised you heard that."

"And can I know reason behind Pune's sudden luck?"

Arnav raised an eyebrow. "Are you telling me you don't know why I am here?"

Nina pressed her lips in answer.

"And you say I am tight-lipped!"

"Oh alright," she said, with a small roll of her eyes. "I hear you are being gracious on a failing business. I have to say Arnav, your standards have really dropped."

"And I am sorry to say you haven't changed one bit," he replied nonchalantly. "Just as jealous as ever."

Nina shrugged. "My offer is still up you know."

"And ditch the contract I have right now? I don't think so."

"I fail to understand why you are giving so much importance to such a small deal! AK's Seams of Style are the most amateur designers I have ever seen!"

"I guess that's why Vogue recently started printing their designs on the front cover."

Nina's face hardened. "They are just going through a phase right now, but-"

"You think so?" he interrupted. "I was under the impression that you are going through a phase right now. Drops in sales, negative reviews… If I didn't know better, I would say you are desperate for business right now."

Arnav could tell that this was not the turn Nina expected the conversation to take. He had the satisfaction of watching the little colour left on her face drain as she narrowed her eyes. "Look," she said, her tone hard. "You have no idea what a lazy, unprofessional designer Ayesha Kapoor-"

"Then why don't want we find out?" he said, cutting her off once again. "She will be here in a few minutes."

"I didn't invite her."

"But I did; As my guest."

"What?!"

Arnav couldn't help but grin at the horrified look on Nina's face. While he had a very healthy relationship with her in the past, that is professionally speaking, he also experienced an infuriation only he could explain. She was in every sense, a pretentious snob.

"You have no idea what you are dealing with," Nina informed him, after recovering from the sudden revelation. "Ayesha Kapoor is a cheat."

"I don't see why you should be worried about that."

Nina was surprised at Arnav's indifference and as suddenly as the confusion came, it left leaving a trail of realization. "Ohh! I get it. You like her. You like Ayesha Kapoor!"

Arnav snorted at her conclusion. "For a designer, you sure don't use your head a lot."

However, she laughed at his comment. "No, no," she said, shaking her head a little. "I hit bullseye with this one. You love her."

"Like I said," he replied with a shrug. "Get your facts right. Ayesha is not the one I love."

And with that he walked away having no desire to discuss his life story with the woman who cared more about making the front page of the newspaper everyday, than the good of her own company.

"Stop that!" Ayesha scolded when Khushi tried pulling her dress down for the umpteenth time that evening. "Your dress is fine!"

"Its too short!" Khushi complained, eyeing the mass of reporters crowding the entrance to the venue. The two girls just arrived, courtesy to Arnav's trusted driver, and Khushi was already having second thoughts about coming. "And look at all the media people. They are going to go nuts today!"

Ayesha smirked. "And that's why we are here," she said confidently. "Its showtime."

And without a second glance, she walked towards the iron gates her head held high.

Hai Devi Mayyia, Khushi said looking up into the empty skies. Help me!

Taking a deep breath she trailed behind Ayesha, where she was quickly engulfed in bright flashes of light and deafening shouts of reporters, asking endless questions about their unexpected appearance.

"How do you feel about attenting the event Ms. Kapoor?" a man asked.

Another voice interrupted him. "Who designed your outfit today?"

"What do you have to say about AK's Seams of Style being rated as the number one boutique in Pune today?"

"And how would you describe your relationship with Nina Rathore?"

Ayesha laughed. "Oh," she said choosing to answer the last question first. "Nina and me go way back!"

That seemed to cause a mumur through the crowd; It was a well known fact that the two were rivals.

"So, would you say you both are not competitors then?" asked a female reporter.

"Of course not," Ayesha answered, flinging back her now straightened hair dramatically. "Business is business and friendship is… well, I think you know."

"What about Arnav Singh Raizada?"

Ayesha's smile hardened in the slightest. "What about him?"

"How do you feel working with him? Are you okay with the fact that Mr. Raizada and Ms. Rathore have been partners for almost three years now?"

"Well, doesn't the fact that we decided to work together say it all?" Ayesha replied with a shrug.

However, the answer didn't appear satisfactory, for the reporter turned to the silent figure of Khushi and asked, "What do you think? Is Mr. Raizada a good partner?"

