Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pickachu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Maham: Yup! That is what I love about the Mittals. They are actually very business savvy when it comes to the TV industry, from what I have seen of them so far. They knew the facts about BALH and so I feel like they took a step back during the days when it was imminent that BALH would shoot up, and actually used these weeks cleverly to deal with Bua. I am sure they know by now that Bua is not working for the story dynamic, but they also needed to build a legitimate track for her to get her dues, and for that she had to have ample screen space. After Parshant and Arpita, she is the biggest threat to Aarti and Yash's relationship because she is the only person who is consciously working against it, while everyone else essentially wants it to work. So they needed her to be conquered, at least temporarily, for the AarYa + kids equation to really take off. And so they are cleverly using these weeks when they knew numbers would be down anyway, to get this necessary but unpleasant bit of the story over with, I guess.

The thing that BALH has going for it is that it had a HUGE following in its heyday, and even though the story declined, the pairing of Ram and Priya made a huge impact on people and they continued loving it. Who wouldn't be excited to see the child of their favourite onscreen couple? And it is to the little actor's credit that she has lived up to the hype. The sensitive thing about a leap, though, is that the characterisations have to be maintained and the supporting tracks have to be equally strong. If the writers of BALH manage to keep the story focused on the leads, positive and fun as it use d to be in its heyday, and not get dragged back down into contrived MUs created by third parties, then PV has a really tough climb to the top!

Agree!
But looking at Ekta's history MU will definitely happen between the leads.
Loveforlife thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: villager00

could it be that it's even the other way around??? i mean the promos are kind of giving away too much of what's going to happen next  that the viewers already have an idea and simply watches other show or don't wait anymore for PV??? 😕

[email protected]

If anyone wants to send in their suggestions regarding PV 
😊
Pls request them not to give away the future story in the news segments... behind the scenes masti is ok! Cheers!!
-Naresh- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
u knw why ppl like BALH bcoz pihu she is ram & priya girl. so audience like pihu. well not Bad PV is doing very well but let's see next week PV increases TRP rating...
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

What I feel is they want to keep the main trp puller track of Yash falling in love with Aarti post JDJ  because for that track they might hv plans of taking GC and KS for outdoor locations like they did in Diya baati  but to do that JDJ needs to get over first or else outside Mumbai shoot is not possible 🤔...

So till then they r trying to keep the Trps with small interesting filler tracks ... What they need now is some interesting promos even if tracks r small filler types 😛

I will not really call Palak track a filler though , because its an important pending track , but overdose of bua is killing it which needs to b rectified
-Naresh- thumbnail
@ jyoti di totally agree with u...
-Naresh- thumbnail
http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php/writers-gully/spotlight-menu/top-10-shows-of-the-week/item/1200-trps-of-the-week

We have the weekly TRPS once more.
Lets take a look at how the shows have
fared in the last one week.
Fiction Shows:
1. Diya Aur Baati Hum (5.8) - Soaring High
on the charts with Singapore as its
destination!
2. Bade Ache Lagte (4.2) - Dubai, make
overs and the kid seems to be working
wonders!

3. Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlaata Hai (3.9) -
Naitik and Akshara never disappoint!
4. Balika Vadhu (3.8)- So Will Anandi get
married to Shiv? Will Dadisa be successful?
5. Sasural Simar Ka (3.1) -Rolie's exit from
the home has created quite a stir. Tarak
Mehta ka Ulta Chasma (3.1) - A surprise
entry into the list this week!! A good Laugh
always works wonders.
6. Saathiya (2.9) - Gopi or No Gopi, the
drama goes on!
7. Uttaran (2.8) - Dual role, and Mother
daughter tension Galore!
8. Pavitra Rishta and Ek Hazaro Main
Meri Behna Hai (2.7)- Love stories on
both-Way to go!
9. Is Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon (2.6) -
Enough already.Get Arnav and Khushi
together now. Period.
10. Punar Vivaah (2.4)-The first realisation
and bloom of love always works wonders.
Way to go Aarti! 👏👏

Non-Fiction:
DID Little Masters- 4.1
CID: 3.9
Crime Patrol: 3.8
Fear Files and Jhalak Dikhlaja: 2.65
Indian Idol 2.2

Misses of the Week:
Kya Hua Tera Wada missed entering the
top ten by just a point as it scored 2.3 this
week! Looks like the show is finally picking
up months after its launch.
adigaag thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Well o well...this was expected but a loss of 0.6 😲...

Frankly speaking the best epi of last week was Monday's, Wednesdays being the worst of them all because I could see glimpses of earlier episodes of PV which used to drag a scene to the limit and beyond, panning through each and every character face...in some scenes same dialogues were repeated by each character just to give them screen space...Only scene I liked in the wed epi was Yash hugging his daughters...that was one aww moment...The remaining 3 episodes Thursdays, Tuesdays and Fridays were pretty average and I liked them in that order...I'm not sure whether Bua is the reason for worry, but I think CVs neglected Prateek-Paridhi track in between for sometime and resumed  their part of the story again...Relatively newer audience might have found hard to connect with them suddenly...Right now, they are doing the same with Pankaj Vidhi track...parallel tracks should be running in the background...It might be due to the actors unavailibility  as well 😕 but then the show suffers. Buas screen space should be reduced but she should not be completely out of sight.

On the other hand BALH TRPs increased by 1.5 in just 2 weeks ...that is some achievement...Going by some comments, I will have to catch epis of BALH during the weekend I guess, no time during weekdays.
villager00 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I'm not surprised with Zee dropping rank as most of their shows are risky. They're not banking on well-known stars, most of the serials are not high-end romance but injected with social issues and some with rough and tumble settings. Average viewers want escape from reality when they watch serials. They want it beautiful, dreamy and landscaped from characters to existence 😊.
 So, i still congratulate Zee for trying to make a difference in their shows👏👏👏
Ks_143 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Edited by khuda_143 - 11 years ago
Allbut1 thumbnail
According to rumors, BALH mahaepisode on Thursday garnered a 5.6 rating! So who knows what's in store for us this week! 🤔

I am not expecting any miracles but I am hoping for a little uptick in the numbers! I'd even be fine with consistency, just don't let the numbers fall please!