Gappa Tappa Corner - Page 110

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by spashta-wakta

What's the deal with ZM and the last name 'Saranjame'? I haven't met anyone with that last name in real life, but that uncommon last name has featured in 3 different ZM serials: Asambhav (Kishore Kadam & Chinmay Mandlekar were Saranjames), Kunku (Bhushan Pradhan & his mom were Saranjames) and now Abhiman Saranjame is threatening to get married to Asmita in the eponymous serial. Does anyone remember any other Saranjames?

Co-incidently Asambhav madhe Chinmay Mandlekar cha naav hi Abhimaan Saranjame hota... ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›... ZM navin naav shodha...
Originally posted by mishkil88

arre re - topalya takane navhe tar patya takane u mean ?? toplya takne doesn't exist or has diff meaning ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

🤣

toplya kay patya kay ... tyatun je kahi takale jatay te 'waste'cha aahe (na?).

Mala kuthalaahi 'jaatiwachak' artha abhipret navhata.
Edited by deepa911 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by deepa911

🤣

toplya kay patya kay ... tyatun je kahi takale jatay te 'waste'cha aahe (na?).

Mala kuthalaahi 'jaatiwachak' artha abhipret navhata.
baap re...jativachak vagaire aaplyala bumper aahe..😆😆

SK has the advantage of being from Pune and an Engineer who has also studied in Australia. So good Marathi and English are expected of him. Yes, I haven't noticed a single pronunciation mistake from him. So in my books, the LP vs SK score difference, instead of being 19-20 is more like ATKT vs 1st class with distinction.

Apart from being "PUNEKAR KETKAR" (tyat tyacha credit kahi nahiye...😊)... another thing is that he is a good poet... and so marathitun kavita karayla his marathi has to be shuddha...(i know me swata he "MINGLISH" madhun lihitye...😉😉😉

ani dusra mhanje SSK chya FB profile var me kuthe tari asa vachala ki tyachi aai Geetapathanache classes ghete/ghet hoti... so tyanche sanskrut/marathi bhashevar prabhutva asnarch... je oghane SK madhe aalay...

don't know about his Hindi pronounciation... pan tyachya kahi hindi/urdu kavita hi aahet tyachya FB profile var...which are quite good...

Arthat shuddha hindi lihina ani shuddha hindi bolana yaat jamin asmanacha farak aahe...😊
Originally posted by mishkil88

SW : surprised with your minute detailed observation - btw kunku & asasmbhav screenplay writer was mandlekar  and he won lot of accolades for that so it must be his branchild (saranjame) but asmita team must have picked up from these serials. 

I think Saranjaame surname was first introduced in PuLa's Asaa mi asaamee. Naanu saranjaame was Bembtya's actor/writer friend. His character might have been an inspiration for the name to be reused ðŸ˜Š
Originally posted by Neela007

OK, we better not start a war on the gappa-tappa forum ðŸ˜ƒ
After reading this I gave up else you know what?           *Just kidding*

They can also have a course on written/ spoken English for script/ dialogue writers & directors.

SK has the advantage of being from Pune and an Engineer who has also studied in Australia. So good Marathi and English are expected of him. Yes, I haven't noticed a single pronunciation mistake from him. So in my books, the LP vs SK score difference, instead of being 19-20 is more like ATKT vs 1st class with distinction.

Hi Neela, SW:
I couldn't agree more with your views. From my knowledge, theater learning does include dedicated Diction exercises. For eg. there are Sanskrut shlok-sadrush but meaningless long lines which they have to repeat in different volume levels. Another one includes mouthing really tough tongue-twisters, while walking the entire stage, so that they get used to speaking clearly while walking/doing different gestures. These are very helpful exercises.

I think I have read that both Shashank Ketkar and Lalit Prabhakar have strong theatre backgrounds. One might wonder if no one pays attention to such detailing now-a-days!
P.S. - I have not watched their shows, so I cannot comment on their diction quality.

Originally posted by deepa911

Ekunaatach 'topalya takane' hi garaj zali aahe. And as SW had said before, those who have tested little success are entrapped in  'swanta-sukhay' web 

Maybe I didn't get what you are trying to say. 'swAntah sukhAy' means the doer is doing something for the pleasure of taking the action (i.e. for his own pleasure) and not for any ulterior motive viz. earning money, getting praise etc.
So those who have experienced little success are usually more likely to repeat a winning formula and less likely to do something for the pleasure of it. 

I want to see 2 plays : Vada Chirebandi , Begam Memory aathvan gulam. If anyone has seen let me know your feedback. Last wk i couldn't get tickets for Vada... Edited by mishkil88 - 9 years ago

Maybe I didn't get what you are trying to say. 'swAntah sukhAy' means the doer is doing something for the pleasure of taking the action (i.e. for his own pleasure) and not for any ulterior motive viz. earning money, getting praise etc.
So those who have experienced little success are usually more likely to repeat a winning formula and less likely to do something for the pleasure of it. 

SW, thanks explaining about 'swAntah sukhAy meaning in depth. Definitely I didn't mean 'doing something for the pleasure of taking the action (i.e. for his own pleasure) and not for any ulterior motive'

But, I did mean the 'bold' part and they are happy with that. Can there be more appropriate 'phrasing' for it? 
Edited by deepa911 - 9 years ago