Khushi stared at the expectant crowd in front of her. She didn't need to look at Ayesha, to see her nod encouragingly towards her. She took a deep breath and said in a clear tone, "I think Mr. Raizada is an excellent partner. AR Designs haven't failed in a contract so far, so I can assure you that the upcoming fashion show will be the best Pune has ever seen."

"No more questions!" Ayesha said as soon as Khushi finished. And without paying any heed to the yells of protest that followed, she turned and walked inside, where the booming music filled her ears.

Khushi heaved a sigh of relief as she finally entered the shade of the party.

"That wasn't so bad now, was it?" Ayesha asked with a grin.

"No," Khushi admitted, looking for a waiter to ask for some water. "But I would never do that again. I think I am better off in the designing room, while you take care of the other stuff."

"Why are you so scared of publicity?"

"As if you don't know!" However, when Ayesha remained puzzled, she lowered her voice and said, "because I don't want anyone finding out about t-the marriage."

"So what if they do? It was a mistake and its over. End of story!"

"No its not!" Khushi objected. "Do you think the fact that Arnav Singh Raizada had a six month contract marriage is going to die down that easily? It will be all over India and within no time, my entire family will be here, trying to get me to go back home!"

"They are not your family!"

Khushi ignored that. "Think about it," she said. "Its bad enough that the Laad Governor is trying to ask for forgiveness. Imagine what would it be like if the whole family was with him!"

"Yeah well," Ayesha muttered. "No point. Despite staying away from the headlines, he still found you."

"After two years. Give me some credit okay?"

Ayesha couldn't help but grin. "Speaking of which, where is he? After all that talk about being punctual, I figured he would be on time!"

"I am not complaining," Khushi said, rolling her eyes. "Less time with him, means more time for us to be happy."

"He could have atleast picked us up, instead of sending his driver! Didn't you notice the security guard giving us weird looks when we showed him the invitation card?"

Khushi didn't answer for her eyes were suddenly drawn to the back of the room where she saw the man in question, silently leaning against the polished counter of the bar. She squinted trying to catch his expression, but the darkened room made it almost impossible to see his face. But she knew it was him.

Muttering a quick excuse, Khushi darted across the room, nodding to a few familiar faces along the way and stopped a few steps short of him, hesitating to speak.

Arnav appeared to be relaxed, as he surveryed the room with a brightly coloured drink in his hand. Khushi didn't know if he was continuing his ignorance towards her, or was truly unaware of her presence. Either way, she found that the answer didn't matter, because it neither helped nor impaired her task at hand.

"Ahem," she said, unnecessarily clearing her throat.

He didn't turn.

"Mr. Raizada?"

His gaze finally fell upon her and what followed was something he couldn't put into words.

Dressed in a black dress that ended on her thighs, Khushi appeared to be glowing under the dusky lights. As he watched her stupefied, he vaguely noticed that the deafening music didn't reach his ears anymore and instead a new, more forceful sound filled his soul. It was his heartbeat, thundering through his body, rampaging his mind with the urge to pull her into his arms.

Not noticing his silence, Khushi said, "I wanted to talk to you. Well… tell you something actually."

She waited for him to answer, but his face appeared dazed as his eyes bore into hers. "Hello?!", she exclaimed, waving her hand, trying to get his attention.

Arnav was unwillingly tugged out of his reverie. It was now his turn to clear his dry throat.

"I was saying," Khushi began again. "That… Th-thank you."

Her words took a long time to sink into his ears, for he was still very much in awe of her beauty; but when they did, a grin brighter than the stars appeared on his handsome face.

"You are very welcome," he replied, blinking away the yearn to feel her raven black hair softly cascading down her back. "But for what in particular?"

"For saving me… the other night… you know, from-"

"From the goons," he finished, putting the cocktail he held on the counter. "But I think what you should be saying is a 'sorry'!"

Khushi narrowed her eyes. "Excuse me?"

"You should have listened to me that night," he explained. "Instead of stomping off alone. So, you could say sorry and repent for not listening to me!"

"Don't push it," she warned. "I am just here to thank you. And it doesn't change anything between us."

"I wasn't expecting it too. But if you are still being adamant, can I know why you have sudden consideration for my hard work?"

Khushi shrugged. "I am not heartless. Neither am I egoistic to overlook that you did a favour on me."

He snorted. "In other words, you are not Arnav Singh Raizada."

"No, I am not."

And with that she turned smartly on her heels and began to walk away.

"By the way," he called behind her. "You owe me one!"

Khushi smiled, but didn't turn to answer.

