Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Nice discussion, guys! I didn't reply for a long time because I was content reading your posts.

But I just want to say that I too believe Vishnu never left Vaikunta. All his avatars were only amsas of him, because if Vishnu himself left Vaikunta the universe would come to an end, because it is Vishnu who rules the universe at every moment in time.😊 Lord Brahma creates it, Lord Vishnu rules it, and then Lord Shiva destroys it at the end of time.

Entire Vishnu will never have to leave Vaikunta to kill someone, because his amsas are strong enough to do it. No rakshas who was killed by him was so strong that entire Vishnu had to be reborn to kill him. Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Narasimha, Vamana, Parashurama, Rama, Krishna, Buddha/Balarama/Balaji were all amsas. About Kalki I do not know since he did not even come yet.😳

And yes, it's Adhyatma Ramayana that says that Rama was an amsa of Vishnu, Lakshman an amsa of Seshnaga, Bharat an amsa of Sudarshan Chakra, and Shatrughan an amsa of the Panchajanya. This scene was shown in an old telugu movie called Sita Rama Kalyanam.

It starts from 7:09 in here:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UArbZ9BxAc0&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

and the beginning of here:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTaTn4__WSk&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

Only thing is that this movie too showed all of Vishnu being incarnated as Rama, which I believe is wrong since for me, Vishnu is always up there in Vaikunta regardless of which avatar of his is on Earth.
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 years ago
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Gautam Buddha is very much an avtar and one of the 24 avtars. It's mentioned in Srimad Bhagavatam clearly.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely discussion here. Yes I also think Vishnu ji never lefy Vaikundha and all his Avatars were anshas
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nandiniraizaada

Lovely discussion here. Yes I also think Vidshnu ji never lefy Vaikundha and all his Avatars were anshas

i agree with ur comment dear =D
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Entire Vishnu will never have to leave Vaikunta to kill someone, because his amsas are strong enough to do it. No rakshas who was killed by him was so strong that entire Vishnu had to be reborn to kill him. Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Narasimha, Vamana, Parashurama, Rama, Krishna, Buddha/Balarama/Balaji were all amsas. About Kalki I do not know since he did not even come yet.😳

But Krishna is clearly mentioned and believed to be Poorna avatar of Vishnu Chelli. He was not ansha but complete Vishnu. I don't think Vishnu needs to leave Vaikunth even when he incarnates on earth with all his kalas (measure of consciousness). Vishnu in Vaikunth is the super divine supreme yogic body, soul and energy and lives there eternally and the same energy is Narayan the all pervasive in all of us. That can simultaneously take another body (like it has taken so many of them) with complete knowledge of self (which we don't have but Krishna had) and with same Gunas of nature which we associate with Sagun roop of God - Vishnu (One of the Trinities). It's just about having knowledge of self. Self realized body. And there can be multiple self realized bodies. Infinity divided by two doesn't become half infinity. It still remains infinity.
Edited by ShivangBuch - 11 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
I have got this thread here opened from Mytho Masti forum, where it was previously hosted.  We had a good discussion here so far about the validity of the arguments about Buddha being an avatar of Vishnu.  If you have any questions or wish to discuss it further, this is a good place to resume.
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
A great discussion indeed. I came to know many things that I dint know at all. But still I feel in the nutshell, we are not sure about the 9th Avataar. (The closest to our times). 
But I want to state that even in Tibet and Srilaknka the Buddhists do pray Hindu deities, although they consider them as demigods or just the supporter of the supreme God. 
rakshaanra thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
To get this we have Ti go to guru sadhu and sastra

Sri Dasavatara-stotra
(from Gita-govinda)

by Jayadeva Gosvami

(1)
pralaya-payodhi-jale dhritavan asi vedam
vihita-vahitra-caritram akhedam
kesava dhrita-mina-sarira jaya jagadisa hare

(2)
kshitir iha vipulatare tishthati tava prishthe
dharani-dharana-kina-cakra-garishthe
kesava dhrita-kurma-sarira jaya jagadisa hare

(3)
vasati dasana-sikhare dharani tava lagna
sasini kalanka-kaleva nimagna
kesava dhrita-sukara-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

(4)
tava kara-kamala-vare nakham adbhuta-sringam
dalita-hiranyakasipu-tanu-bhringam
kesava dhrita-narahari-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

(5)
chalayasi vikramane balim adbhuta-vamana
pada-nakha-nira-janita-jana-pavana
kesava dhrita-vamana-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

(6)
kshatriya-rudhira-maye jagad-apagata-papam
snapayasi payasi samita-bhava-tapam
kesava dhrita-bhrigupati-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

