Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: deepa911

But, I did mean the 'bold' part and they are happy with that. Can there be more appropriate 'phrasing' for it? 

I am reminded of a phrase from a Pink Floyd song from 'Another Brick In The Wall': 'I have become, comfortably numb'. This perfectly explains people who reach a state of equilibrium where minimum efforts give them adequate success and so they are reluctant to step out of the routine lest the success desert them.
spashta-wakta thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishkil88

I want to see 2 plays : Vada Chirebandi , Begam Memory aathvan gulam. If anyone has seen let me know your feedback. Last wk i couldn't get tickets for Vada...

I saw BMAG. It's quite decent. I could easily guess the way it was going to end. Nikhil Ratnaparkhi is expectedly good but the surprise package is Sankarshan Karhade (Meera's husband from 'MalA sAsU hawI' and also the host of a weekend cooking show. Every actor plays at least 2 roles and it's an interesting and unusual plot.
.Neela. thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishkil88

SW : surprised with your minute detailed observation - btw kunku & asasmbhav screenplay writer was mandlekar  and he won lot of accolades for that so it must be his branchild (saranjame) but asmita team must have picked up from these serials. 

LOL...apparently the Saranjame fever has gone viral and infected ETV also.  Happened to see the latest episode of Kamla on ETV, *ing Akshar Kothari and he was talking about showing some Saranjame his place 😆.  Did not like this serial even a bit 😔.

IMHO Akshar Kothari deserves a 2/10 in acting.  The freshness on his face had gone stale by the mid of Bandh Reshmache, his 1st serial.  Apparently he's a by-product of the Vaman Kendre workshop 👎🏼  and so is his girl friend Manasi Naik (nope not the dancing one...but the one from Hya Gojirwanya gharaat.  

Title song of BR:  The one lifting the books is AK, Suparna Shyam was the lead opposite him in BR.  She acted in the recent stage show Thashta.

mishkil88 thumbnail
@neela - hats off to u...wondering how do u manage seeing so many serials despite being in US ?? i recollect u r working as IT professional right ?
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neela007

Title song of BR:  The one lifting the books is AK, Suparna Shyam was the lead opposite him in BR.  She acted in the recent stage show Thashta.

Seeing this title song, made me nostalgic for the two favorites which we all were following quite avidly here in this forum 😛

Kulavadhu  and Kunku 😊

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceBlFja4fHk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnRS83X9jb0[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by vidya0906 - 9 years ago
spashta-wakta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pooriya

Hi Neela, SW:
I couldn't agree more with your views. From my knowledge, theater learning does include dedicated Diction exercises. For eg. there are Sanskrut shlok-sadrush but meaningless long lines which they have to repeat in different volume levels. Another one includes mouthing really tough tongue-twisters, while walking the entire stage, so that they get used to speaking clearly while walking/doing different gestures. These are very helpful exercises.

I think I have read that both Shashank Ketkar and Lalit Prabhakar have strong theatre backgrounds. One might wonder if no one pays attention to such detailing now-a-days!
P.S. - I have not watched their shows, so I cannot comment on their diction quality.

Yes, there are many ways for performance artists to improve themselves all the time. Those who do so have a long career while those who rest on their laurels shine briefly and fade out fast.

HSMHG's Shashank Ketkar & JYRG's Lalit Prabhakar have huge fan followings - reading a few pages of each forum is enough to notice this. The crazier among these can and do get intolerant (and intolerable) of the slightest criticism of their heroes.

Like a few others, I roam on both these forums and call myself an 'equal opportunity critic' of both shows. It's just that I find LP to be a bit lazy when it comes to improving himself. No matter where you are born and how you are brought up, you must represent the milieu of the serial when you act. Now SSK is highly educated and is brought up in a big city like Pune and is naturally used to speaking Marathi the way a highly educated 'Shrirang Gokhale' living in an upscale area of Mumbai would. So he is a natural in his role in HSMHG. 

LP, in contrast, comes from a smaller place and grew up speaking a different style/ dialect of Marathi than is spoken by the Desai family of JYRG. So he has had a much bigger learning curve to fit into the role of a highly educated 'Aditya Desai'. (BTW, LP was a natural in the role of Lakhanya in GPGS.) IMHO, he can do better with his pronunciations and also emoting. E.g. his fans LOVE the way he says 'hAy nA?' in place of 'Ahe nA?' but my point is, would Aditya Desai, a C.A. coming from a family where no one else speaks that way, say 'hAy nA' for 'Ahe nA'?  

