•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello!
You will find all the articles regarding the show and it's characters right here.

Thank You,
Deboleena..

1st article by Rangmunch Tv on Buddy Project on Fri 20th July 2012

http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php/writers-gully/spotlight-menu/item/1177-channel-v-launches-new-show-the-buddy-project

2nd article by Rangmunch Tv on Buddy Project on Tue 24th july 2012

http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php/writers-gully/newsbar/item/1192-the-buddy-project-unveiled

New people to join the 'Buddy Project' team

There has been constant reporting about the "Buddy Project" by Sunshine Productions' on 'Channel V'. In the recent report, it was stated that a bunch of brats will be handled by Manav Gohil, who will play the role of a teacher.

The role of students would be played by Cheshta Bhagat, Fahad Ali and Jatin Sharma. This show basically revolves around 4 boys and 4 girls who develop feelings for each other. According to our reliable sources, other names include Nikhil Mehta, Jaisingh, Krishna Patel, Bharti Kumar and Kunal Kulbhushan.

Earlier, tit bit roles and ad films have been done by these actors. It has been reported already that Palak Jain will also be seen playing the role of a student. The show will be aired on television somewhere around mid july. For more updates, keep reading our space.

The Buddy Project loosely based on Chak De! India
Channel V's forthcoming youth-oriented show The Buddy Project focusses on the student-teacher relationship, and producer Sudhir Sharma says it is on the lines of Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Chak De! India.

"This is today's story and we have added a layer of teacher-student relationship in it. We want to capture the spirit that you saw in Chak De! India," Sharma of Sunshine Productions, told IANS.

"It's about how a teacher is going to teach these kids and how these kids will change the teacher's life. We are capturing this interesting relationship for the first time," added Sharma.

The show is contemporary in theme, and deals with the education system.

"(Through this show) We are talking about education system, prosperity and whether only theoretical knowledge is important or field knowledge also matters. We are touching these issues because today's kids are really smart.

"Today's kids are more career conscious. They are more focused, clear in their heads, more vibrant and talented. They have more information through the internet and there is loads of data and information available to them," he said.

The show holds a lot of significance for Sharma as well as the channel.

"With this show, Channel V is finally converting itself from a music channel to a youth-based GEC (general entertainment channel)," said the producer, who has earlier churned out shows like 12/24 Karol Bagh and Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha.

"They (Channel V) already have three serials, so the challenge was how we can be different from these shows and from whatever we have done in the past. We have seen enough stories of a small town girl coming to a big city. We needed more ideas which capture issues of today's youth," he added.

Not only is the show youthful, but so is the team and crew. The entire team is under 30 years of age.

"We want to think the way today's youth is thinking. Sajid (Sajid Ali), who has co-written Cocktail as well, is writing the story. He is a 25-year-old boy. We are working with the people who can think the way today's youth thinks," said Sharma.

The Buddy Project will go on air July 23.

Sunshine Productions' new show The Buddy Project on Channel V is on air. It's a simple show with a deep rooted emotional connect. What are we talking about? Read on…

The title itself reveals that The Buddy Project, is a young and peppy show which revolves around the relationship between a motivational teacher, played by Manav Gohil, and eight young kids. It will capture the varied and diverse emotional connect between the kids and the educator. Manav, as Aniruddh, will be a strong guiding force who will teach the greater meaning of life to the kids without losing on the innocence and fun part.

The young group comprises of newbies Fahad Ali, Jatin Sharma, Cheshta Bhagat, Palak Jain, Kunal Kulbhushan Jaisingh, Nikhil Mehta, Krishna Patel and Bharti Kumar. The young bloods will be seen as different avatars, be it a prankster, a lover boy, tomboy et al.

Recently, the makers (Sunshine Productions) threw a launch party of the show wherein Tellychakkar.com caught up with the producers.

Said Sudhir Sharma: "It's a youth-based show on Channel V and airs at 6 pm. The show basically targets the young audience.

There's also a repeat telecast at 10.30 pm and umpteen times the next day."

So will it clash their other project on Colors, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, which also air at the 10 30pm slot.

"Well it surely won't affect the TRP's of Na Bole… as the target audience is quite different and Channel V is not a GEC but a YEC (Youth Entertainment Channel). We are sure that many of those kids who see the show can relate to one or the other character of the show."

