meme4u.com

Ramadan: The Month of BLESSINGS

hukshila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

(May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be on all of you)

RAMADAN is the ninth month of the Islamic Calendar, which consist of 29 - 30 days.  Ramadan brings the message of blessings for all.

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Apostle May Peace be upon Him said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained." (Bukhari, Vol 3, Book 31, Number 123; Muslim, Book 006, Number 2361).

It has great importance in the lives of all Muslims because fasting in Ramadan is obligatory for all MUSLIMS and this is one of the five pillars of Islam.

Narrated by By Abdullah bin 'Umar bin al-Khattab(May Allah be pleased with him):  I heard the Messenger of Allah (May Peace be upon Him), said: "Islam has been built upon five things, on testifying that there is no god save Allah, and that Muhammad is His Messenger; on performing salah; on giving the zakah; on Hajj to the House; and on fasting during Ramadan." (Muslim Hadith 113, Bukhari).

Fasting has been obligatory in all religions before Islam and Allah told us is Qur'an about the Fasts of Ramadan being OBLIGATORY and its purpose in Surah Baqrah Verse 183.

(siggy by  ..Manal..)

It is blessing to take a meal little before Dawn (before Fajer time) so none should avoid taking it.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (May Peace be upon Him), said, "Take Suhur (meal a little before dawn) as there is a blessing in it." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 146; Muslim Book 006, Number 2412)

[There is NO authentic Invocation / Supplication / Dua found in any hadith for fasting as its the intention and no need to say any thing.]

The sick or traveling people can complete the counting of fasting days after Ramadan or if they are old or sick enough that they can never fast they are allowed to stop fasting but they are suppose  to feed some poor for 2 times a day for compensation of each fast.

[Fasting for] a limited number of days. So whoever among you is ill or on a journey [during them] - then an equal number of days [are to be made up]. And upon those who are able [to fast, but with hardship] - a ransom [as substitute] of feeding a poor person [each day]. And whoever volunteers excess - it is better for him. But to fast is best for you, if you only knew.The month of Ramadan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful. (Surah Al-Baqrah 184-185)

In Ramadan the reward of every good deed is multiplied by 10. Allah doesn't want us to be hungry or thirsty all the day but wants us to become righteous as mentioned above in Surah Baqrah verse 183. Being thirsty and hungry makes us (Muslims) realize the pain of suffering people from hunger and thirst so we may not ignore them and help them as much as we can. When we (Muslims) fast, we try to stop ourselves from the wrong deeds, from back biting, from fighting, from abusing, from all kind of evil deeds because without doing so the fast is not acceptable. Basically its a training for the rest of year to control ourselves from the wrong deeds and disobedience.

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet May Peace be upon Him said "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)" (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 127).

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Apostle (May Peace be upon Him) said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 118).

Though eating or drinking is prohibited during fast timings. i.e. from Fajer to Maghrib (Dawn to Sunset) but if someone eats or drinks by mistake, should complete his / her fast because eating unintentionally doesn't break fast.

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (May Peace be upon Him) said, "If somebody eats or drinks forgetfully then he should complete his fast, for what he has eaten or drunk, has been given to him by Allah." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Part of Hadith Number 154)

One should not delay in breaking fast, it should be immediately done after sunset (at Maghrib time).

Narrated by Sahl bin Sad (May Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Apostle (May Peace be upon Him) said, "The people will remain on the right path as long as they hasten the breaking of the fast." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 178).

Supplication / Invocation / Dua for breaking fast.

Praying at Night in Ramadaan (Taraweeh) with sincere faith will be cause of forgiveness of sins, insha'Allah (if Allah wants).

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): I heard Allah's Apostle (May Peace be upon Him) saying regarding Ramadan, "Whoever prayed at night in it (the month of Ramadan) out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 226).

Doing Charity any time is a good work but in Ramadan It should be preferably practiced especially when you are promised to get 10 times more reward for each good deed.

