Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DulceTentacion. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Haha! the Queen jumping out of the helicopter was hilarious.  Edited by DulceTentacion. - 11 years ago
DulceTentacion. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I enjoy watching the Swimming Olympics, although i find the paralympic Olympics quite cool.  Hockey brings back sweet bitter memories, at school i was once whacked on the arm by a hockey stick *ouch* during P.E. Hockey was always fun to play, everyone used to become so aggressive lol. ๐Ÿ˜†
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I think the point of the Queen act was to get people talking. Half the office today was discussing whether it was really the Queen that jumped off or someone else lol. The world has this huge obsession with all things British so it was smart to go with the British theme. Just look at the media coverage of Kate and William's wedding and the whole Jubilee weekend.

Regarding the small amount of screen time Team India got, I agree it was disappointing. (so was the yellow sarees) there was a lot more controversy surrounding the girl in red than the amount of screen time lol.

Ok so the seat problem? Well, 75% of seats are allocated to the general public and are virtually all sold out. 15% are allocated to sponsors like McD's, EDF, CocaCola etc and it is their responsibility to distribute those tickets either via promotions or by other means e.g. giving them to corporate clients.

India wins its first medal! :D shame about the hockey and archery today. I feel bad for Tom Daley too. :(
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Woah Pakistan drew Spain? I hope they do even better :D it will be fun lol

@Anu - agree to u abt pk dress ..it actually reminded me of the singers singing patriotic songs during Pakistan day parade lol .. Same dress except ptv insignia wa replaced by pk flag .. Still it was a slight improvement on the blazers they used to wear .. I was more disappointed by the ladies dress .. They looked like airhostesses :| oh well .. I hope we see a better dresses next tym

About screen time .. I guess it depends more on the size of the contigent and not the country itself :s I remember thinking that they (Indian contigent) looked absolutely miserable .. I mean they look fine in pix but not so much live on tv

Has the mystery of lady in red been solved yet lol?

Congo on the the medal :)

And I loved the opening ceremony .. May be because it was so British lol .. I still haven't watched the full thing ... I guess repeats will come after the olympics are over

And why am I so anxious about Brit victories this year lol? For some reason I m almost as excited about their bronze in gymnastics as ordinary Brits :p weird huh :s? Edited by Arwen. - 11 years ago
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ok thank you girls for the explanation.

H: yes world has huge obession with British however "main hon hi nahi is duniya ka" lol.

A: I didnt get to see the ladies as time was too short. The dress should not be too loose. This is why formal dress is sherwani.

In any case no big deal. One thing I liked was effort put by all. We cannot take away that.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Eeksss! Congrats Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa for winning that women's doubles match against all odds playing against world ranked #10!!! What a closely fought match! I thought it was adorable the way they were soaking in the applause from all the Indian supporters at Wembley! :D Really hope these two girls go on to beat Singapore now to make it to the quarter finals.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
@Arwen: LOL yep it was a member of the performing cast of the Olympics who obviously is fascinated by India so just tagged along lol. Indian officials as usual over-react and demand an apology from everyone.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Sania nehwal in pre- quarter...๐Ÿ‘Well done Saina..Keep it up!!๐Ÿ‘

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Men's 200 m butterfly!!!!

That was epic! I couldn't believe what happened! Poor Phelps ...

Okay scratch that poor phelps .. He is officially the great Olympian ever! WowEdited by Arwen. - 11 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I watched some ladies weight lifting , it was quite horrendous lifting all those irons and some got injured !
Edited by Summer3 - 11 years ago