Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Targaryen-gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: narangi_77

They're building up slowly Samana...after all they have to drag this for a while you know...😆

but seriously, there are diff accounts of the austerities she performed. I was just re-reading the Kumarasambhava yesterday and acc to that, she sat surrounded by 4 fires in the middle of summer, lived outside during the rains...etc...slowly gave up food till she lived only on leaves and the air...

so the CVs are also slowly building the process...😆

I hope so too Mira. After all they can and have bent the stories at various points. Lol.
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -simirck-

I hope so too Mira. After all they can and have bent the stories at various points. Lol.

"bent" being a euphemism if I ever saw one ! ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜†
Pooja_219 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Sia for the lovely update.😊
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for ur update dear..

What is this for crap from the cv's!!
If Parvathi has started to prove her capabilities (yogyta) then i wont let it happen..she would never be able to prove her yogyta" SHiva says

are they mad!!ðŸĪŠ
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Reshama.

Thanks for ur update dear..

What is this for crap from the cv's!!
If Parvathi has started to prove her capabilities (yogyta) then i wont let it happen..she would never be able to prove her yogyta" SHiva says

are they mad!!ðŸĪŠ

Reshu I am so tired yaar...we've sent the CVs to paagal khana, alcoholics anonymous, drug rehab...kuch nahin hota! Kabhi nahin sudhrenege! ðŸ˜†
Nitu2002 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

^^^^ From what I understand, she didn't exactly fast for 3000 years.  She started by slowly giving up regular meals, then living only on fruits, then living only on berries and finally, bringing it down to nothing.

Did the 16 Mondays vrath happen @ this time?  I thought that it was one of the practices she adapted after marriage

No.. 16 Monday can done by married and unmarried women.  North India, lot of girls do this fast even they are not married.  To wish that they will get husband close to Mahadev.  Even they have Katha for this too.
satiisparvati thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
[
"the story of scorpion is from  Guru Nanak Dev ji's story."
Dear Krishna,

Can you please give me a hint as to what Guru Nanak Dev Ji's story this was. I am a Sikh but I haven't heard this story.  Please answer only if it is acceptable to do so on this thread as we are only suppose to be discussing DKDM, Shiv ji and his life.

Thanks
Tej

kkr531 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: satiisparvati

[
"the story of scorpion is from  Guru Nanak Dev ji's story."

Dear Krishna,

Can you please give me a hint as to what Guru Nanak Dev Ji's story this was. I am a Sikh but I haven't heard this story.  Please answer only if it is acceptable to do so on this thread as we are only suppose to be discussing DKDM, Shiv ji and his life.

Thanks
Tej

It is the same Guru Nanak Ji was taking a bath in river one day. scorpion was flowing away in the river and it was about to get drowned. But Nanak ji took into his hand and held it. it stung his hand so he left it but once again it started to drown. so he again picked it up it went on like this.

one of the passer by asked why do you so that, it is a scorpion its nature is to bite then why do you save it. Then Guruji replied if that dumb animal cannot leave behind its bad quality even after so many trials. How could a human being leave behind his good quality of saving things which are in danger. i will not do it and eventually he pulled it out of water.

moral of the story: if people are so determined about their bad habits. how determined we should be while observing good qualities

regards
krishna
satiisparvati thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Krishna,

TFS!!! Never heard this story before

Regards

Tej
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@Krishna-Thanks for the story on Guru Nanak Ji...
@Sia thank you for the update..
as i said earlier they are going to stretch this track as much as they can...
Even i found it very fimly that Mahadev himself wants to create difficulties for Parvati-like eh???...but im sure they are going to show Mahadev failing at all his attempts-hes doesnt quite know what he is in for...Parvati will effectively manage to cross all the barriers!
but what i liked about the episode was the way in which they managed to get the stronger side of Parvati in the forefront-i know the Shivling thing was crazy and the Scorpion thing was copied...but i think those scenes put in the forefront how Parvati calmly and patiently went through all the barriers in front of her...Sona was good-i just loved the angelic smile she gave when she said kuansa Shivling?..i see Shivlings everywhere!ðŸĪĢ...
regarding the Vrats,they can be done by unmarried girls as well...i guess they are going to show smaller attempts of Parvati till she takes the BIG leap and goes for Tapsya...
about Parvati trying to convince Maina-i think they are trying to draw parallels between Sati and Parvati-maybe to show that despite being the same why Sati failed and Parvati succeed...also i think they are trying to portray Parvati as an ideal daughter(which she was)-she only went on her Tapasya after both Himavan and Maina allowed her to do so...
the episode was actualy good-this creativity is way better than some of the creativity they showed of late-Rati cursing Parvati,Sati meeting Parvati...
compared to that this is at least digestible!ðŸĪĢ...considering what they did to Sati we should have expected this!