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas(May Allah be pleased with him):  The Prophet (May Peace be upon Him) was the most generous amongst the people, and he used to be more so in the month of Ramadan when Gabriel (angel) visited him, and Gabriel used to meet him on every night of Ramadan till the end of the month. The Prophet used to recite the Holy Qur'an to Gabriel, and when Gabriel met him, he used to be more generous than a fast wind (which causes rain and welfare). (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 126).

Itikaf (staying in Mosque / Masjid for a certain period) is also practiced by Prophet Mohammad Peace by upon him in Ramadan so one who can practice it easily should practice it.

Narrated by 'Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her): Allah's Apostle (May Peace be upon Him)  used to practice Itikaf in the last ten nights of Ramadan and used to say, "Look for the Night of Qadr in the last ten nights of the month of Ramadan ," (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 32, Number 237).

The people fasting during Ramadan will be entered from a separate gate in Heaven as a special honor.

There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it.
( Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 31, Number 120)

Ramadan Mubarak to All of you. You are requested to remember me in prayers. May Allah accept all of our prayers and guide us through right path and bless us in both worlds aammeen.

(siggy by  zee10 )

PS. A special thanks to IF Admin as this is the first forum where I am writing.

PSS: A very Special thanks to all my readers who read my informational and occasional post regularly. Also very special thanks to ..Manal.. for making siggy on my request and editing as per my requirements. It took long time to collect the info on this topic still if some imp info is left I apologize in advance. The purpose of the post is to share the knowledge about Ramadan.

Edited by hukshila - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hukshila thumbnail
Some Necessary Info / Facts about Ramadan

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (May Peace be upon Him) said, "None of you should fast a day or two before the month of Ramadan unless he has the habit of fasting (Nawafil) (and if his fasting coincides with that day) then he can fast that day." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 138)

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): I heard Prophet (May Peace be upon Him) saying, "None of you should fast on Friday unless he fasts a day before or after it." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 206)

Narrated by 'Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her): Allah's Apostle (May Peace be upon Him) said, "Whoever died and he ought to have fasted (the missed days of Ramadan) then his guardians must fast on his behalf." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 173)

Al-Bukhari (1782) and Muslim (1256) narrated that Ibn Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said to a woman from among the Ansaar Ibn Abbaas mentioned her name but I forgot it "What kept you from performing Hajj with us?" She said: We only have two camels and the father of her son and her son had gone for Hajj on one camel, and he left us the other camel so that we could carry water on it. He said: "When Ramadan comes, go for Umrah, for Umrah in (that month) is equivalent to Hajj."

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): the Apstole of Allah (May Peace be upon Him)  commanded the person (who) broke the fast in Ramadan to free a slave or observe fasts for two (consecutive) months or feed sixty poor persons. (Muslim Book 006, Number 2461)

Ibn 'Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said that the Apostle of Allah (May Peace Be upon Him) forbade uninterrupted fasting. They (some of the Companions) said: You yourself fast uninterruptedly, whereupon he said: I am not like you. I am fed and supplied drink (by Allah)." (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 183-188; Muslim Book 006, Number 2426).

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (May peace Be Upon Him) forbade to observe fast on these two days. 'Id-ul-Adha  and 'Id-ul-Fitr. (Muslim Book 006, Number 2534)

By Zayd ibn Khaalid al-Juhani (may Allaah be pleased with him): The Messenger of Allah (May Peace be upon him) said: "Whoever gives Iftar to one who is fasting will have a reward like his, without that detracting from the fasting person's reward in the slightest."
(Al-Tirmidhi, 807; Ibn Maajah, 1746; classed as saheeh by Al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 647.)