It would be interesting to see SSK play a role that is very different from his comfort zone. E.g. I am very impressed with the versatility of actresses like Mukta Barve (Agnihotra vs ELDG), Mrunmayi Deshpande (Agnihotra vs Kunku), Bhargavi Chirmulay (Pinjara vs Vahinisaheb) & so on.
-Zoey- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

--Comment removed--

Edited by -Zoey- - 9 years ago
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

Yes, there are many ways for performance artists to improve themselves all the time. Those who do so have a long career while those who rest on their laurels shine briefly and fade out fast.

HSMHG's Shashank Ketkar & JYRG's Lalit Prabhakar have huge fan followings - reading a few pages of each forum is enough to notice this. The crazier among these can and do get intolerant (and intolerable) of the slightest criticism of their heroes.

Like a few others, I roam on both these forums and call myself an 'equal opportunity critic' of both shows. It's just that I find LP to be a bit lazy when it comes to improving himself. No matter where you are born and how you are brought up, you must represent the milieu of the serial when you act. Now SSK is highly educated and is brought up in a big city like Pune and is naturally used to speaking Marathi the way a highly educated 'Shrirang Gokhale' living in an upscale area of Mumbai would. So he is a natural in his role in HSMHG. 

LP, in contrast, comes from a smaller place and grew up speaking a different style/ dialect of Marathi than is spoken by the Desai family of JYRG. So he has had a much bigger learning curve to fit into the role of a highly educated 'Aditya Desai'. (BTW, LP was a natural in the role of Lakhanya in GPGS.) IMHO, he can do better with his pronunciations and also emoting. E.g. his fans LOVE the way he says 'hAy nA?' in place of 'Ahe nA?' but my point is, would Aditya Desai, a C.A. coming from a family where no one else speaks that way, say 'hAy nA' for 'Ahe nA'?  

It would be interesting to see SSK play a role that is very different from his comfort zone. E.g. I am very impressed with the versatility of actresses like Mukta Barve (Agnihotra vs ELDG), Mrunmayi Deshpande (Agnihotra vs Kunku), Bhargavi Chirmulay (Pinjara vs Vahinisaheb) & so on.

@Pooriya, it seems you are from theater background (from the bold part above) and /or has more liking in 'theater activities' (your 1st post was asking about Purshottam karandak). Great to have your here on this thread. Pl keep posting (and educating us!)

SW, you (as usual) live up to your forum-id (and knowledge). 

By the way, If I heard correctly, 'fresh' ashudhha from LP was in yesterday's episode (2 Dec 14). During conversation in home after coming back from dinner he said ' hya bachelor lokanche jaam problem astat ha. Jevan (na - 'nalaatala(cock) baNavaNa (baNa - Na'Baanaatala (arrow)'). 

I do not wish (or dare  😕 🤢) to post this on JYRG thread. perhaps day by day that thread turning into FB page

Edited by deepa911 - 9 years ago
Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

No matter where you are born and how you are brought up, you must represent the milieu of the serial when you act

Agree with the bold.

I heard SK has played quite different character than his HSMHG one, in his new play Goshta tashi gamtichi... In the sense, the nature of the two people is quite different, may not be the background. I'm yet to watch that play, but generally got good feedback about it.

All the actresses you mentioned are quite good, Mukta being way ahead in the league :) You cannot help but appreciate her in roles like Jogwa, Agnihotra and ELDG. I loved ELDG even more because of her presence 😊

Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepa911

@Pooriya, it seems you are from theater background (from the bold part above) and /or has more liking in 'theater activities' (your 1st post was asking about Purshottam karandak). Great to have your here on this thread. Pl keep posting (and educating us!)

SW, you (as usual) live up to your forum-id (and knowledge). 

By the way, If I heard correctly, 'fresh' ashudhha from LP was in yesterday's episode (2 Dec 14). During conversation in home after coming back from dinner he said ' hya bachelor lokanche jaam problem astat ha. Jevan (na - 'nalaatala(cock) baNavaNa (baNa - Na'Baanaatala (arrow)'). 

I do not wish (or dare  😕 🤢) to post this on JYRG thread. perhaps day by day that thread turning into FB page

Hi Deepa, thanks for the kind words 😛
I won't say I have theatre background, but I did participate in college level as well as some Marathi MandaL play competitions. Mainly as backstage and music group member and not as an actor. Also, I have friends who are culturally very active. Basically I do have huge interest in theatre and music..
I'll of course share my experiences but even I'm here to learn many things, so do educate me too 😃
Edited by Pooriya - 9 years ago