Well, we hope the Buddy Project creates a rage amongst the youth!!!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tellychakkar.com%2Fnews%2Fbuddy-project-channel-v-all-about-youth-trying-identify-themselves&h=PAQFjpg3XAQEVsUyp1JbSVZFPAHHUpJABJtoZHKoPhH-c0A&enc=AZMpi-oS_kWlUM5YP9FAXMfW3dY2iVLZL7zogDoxx-CrchN8PB3ameYtcd3mpl1FlaNMsqgxEDZiMZ2p549wgEuI

SMALL SCREEN'S BFFs

Remember the last time you tied a friendship band around your best friend's wrist? You went to the same school/college, shared secrets and laughed and cried over heartbreaks and first crushes. With Friendship Day around the corner, here's a look at some of the tube's best portrayals of this wonderful relation, as they are etched in our memories.

Musical ties 
A fresh cast and a unique story, Remix was an instant hit with the youth as Tia, Ranveer, Aashi and Yuvi (played by Shweta Gulati, Karan Wahi, Priya Wal and Raj Singh Arora respectively) were friends forever who had their share of ego clashes, but also bonded over music. The cool foursome became teen icons overnight and made the show the hottest campus caper on telly. 

Doctors and friends 
?Being a medical intern seemed a whole lot of fun in Dill Mill Gayye, that explored the loves, laughs and highs of the lives of six would-be doctors. Of course, it was another matter that the scorching equation between Karan Singh Grover and Shilpa Anand made millions of hearts melt, but DMG was primarily a fun take on friendship too! 

Cadet buddies 
Set in an armed force training academy, Left Right Left, revolved round a bunch of dedicated and devoted cadets (played by once newbie actors Priyanka Bassi, Harshad Chopra, Arjun Bijlani, Vikas Manaktala and Kunal Karan Kapoor) and their close bond with each other through tough times. 

Campus calling 
The Buddy Project is set in a college which has its wild, beyond control students and professors who find it tough to tame them. Loosely based on the Shah Rukh Khan hit Chak De! India,Buddy Project is about eight friends from different family background and how they come together for one common goal. 
TOI: Small screen's BFFs (article) 
-Credit for the original post : Anam.

BFFs
Miley Jab Hum Tum created waves with the Indian audience during its two year run. Almost overnight Mayank (Arjun Bijlani), Nupur (Rati Pandey), Samrat (Mohit Sehgal), Gunjan (Sanaya Irani), Dia (Navina Bole), Uday (Jaspreet Singh Grover) and Benji (Abhishek Sharma) acquired a huge fan base and a number of fans on microblogging sites, thanks to their undying reel rapport that seemed almost real. 

Ring it in 
Humse Hai Life might essentially revolve around the dreams and ambitions of Sia (played by Abigail Jain), but it also takes the audience through her equation with her group of friends who are part of her dreams, and captures the highs and lows of the roller-coaster ride that she lives through in her stint at the swank high school. 

Dance like friends 
The first dance-based fiction show on Indian television, Dil Dosti Dance, or D3 as its more popularly known as, is a hatke story about boys and girls with lightening in their feet and dreams of becoming the next big thing in dance. Kunwar Amarjeet Singh, Shantanu Maheshwari and have kept the audience dancing to their tunes for the last one year. 
Latest Article OF TBP 😃

http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php/writers-gully/reflections-menu/item/1384-the-buddy-project-%E2%80%93-kichdi-ala-carte

No chocolate boy roles for me: Fahad Ali

No chocolate boy roles for me: Fahad Ali

Fahad Ali, seen as rebellious teenager Keshav Desai (KD) inChannel V's "The Buddy Project", likes doing intense roles and says that he is fond of grey undertones in his character.

Fahad Ali, seen as rebellious teenager Keshav Desai (KD) in Channel V's "The Buddy Project", likes doing intense roles and says that he is fond of grey undertones in his character.

"I prefer playing intense roles. I like the grey shades in my character. I don't exactly like playing complete negative roles, but I don't want to do chocolate boy roles," he told IANS.

The actor has been seen in other shows like "Balika Vadhu", "Chhoti Si Zindagi", "Zindagi Kahe - Smile Please" and teen show "Gumrah".

But what he enjoys most is the teen shows.

"I prefer teen shows. They are very different from other mainstream shows," said the 25-year-old who associates with his character to a large extent in "The Buddy Project".

"My character talks less and is very straight-forward. He is a middle-class boy and is independent. I am also like that in real life," added Fahad, who is also looking at the big screen roles.

"I want to be a part of Bollywood. But as of now I am loving this show ('The Buddy Project') and I love playing the character," he said.

After being on screen for almost three years now, Fahad said he wants to "take a break from TV shows for a while".

"I want to assist Vishal Bhardwaj for some film. I have not got any offers as of now, but I want to do this. I want to see how a film is made," he said.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13029-no-chocolate-boy-roles-for-me-fahad-ali.htm