Narrated by Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him): the Prophet (May Peace be upon Him)  said "He who vomits involuntarily is not required to fast later on; but the one who deliberately causes himself to vomit must fast later on. (Abu Dawud, Sawm: 32; Al Tirmidhi, Sawm: 25; Ibn Majah, Sawm 16)

Adding on request of
Ahlem
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet, (May Peace be upon Him), said: "There are three people whose supplications are not rejected: the fasting person when he breaks the fast, the just ruler and the supplication of the oppressed". [Al-Baihaqi, Silsilah Ahadith us Sahiha, Lilbani, Part 4, Number 1797; Tirmithi, Ibn Majah and Ibn Hibban]

Some Health Benefits of Fasting

http://mushpanjwani.com/2009/08/23/11-health-benefits-of-fasting/

Can't edit the fist post as it will come down from GA, that's why posting the request from a new member here. I pray to Allah for your Quick health recover aameen. but if you are not well and doc advise you to take meal with intervals as mention on your previous post reply, you are allowed to complete your fasting days later as mentioned with ref of Surah Al-Baqrah verse 185 in above post. Allah asks us not to make harm ourselves.

Originally posted by: zohal_101

AND PLEASE EVERYONE PRAY FOR ME THAT I GET WELL SOON SO I'LL BE ABLE TO FAST THE WHOLE MONTH.

posting another request form a sister, pls pray for her health.
Originally posted by: -chamkilli-

Asalamualikum guys ramadan Mubarak 

do pray for one and other and especially me cuz i am not feeling well
just hope i can fast the whole month of ramadan

Wa alikum Assalam dear, May Allah give you a quick health recovery aameen but if you are not feeling well you can also complete your fasting days after ramadan as stated in my above answer with ref to Quran.

a  request from another sis.
Originally posted by: masaf57

Asalam Alaikum everyone and Ramadan Mubarak. Loved the post it explained alot about Ramadan. I request everyone who reads my comment to plz pray for my uncle he is really sick. thanks for the pm di and the scrap. 

May Allah give a quick health recovery to your uncle aameen.

pls also pray for Mariam sultan
Originally posted by: Mariam_Sultan

Ramadan Mubarak to all Muslims over here.
 pray for me to get well (
I am sick and suffer for years ) 😭
and for my dreams to come true ,
please don't forget me in your prayers..

May Allah give you quick and complete health recovery, i m sorry for posting it late here, just checked it now. May Allah fulfill your dreams and make them better for you ameen. i'll insha'Allah (if Allah wants) remember you in prayers.

I wish n pray for all members, their family and muslim Ummah for health and lots of blessing from Allah especially the guidance for right path aameen.

again lots of thanks to all for taking out to read and for liking my work.

hukshila thumbnail
Some previous Information and Occasional posts / post replies, if some one wants to check again.

CANCER-Fighting Spice Reduces Tumors by 81%-EDITED

Significance of Muharram & Ashura(10th Muharam)

Facts of Valentine day/ Lupercalia festival

Laila tul Meraj: The Greatest Travel

Some Similarities between Islam and Sikhism

A post on Ramadan by a young (only 12 years old) member iluvarshi15 Aqsa, posting here to appreciate her😊...Nice effort dear especially considering your age 👏. May Allah accept your effort and help you more in gaining and spreading more knowledge aameen.
Importance of RAMADAN-

.YixingsManal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Asalam Alaikum Sister <3 !! 
Beautiful Thread <3 
Lemme Reserve now ! as im Outside ! Will be Bk and Edit :) 

-Zahra15- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Assalamualaikum...
Ramadhan Mubarak to all muslims over here...
May Allah shower his blessings over all of us and this month brings out the best of us...
Thanks for this post.
MairaKhan1180 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Asalamo Alaikum Sister🤗

This is such a lovely post, JazakaAllahu Khairan for sharing such beautiful information😊

Remember in your Duas as I'll remember you in mine, inshaAllah.

A very happy Ramadan to you too my love and to all the Muslim Ummah:D
Edited by MairaKhan1180 - 11 years ago
aiim thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
lovely post

wish you and all Muslims too a very happy Ramadan :)

And Thanks for the PM! 😊
illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Walaikum-assalam.

This is an amazing post. Proud to be a muslim. 😃
goollly thumbnail
Assalaam o alaikum , MashaAllah very nice
Mystic_nights_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5