Dharama Yuddham - Aug6th-10th Updates and discussions - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
Great Sri - I am any way hooked to this 😉 I am just hoping that they will maintain some level of intelligence and keep this tempo. Paarkkalaam 
Loving the show ..

The making of just too good.
Thanks Roja for the updates.

I still somehow feel Arjun is related to Sundaram nu .. 🤔 Good move on the sindamani case 👍🏼 i just hope the recording does not get leak out since the other guy is little not stable on money issue .. 🤔

Ram Mohan criminal lawyer pola ..  i like abbas style here. He seem to suit the character well. 

I must have watched too many US law related drama series. I know that in India (being a Commonwealth country), the law system is more based on the British one than the US one. But really? The way the cases or at least the Vincent murder case is being conducted is really asking to suspend disbelief.

Firstly, I thought that usually the prosecution presents their case first including their witnesses and after they rest, then the defence presents including the defendant and the witnesses for the defence. Here, it seems to be a mish mash. The defence lawyer, Sundaram called for the accused as the first person to the witness stand and then the victim's wife is the second to the stand. Huh? Also in a court scene in a previous episode, the public prosecutor and Sundaram were questioning this group of three thugs. Three people on the stand at the same time? Don't they question witnesses one by one? Even if they are all telling the same story, during cross examination they can easily have differing accounts, right? 

And the lady public prosecutor. Really?! Is she shown to be incompetent so that Sundaram can be seen as the much better lawyer? Sundaram is there questioning her prime witness, Vincent's wife and almost badgering her with all this speculative rhetorical questions and the poor woman is quietly sobbing away and the public prosecutor does not object to the manner of questioning? And then at the end, she does this half-assed rebuttal to Sundaram's argument. Really?!

I really want to like this series. I do like the actors and think that they are doing a good job. I am prepared to suspend my disbelief to a certain extent to allow for some creative liberty but this is a bit beyond me. If this does not improve, I will probably tune out soon after.
Vincent's wife took the stand?? When?? I did not see that !!! 
Originally posted by rojapooo

Vincent's wife took the stand?? When?? I did not see that !!! 

i think it will be today's - Sundram turn to ask the question

Originally posted by mirth

I must have watched too many US law related drama series. I know that in India (being a Commonwealth country), the law system is more based on the British one than the US one. But really? The way the cases or at least the Vincent murder case is being conducted is really asking to suspend disbelief.

Firstly, I thought that usually the prosecution presents their case first including their witnesses and after they rest, then the defence presents including the defendant and the witnesses for the defence. Here, it seems to be a mish mash. The defence lawyer, Sundaram called for the accused as the first person to the witness stand and then the victim's wife is the second to the stand. Huh? Also in a court scene in a previous episode, the public prosecutor and Sundaram were questioning this group of three thugs. Three people on the stand at the same time? Don't they question witnesses one by one? Even if they are all telling the same story, during cross examination they can easily have differing accounts, right? 

And the lady public prosecutor. Really?! Is she shown to be incompetent so that Sundaram can be seen as the much better lawyer? Sundaram is there questioning her prime witness, Vincent's wife and almost badgering her with all this speculative rhetorical questions and the poor woman is quietly sobbing away and the public prosecutor does not object to the manner of questioning? And then at the end, she does this half-assed rebuttal to Sundaram's argument. Really?!

I really want to like this series. I do like the actors and think that they are doing a good job. I am prepared to suspend my disbelief to a certain extent to allow for some creative liberty but this is a bit beyond me. If this does not improve, I will probably tune out soon after.

Mirth i never watched the court scene in India so i have no idea - but in this situation i think the case didn't have any stand - Gopala Krishnan talked to the villan through phone so he never did see the person and the middle person could have lied to the thugs and GK is clean because he didn't really kill himself - Vincent and his wife lied to GK that's wrong and Vincent using his wife to get money is really cheap trick and why she has to continue to do that and she knew GK is a bad and weak person so in the stand if she is crying then she should know if she goes to the court they are going to cross examine it's not easy path. the government lawyer thay should have select someone with more authority she didn't have the look to do the lawyer role i would say
Roja thanks for the update

Arjun recording part is brillient

He is watching the GK case do you think Arjun going to support Vincent wife and be her lawyer - i don't know he is interested in Sundram or the case i think he is trying to dismiss the case against GK and Sundram has lot of points on his side
GK is a really bad person he didn't  even have one ounce of guilt what kind of human being he is and these people defend this person

Vincent wife working for GK she should have collected evidence against GK because he definitely doing illegal things - she is not innocent she is deceiving GK and it's not easy job

welcome mirth to our tamil section.

Hopefully this serial will go in the same speed...as now...!!
@rojapooo

Wow...one man ( womAN) show vaa? good job maddie...!! well done...
Can some more members come forward giving roja a helping hand in updating...just two more members will be enough...plase post here or pm to rojapooo.
Edited by atina - 11 years ago