(7)
vitarasi dikshu rane dik-pati-kamaniyam
dasa-mukha-mauli-balim ramaniyam
kesava dhrita-rama-sarira jaya jagadisa hare

(8)
vahasi vapushi visade vasanam jaladabham
hala-hati-bhiti-milita-yamunabham
kesava dhrita-haladhara-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

(9)
nindasi yajna-vidher ahaha sruti-jatam
sadaya-hridaya darsita-pasu-ghatam
kesava dhrita-buddha-sarira jaya jagadisa hare

(10)
mleccha-nivaha-nidhane kalayasi karavalam
dhumaketum iva kim api karalam
kesava dhrita-kalki-sarira jaya jagadisa hare

(11)
sri-jayedeva-kaver idam uditam udaram
srinu sukha-dam subha-dam bhava-saram
kesava dhrita-dasa-vidha-rupa jaya jagadisa hare

(12)
vedan uddharate jaganti vahate bhu-golam udbibhrate
daityam darayate balim chalayate kshatra-kshayam kurvate
paulastyam jayate halam kalayate karunyam atanvate
mlecchan murchayate dasakriti-krite krishnaya tubhyam namah

Translation:

(1) 0 Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of a fish! All glories to You!
You easily acted as a boat in the form of a giant fish just to give protection to the Vedas, which had
become immersed in the turbulent sea of devastation.

(2) 0 Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of a tortoise! All glories to You!
In this incarnation as a divine tortoise the great Mandara Mountain rests upon Your gigantic back as a pivot
for churning the ocean of milk. From holding up the huge mountain a large scarlike depression is put in
Your back, which has become most glorious.

(3) 0 Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of a boar! All glories to You!
The earth, which had become immersed in the Garbhodaka Ocean at the bottom of the universe, sits fixed
upon the tip of Your tusk like a spot upon the moon.

(4) 0 Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of half-man, half-lion! All
glories to You! Just as one can easily crush a wasp between one's fingernails, so in the same way the body of
the wasplike demon Hiranyakasipu has been ripped apart by the wonderful pointed nails on Your beautiful
lotus hands.

(5) 0 Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of a dwarf-brahmana! All
glories to You! O wonderful dwarf, by Your massive steps You deceive King Bali, and by the Ganges water that
has emanated from the nails of Your lotus feet, You deliver all living beings within this world.

(6) 0 Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of Bhrigupati [Parasurama]!
All glories to You! At Kurukshetra You bathe the earth in the rivers of blood from the bodies of the
demoniac kshatriyas that You have slain. The sins of the world are washed away by You, and because of You
people are relieved from the blazing fire of material existence.

(7) 0 Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of Ramacandra! All glories to
You! In the battle of Lanka You destroy the ten-headed demon Ravana and distribute his heads as a
delightful offering to the presiding deities of the ten directions, headed by Indra. This action was long desired
by all of them, who were much harassed by this monster.

(8) 0 Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of Balarama, the wielder of
the plow! All glories to You! On Your brilliant white body You wear garments the color of a fresh blue rain
cloud. These garments are colored like the beautiful dark hue of the River Yamuna, who feels great fear due to
the striking of Your plowshare.

(9) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of Buddha! All glories to You!
O Buddha of compassionate heart, you decry the slaughtering of poor animals performed according to the rules
of Vedic sacrifice.

(10) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of Kalki! All glories to You!
You appear like a comet and carry a terrifying sword for bringing about the annihilation of the wicked
barbarian men at the end of the Kali-yuga.

(11) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed these ten different forms of
incarnation! All glories to You! O readers, please hear this hymn of the poet Jayadeva, which is most excellent,
an awarder of happiness, a bestower of auspiciousness, and is the best thing in this dark world.

(12) O Lord Krishna, I offer my obeisances unto You, who appear in the forms of these ten incarnations. In the
form of Matsya You rescue the Vedas, and as Kurma You bear the Mandara Mountain on Your back. As
Varaha You lift the earth with Your tusk, and in the form of Narasimha You tear open the chest of the
daitya Hiranyakasipu. In the form of Vamana You trick the daitya king Bali by asking him for only three steps
of land, and then You take away the whole universe from him by expanding Your steps. As Parasurama You
slay all of the wicked kshatriyas, and as Ramacandra You conquer the rakshasa king Ravana. In the form of
Balarama You carry a plow with which You subdue the wicked and draw toward You the River Yamuna. As
Lord Buddha You show compassion toward all the living beings suffering in this world, and at the end of the
Kali-yuga You appear as Kalki to bewilder the mlecchas [degraded low-class men].