Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Loveforlife thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: villager00

could it be that it's even the other way around??? i mean the promos are kind of giving away too much of what's going to happen next  that the viewers already have an idea and simply watches other show or don't wait anymore for PV??? ðŸ˜•

yeah I sometimes feel that the new segments give away too much Pv team should control how much is shown in these segments and give out more Promos I think we sould write to zee and tell them that..
Edited by Loveforlife - 11 years ago
Allbut1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
@Samana: That actually makes a lot of sense! We have a PH who doesn't obsess over numbers but at the same time they know that they need to keep them in mind because well that's how the Indian TV system works, it's all a number game. So it's quiet possible that they included these filler/parallel tracks in the very weeks that they KNEW BALH will be hogging the spotlight! That way the drop in the numbers is justified and at the end of the day the audience doesn't miss out on too much! We all know that Ekta comes in with a bang and those leap promos were already grabbing all the eyeballs so the 10:30 timeslot was bound to be a mess for a while. So if a high point track had been aired instead and that got these numbers we would have been utterly heartbroken because we would have had much higher expectations! But with the Neelam and then this debate competition track, we knew that the TRPs were bound to decrease so even though this was a rude jhatka it wasn't unexpected! This is something we can all get over and move on from because we know that better things are to come and that when they do the numbers will go up by themselves!

*Sigh* our CVs really are a bunch of geniuses, sometimes I wonder why I even bother pointing fingers at them because they almost always make me feel like a total idiot because they always have the bigger picture in mind! And yeah, I didn't think that JDJ had anything to do with it either but it was a possibility that came to mind and I ended up sharing it! The CVs and GC have been at their time management best so I am sure everything will continue working out just as smoothly and our patience and their hardwork will pay off soon enough!
Allbut1 thumbnail

PUNARVIVAH

Week 29 - (15 JULY 2012 To 21 JULY 2012) - Avg TRP :- 2.40

Televisiontrp.in has finally been updated so we can now get the whole spectrum of numbers!
Allbut1 thumbnail
Here's the average TRP ratings for Week 29 of all Zee TV shows:

Pavitra Rishta - 2.70
Punar Vivah - 2.40
Phir Subah Hogi - 2.10
Mrs. Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuyien - 2.10
Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke - 1.90
Hitler Didi - 1.90
Rab Se Sohna Isshq - 1.80
Afsar Bitya - 0.90

Lost channel leadership But I guess if there is anything to take comfort from it's the fact that every show across the channel decreased marginally so we're not the only ones!
Allbut1 thumbnail
Week # 29 TRPs - 10:30 p.m. time slot

BALH: 4.2
PV: 2.4
MKAP: 2.1
NBTNMKK: 1.8

Not much left to say about BALH except that fact that the margin between it and PV looks entirely way too large 😳 But as was the trend this week neither MKAP nor NBT were spared from the decrease bandwagon as well!
Allbut1 thumbnail
GRP Ratings for Week #29 - Zee TV slips to #3 again

Star Plus - 254 (Last week 276)
Sony - 228 (222)
Zee TV - 221 (253)
Colors - 214 (230)
Life OK - 101 (114)
SAB TV - 129 (123)

Sony jumps from #4 to #2 courtesy of BALH while the other Top 3 GECs see a significant drop from last week! I honestly have never seen such consistency in decreasing numbers before, seems like the entire tellyworld was hit by some sort of storm that no one knew about!
pickachu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I want to know breakdown of this week's trps!

jikky_84 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Maham: This is what I said in DC and I thought I might as well put it here too. This might actually be a strategy of the PH and channel to deal with the BALH rebirth mania. Maybe the CVs are getting through tracks where the numbers were bound to fall anyway during this time, so that even if viewers switch over there, they don't miss the high points on PV. Once things calm down and settle into a routine on the BALH front, which they will if Ekta's history is anything to go by, if PV comes out with a bowl of positive AarYa awesome sauce, everyone will naturally gravitate this way and the high will be higher than it would have been if they tried to compete directly with BALH's high.

Very true, it looks like they were planning it a bit early itself to bring in the Neelam track and then now the debate one, even though the story haven't much progressed, except for Arati's realisation still there is a slow progress in the story. They are planning it well, any kind of high point at this time will not bring back the whole audience from BLAH, so its better to wait for it to come down a bit normal. Even with Bua's presence and not much happening last to last week we had 3.0 trp. Last week all knew there is nothing much going to happen, so shifted to BLAH and may be that is why they are not even giving proper promos.

Once BLAH fevers gets a bit lower, PV comes out with a bang ðŸ˜ƒ
Allbut1 thumbnail
Top 15 daily soaps of Week #29 are:

1. DABH - 5.8
2. BALH - 4.2
3. YRKKH - 3.9
4. BV - 3.8
5. TMKOC - 3.1
SSK - 3.1
7. SNS - 2.9
8. Uttaran - 2.8
9. EHMMBH - 2.7
10. PR - 2.7
11. IPKKND - 2.6
12. PV - 2.4
13. KHTV - 2.3
14. PSH - 2.1
15. MKAP - 2.1

From #8 last week to #12 in this one! The numbers are pretty dismal across the board, but fingers crossed that everything goes back to normal next week and we make our entry in the Top 10 once again!
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Maham: Yup! That is what I love about the Mittals. They are actually very business savvy when it comes to the TV industry, from what I have seen of them so far. They knew the facts about BALH and so I feel like they took a step back during the days when it was imminent that BALH would shoot up, and actually used these weeks cleverly to deal with Bua. I am sure they know by now that Bua is not working for the story dynamic, but they also needed to build a legitimate track for her to get her dues, and for that she had to have ample screen space. After Parshant and Arpita, she is the biggest threat to Aarti and Yash's relationship because she is the only person who is consciously working against it, while everyone else essentially wants it to work. So they needed her to be conquered, at least temporarily, for the AarYa + kids equation to really take off. And so they are cleverly using these weeks when they knew numbers would be down anyway, to get this necessary but unpleasant bit of the story over with, I guess.

The thing that BALH has going for it is that it had a HUGE following in its heyday, and even though the story declined, the pairing of Ram and Priya made a huge impact on people and they continued loving it. Who wouldn't be excited to see the child of their favourite onscreen couple? And it is to the little actor's credit that she has lived up to the hype. The sensitive thing about a leap, though, is that the characterisations have to be maintained and the supporting tracks have to be equally strong. If the writers of BALH manage to keep the story focused on the leads, positive and fun as it use d to be in its heyday, and not get dragged back down into contrived MUs created by third parties, then PV has a really tough climb to the top!