"And then what happened?"

"Nothing… she turned around and walked away. Stupid wh**e! Why can't she get it that I am better than her?"

It was well into the night and the party was progressing superbly, with the two girls sitting at a table discussing the various people attending the event, especially the woman who was the center of attention – Nina.

Khushi sighed. "How much longer do we have to be here?"

"Are you serious?" Ayesha asked. "This place is rocking and you want to go home? Can you be any more boring?"

"Then let me go na," Khushi answered, rubbing her temples in pain. "This stupid music is giving me a headache!"

Ayesha leaned back on her chair. "You know what I think?" she said, but then answered it herself. "You need a boy to take your mind of things."

"Oh please no," Khushi said, shaking her head. "Last time you tried, it blew up in our faces!"

"Okay, one mistake is forgiven for all. Besides, didn't we end up getting a good client in the end?"

"Yeah," Khushi muttered. "And I could never be in the same room as him again!"

"As who?" came Arnav's voice, who took a seat at the table. Having finally shaken off a few eager people seeking business with him, he hoped to complete the task for which he took the trouble to come.

Unfortunately, he was out of luck once again for the girls began scouting the room, completely ignoring his presence.

"There," Ayesha said suddenly. "at 12 o'clock."

Khushi raised an eyebrow. "And…?"

"Definitely Salman Khan!"

Khushi seemed to hesitate for second, before looking behind her shoulder. "Not bad," she said, turning back to face Ayesha. "But still not a Salman Khan."

"You are just being picky!"

"No," Khushi said. "I know a six-pack when I see one!"

Arnav, on the other hand, was completely confused with conversation. "Why are you talking abo-"

"I think," Khushi said, cutting him off. While she definitelty thanked him for saving her the other night, she had no intentions of letting him force a payback from her; whether she owed it or not. "3 o'clock is way better."

Ayesha quickly glanced to her right and said, with a smirk. "I really like. Why don't you go say 'Hi'?"

Khushi's eyes widened. "Hell no!"

"Come on!"

"Wait," Arnav said, finally catching on to the code between the two. "You both are checking out guys?!"

Ayesha let out an exasperated sigh. "Yes smarty pants!" And when she caught the startled look on his face, she continued, "Oh please! Don't tell me you never checked girls out before!"

Arnav didn't answer.

"That's what I thought," she said triumphantly, before turning to Khushi, who didn't budge from her seat. "Fine! I will go and tell Mr. 3 o'clock how good looking you think he is!"

A look of horror crossed Khushi's face as Ayesha stood up and determindedly walked away.

"Ayesh wait!" she called, jumping up and following her into the crowd.

But it was unnecessary. Far before Ayesha reached 'Mr. 3 o'clock', so to speak, a dubious voice forced her to stop in her tracks.

"Ayesha?"

The blood drained from Ayesha's face as she was stunned into silence. As Khushi caught up with her, she noticed that the voice belonged to a tall, lean man, dressed in an elegant three-piece suit of white, matching the ivory coloured room. His face, which was previously hidden in the darkened room, was now visibly vibrant as he cautiously took a step forward. Like Ayesha, he too appeared bewildered.

"Nayan," Ayesha breathed when the silence became unbearable.

The man – Nayan – relaxed upon finally receiving recognition. He covered the small distance between the two and enveloped her into a hug.

"Don't touch me," Ayesha spat, pushing him away.

"Sonu, wh-"

But she didn't let him finish. "Don't call me that!"

"What's wrong baby? We are seeing each other after two years!"

"And evidently you forget what happened the last time I saw you. But don't worry, I don't mind reminding you once again."

Nayan's eyes narrowed very faintly. "We need to talk. I'm staying in a hotel nearby; why don't we continue this conversation there?"

"Hotel?!" Ayesha screeched, causing many passerbys to stop and look at the commotion. "You dirty-"

"Lets go outside?" he interrupted noticing the curious looks they were recieveing.

Her voice went up another octave at that. "Why? Ashamed of what you are?!"

She seemed to hit a nerve with her retort, for Nayan's face hardened as anger spread through his features. "Enough Ayesha!"

"Go to hell!" she retorted and began to walk away. Only, Nayan held her wrist, pulling her close to him.

"We are going to talk Sonu," he whispered harshly in her ear. There was almost a hint of obsession in his tone. "Right now!"

"Like hell we are!" But it was no use. No matter how hard Ayesha tried, she couldn't peel off his fingers from their powerful grip on her.

