**Final Rules and Warnings for all**

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Final Rules and Warnings for all

In last few days there have been lots of complaints regarding repitative posts and use of abusive language against members of the forum and also the judges and contestents in the show ...

Let me clear one thing to you all , that initially I thought of being a bit linient and easy-going with you all since a reality show forum is suppose to be a little volatile with healthy debates and criticisms since unlike a daily soap forum , here members will not just open appreciation or praise posts for all contestents but will open more posts debating various issues like whether judges r fair or not  , whether a contestent is deserving or not and in such posts a bit of heated arguments are common ...

But now things have gone a bit extreme with many members starting to use abusive , offensive and deregatory terms against the judges , contestents and even members of the forum which is strictly against IF rules and so I m forced to open this final Rules and Warning topic for you all 😊...

I know many members will yet again raise question on how Dev team is curtailing the freedom of expression here but we did give u all the freedom to debate for last so many weeks .. End result is posts turning abusive and offensive and I m getting PMs from the members about why Dev team is not doing anything ... So based on your complaints only Dev team will do everything that we normally do in a daily soap forum regarding issuing the warnings and closing or editing offensive/abusive/repitative posts  ...

These are the following actions which Dev team will start taking from here on ..

Regarding repetitive topics: Many times it has come to the attention of the DT that members create topics, that have already been discussed several times in the forum ...

For example: Topics on Purvi has been discussed multiple times in the forum , so anymore topics opened on Purvi alone will be either merged with her old topics or will be closed straightaway without any mod notes ... 

Any topic which is found repitative will b closed from here onwards .. but we expect a equal cooperation from members too in reporting those repitative topics as keeping the forum clean and tidy is not just the responsibility of dev team but also the members of the forum have equal responsibility towards it ...

Regarding Spamming/Chatting:Many times Posts go till 20-25 pages of discussion but when one goes through the posts ,half of the pages are filled with Chit-chatting among the members using only emoticons or code words which are not really related to the show .These are considered as spamming and is against IF rules .So plss make sure such type of spamming is avoided .Chatting is allowed only in Appreciation threads but not elsewhere but even in Appreciation threads make sure theres no sarcastic comments made on other judges or contestents  .If the discussion is really interesting then we won't mind it going for even 50 pages,but if we find that same points are repeated again and again in every post and the post is going nowhere but has turned into a chat thread after a certain point we will close it with a note.😊

DONT Make MIDs to bash the Contestents or Judges  : This particular issue has increased in the last few months on IF.There are many members who are creating Multiple IDs or using proxy servers just to bash the Contestents and the Judges using Foul Language . Dev Team can very well find out the members who are having more than one ID and if someone is found guilty then that member's original ID might immediately face a straight ban or an IP block .So its a request that if any member is having doubts on any particular Member ID kindly report it or pm  the Dev team .

No Personal Attacks/Name Calling/Sarcastic Comments/Instigating or Provoking posts will be tolerated anymore  :Personal attacks with sarcastic comments or making deliberate instigating/provoking posts is another common issue and this is what instigate fights between different fan grps .If a member does not agree with another member's POV,try to ignore the post or simply state your own POV saying "I disagree with you for so and so reason" instead of saying "Just stop your nonsense"  which comes under personal attack  ;India-Forums gives us the freedon of expression and so everyone has the right to speak out what they feel is correct but that does not mean you will force your opinion on others via personal attacks  .So these are the condition we are putting on this issue with a hope that the members will follow it.

• If any member finds anything offensive/abusive/deregatory in a particular comment or post of another member,instead of quoting the member back , just report the comment/post immediately by pressing the report  button or pm the Dev team and then step out of that thread immediately .Then Wait at least 2-3 days for us to take action as its not always possible for us to be online 24/7. But we assure you that action will be taken within 3 days.
  • Sarcastic comments will also not be tolerated  because even they come under personal attacks..for eg :"Making indirect attacks on a Member's family or upbringing or questioning the Member's  qualification in  a particular field...These are all sarcastic comments where another member is directly getting targetted...If we find anybody involved in such type of sarcastic comment,we will be editing that member's post immediately and will be deleting the comment followed by a warning PM send to that member and even if he/she continues with it, further action will be taken in terms of warning level rise or a direct ban. 😊 
  • Name Calling (Using B or F or many such abusive words)  have become a very big issue on IF these days which can hurt the sentiments of that particular judge or contestent's  fan group ,So no such name calling will be tolerated . ...Dev team will instantly edit such posts and directly raise the warnings of those members without any warning PMs...

Constructive Criticism is allowed but strictly NO Bashing :Many times members have put forward these queires like which words come under constructive criticism and what comes under bashing..let me make it clear for all ...
  • Personal attacks/Name calling, using  foul language and making derogatory comments against any particular member or contestents or judges comes under Bashing which is not allowed but disagreeing with someone's POV and stating your own POV with a proper justification and decent language comes under constructive criticism or a healthy debate which is allowed.
  • Usage of extreme foul or filthy languages(like the B or F word) will not be tolerated and whoever breaks this rule will face a severe action. But usage of words like "XYZ's singing was pathetic  or judges were biased or this is nonsense judgement"  can be allowed depending on the context in which we are using these words or sentences ..There is a thin line between constructive criticism of a  contestent or a judge and direct  bashing..try to maintain that thin line in your discussions. 😊...Rest we r here to judge the rest ..so plss report posts which u feel comes under bashing and leave the rest on us to decide whether the report is valid or not rather than taking things in your own hand 😊
  • If a member is bashing a particular contestent ,don't follow the member and do the same. Instead report the post immediately and try not to comment in that post anymore because the more members comment on such post ,more instigating the topic becomes and this is how fights and rivalries between two fan groups keep extending.So the best way to maintain peace is to ignore any sort of instigating posts as Mods will be there to deal with such posts and members .

Hope I have made all the Rules and Warning procedures clear in this post ... If you have any further queries , put up in this post itself and you will be given a reply asap 😊

Indian Idol 6 Dev Team

Edited by jyoti06 - 11 years ago
Dear Moderator, pls take action against on some members who r using vulgar,foul n cheap language towards other members...
v respect ur rules.if v r giving our opinion n critisized it only bcoz v want to c this program on da top of all.v respect,love n like all respected judges always.they r all time our favourite iss liey v watch every season with full concentration.v dont want k kuchh bhi wrong ho inn se jis se koi inn ko discuss kre.they hav good personlity n aik mqaam hey in ka hmaari life main n v want from da bottom of our heart k hmaarey dil main ossi tra rahain.best wishes for all judges.keep this program up n up bcoz poora saal hm wait krte hain iss ka.if any1 criticiz it its only for da betterment of this show take it positiv please!!n 4give us if anybody hurt...v all take care of da points that u raised.
Originally posted by .Shayari.

Dear Moderator, pls take action against on some members who r using vulgar,foul n cheap language towards other members...
I m trying my best to trash them and asking the admins to ban them asap and also block their IPs

@Nafees : Really appreciate 😊
Originally posted by jyoti06

I m trying my best to trash them and asking the admins to ban them asap and also block their IPs

@Nafees : Really appreciate 😊

jyoti really u r doing good job by taking action on the spammers 👏 👍🏼
Commendable job Jyoti. I think any type of abuse, cursing, bad mouthing should be strictly dealt with and as a member of this IF, we certainly stand by you. Community cannot be built strong if we dont follow certain basic rules. Afterall, we are talking about a music program where such behavior is disgraceful and inexcusable.

God bless.