I am waiting for the next challenging role: Shweta

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

I am waiting for the next challenging role: Shweta Tiwari

Published: Friday, Jun 29, 2012, 9:22 IST 
By Chaya Unnikrishnan | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA
 Shweta Tiwari

Shweta Tiwari, talks about her loudPunjaban act in her current show, whichis getting attention.

Your role as the loud Punjabi mom in Parrvarish has struck a chord with the viewers. Is it easy portraying one?
Now it is, but initially it was very difficult. Usually, my style of acting is subtle, so being a loud woman didn't come easy to me. HoweverDiya (producer Diya Singh) was confident and even I paid attention to details. I watched Kabhie KhushiKabhie Ghum to see how Kajol had essayed a similar role and Dostanawhere Kirron Kher had done it, just to get a hang of it.

You are playing a mother of two children in the serial. What appealed to you about the role?
The serial is basically about two women, who bring up their children in different ways. While my characterSweety is a strict disciplinarian, Pinky (Rupali Ganguly) believes in pampering her children, which I thought was interesting. As for playing a mother, it doesn't really matter because in my first serialKasauti Zindagi Kay, I have played a mother to actors older than me! I even played a grandmother in it. As long as the role is challenging, it does not matter what I am playing.

So, how are you as a mother in real life, strict or lenient?
A mixture of both (smiles). I am strict when my daughter (Palak) doesn't complete her homework or frollicks in the rain. Otherwise, I pamper her so much that she is the one, who gets sick of it!

You have participated in several reality shows and even emerged as the winner of one (Bigg Boss). Are you game for more?
Why not? Reality shows give you a chance to be yourself. You are at your natural best. Plus, the competition is challenging.

There was this show Mujhe Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao that you had left midway...
Yes, I had my reasons for it.

Was it because a hue and cry was raised about the bathing scenes in the show?
Actually, when we were there, I had no clue what was being shown and what was not.

What kind of a role would you like to play now?
I think I played every shade a character can offer in Kasauti Zindagi Kay, including a ghost! Now, I need a good offer with a challenging role to perform.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_i-am-waiting-for-the-next-challenging-role-shweta-tiwari_1708115

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Faraan92 thumbnail
Hope u get many good offers my darling coz i really want u see u playing different type of chracters..😛
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
She was a lover, wife, mom, grandmom, sister, ghost, spirit and every possible thing in KZK that a woman can be ! 🤣

Now wondering what 'new' thing she would get to portray ! May be a VILLAIN character like she played in Ajeeb.. Or something like Kajol from Gupt movie ! 😍 ST would ROCKKK in it ! OMG I SO miss her subtle acting 🥺.. Sweety ji is ROCKSTAR, but after reading this interview, just watched few KZK scenes .. 🥺.. Miss that too ! 🥺 The subtleness 🥺
Faraan92 thumbnail
When shweta plaed ghost in Kasautii..???😲 i dont remember it..😕😆
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Originally posted by: Faraan_4_Shweta

When shweta plaed ghost in Kasautii..???😲 i dont remember it..😕😆

Faraan marne ke baad logoko bhoot hi bolte hai re.. Remember AP bhoot !? 😆
Faraan92 thumbnail
Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Faraan marne ke baad logoko bhoot hi bolte hai re.. Remember AP bhoot !? 😆

Oh..😲  woh to un dono ki aatma yani Roooh thi..😳

Shweta nay bhoot ban kr kisi ko daraya thori tha..😆 uper say itni pyari larki bhootni kaise ho sakti hai,,😲🤣 woh bhi lal dupatta lay kr..😍🤣 woh koi churail bhootni nahi thi..😆
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Originally posted by: Faraan_4_Shweta

Oh..😲  woh to un dono ki aatma yani Roooh thi..😳

Shweta nay bhoot ban kr kisi ko daraya thori tha..😆 uper say itni pyari larki bhootni kaise ho sakti hai,,😲🤣 woh bhi lal dupatta lay kr..😍🤣 woh koi churail bhootni nahi thi..😆

🤣 Bohot saari logoke concept mein toh Bhoot hi the bhai 🤣 Mai bhi maanti hoon those were Bhoots ( if Bhoot had plural form 🤣 ) 😆

Rooh was the ones when she was talking to herself.. 😳 In many scenes 😳 Or U can say in CK-leaving wala episode AP hug 😳 Those were rooh or spirit.. 😆 But marne ke baad bass ek hi anjaam logo ka - Bhoot 😈 Okie I am scared of ghosts in real life so no more bhoot discussion please dont wanna anger them 😭😭 I am really scared 🤔😭
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Waise Faraan, ST ka hosting wala show aaj hi hai kya ? Sab TV wala 🥺
Faraan92 thumbnail
Okie no more bhoot discussion..😆

Nahi woh 15th July lo lagna hai as far as i know..😳

Aaj ITA lagna hai jis mei Shweta nay performances deni hain..😛
Edited by Faraan_4_Shweta - 11 years ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Ok thanks for the info ji 😳..

Waise aap ne Punjabi sikhna start kar denu ji 😳 Sweety ji da inspiration hai ni ? 😆 Dasso ! ! 😆
Edited by prerna4rishav - 11 years ago