"Let her go!" Khushi, who was watching the entire exchange, fired. She knew enough to know that this was a situation that Ayesha was not ready to handle.

But Nayan wasn't the one to take orders. He slowly began to edge away to the exit, tugging Ayesha along, when he suddenly stopped noticing an obstacle in his way.

It was Arnav. "Let her go," he said alot more coolly than Khushi. And yet, his posture emitted an aura of superiority that no one dared disobey.

"Don't get into this."

"Yes," Arnav agreed, crossing his arms across his chest. "Don't get yourself into this. I don't know if Nina will appreciate the police interrupting her party on your account. It looks like she spent a lot of money on it."

"That is none of your business!"

Arnav covered the distance between the two with a quick stride and said in a very dangerous voice, "Arnav Singh Raizada doesn't like repeating himself. You let go of her now or spend the next six months in the hospital. Its upto you."

The threat was obvious and Nayan seemed to understand it well. He dropped Ayesha's hand as if it was piece of hot coal and stomped away, defeated.

Ayesha watched him disappear, her expression unreadable. She felt a warm hand on her shoulder, trying to reassure her with a soft squeeze. But she didn't turn around.

"Are you okay?" Khushi whispered, when the silence between the two became agonizing.

Ayesha sensed, for the first time ever, fear in her best friend's voice; but it was senseless concern.

Adorning a grin on her lips, she faced Khushi and asked in a deceptively cheery tone,  "It's hot in here, don't you think?"

And without waiting for an answer, she strode off towards the dance floor, stopping a waiter on the way and picking up a bright blue cocktail that she drained in one shot.

"Do you have something real?" she asked, exchanging her empty glass for a full one. "Like tequila? And what is with the crap music?"

"Madam," the waiter replied timidly. "We-"

But she didn't let him finish. Waving her hand to signal his dismissal, she continued walking through the crowded room, until there was no sight of her. It was as if she ceased to exist.

I know, i know! A (sort of) cliffhanger! 😈😆  
But i would love to know your comments on this. I edited this part sooo many times, trying to portray Ayesha in the correct way. So, please do let me know what you thought about her!

I will try my best to update in a week (if not less!). 😃

Archi

alicia212 thumbnail
wow great story pl\z update soon
it's an awesome story
thanks for the pm
N0306 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Loved the update.. Khushi's thank you made my day.. She proved she is a better person than Arnav.

Ayesh-Nina's history and Ayesh-nayan's past.. I thought Ayesh was not from Pune.. I loved it when Arnav didn't take Nina's bad mouthing Ayesh even though he is not very fond of her.

Loved the update and thanks for a quick one too.. And long update is never a problem.. I love long updates..
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Archi!!!

This was absolutely brilliant!!! So, Ayesha has a history? Arnav saved her? WOWWW!!!

Erm- another thing. I have exams and till about 28th of this month... I wont be able to comment. Please bear with me and keep sending me PMs :D please? I promise to catch up after 28th :) promise
.Aisha. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome chapter! Now this is what I call a long update!😆 I wonder what this Nayan did to Ayesha...is Ayesha's past coming out? Anyways, thanks for the PM!
orchidpurple thumbnail

Beautiful update……

Liked the party scene…something different then Ayesh- Khushi boutique…not that I am complaining…😉

This Nina lady is a snob…and she Knows Ayesha….some secret there waiting to be revealed…

Liked the Q&A between media and Khushi- Ayesha.. 👍🏼

Ayesha and KHushi were checking out guys…hahaha…that's was funny…could not have believed Khushi is capable of doing that…

""No," Khushi said. "I know a six-pack when I see one!""…was that really Khushi speaking…😳

Best part of the update….was the way you described Arnav's reaction on seeing Khushi…

" """Dressed in a black dress that ended on her thighs, Khushi appeared to be glowing under the dusky lights. As he watched her stupefied, he vaguely noticed that the deafening music didn't reach his ears anymore and instead a new, more forceful sound filled his soul. It was his heartbeat, thundering through his body, rampaging his mind with the urge to pull her into his arms"""""

Second best….was  "He snorted. "In other words, you are not Arnav Singh Raizada."" 😆….Hhahahhaha…Arnav can be funny at times as well…

And who is this Nayan fellow...blast from Ayesh'a past...another secret...hmmm...we are waiting...

Thx for the PM

OP